Sad that Claudia lost but

The problem is the general stupidity of MMA fans. Dislike a dominant fighter? USADA comment. A fighter starts losing after beating your favorite fighters? Must be USADA.

It's a shame this site abandoned the lion's share of the rules; comments like that should result in infractions.

<Lmaoo>

Joanna beat her twice. Both fights was clear 3-2 for Joanna. No way Claudia beat him at first fight. Claudia didn't gas out at second fight, Joanna made him gas out with her incredible ground defense.

The first fight was not 3-2, as it only lasted three rounds.

No plan survives contact with the enemy, everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face, etc. While it's true that Claudia could've made things a lot easier for herself by doing what you've said, I don't think she has the cardio and skills to keep it up for long enough. Even Joanna couldn't keep Andrade stuck on the outside for a full round, and she had to use her clinch game to bail her out of trouble & reset. Sooner or later, Andrade would be able to force a clinch/grappling exchange with Claudia and from there it's all downhill for her. I thought it was pretty close odds on whether Claudia could keep up her distance game long enough to win 2 rounds, but I was mistaken. She got put off her game a lot earlier than I expected and Jessica just ran away with the fight.

Yeah, Claudia just did not have the effective footwork to keep Jessica from cutting the cage. One she was able to force the clinch, grappling with a stronger fighter caused her to gas quickly.

A very impressive performance from Jessica. I say give her the next shot, why not, hopefully she makes it more of a fight this time.

Ffs. No. This is why Conor doesn't give a shit about defending belts and why nobody cares about Mighty Mouse. Joanna handles Andrade with ease and now there are people who want her to fight her again?! How is she supposed to stay motivated for this? It's pointless.

If Joanna gets by Rose (who did nothing to deserve a title shot) there is nobody else. The division is cleaned out. She has earned the right to challenge whoever is holding the 125 belt to a super fight.

No plan survives contact with the enemy, everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face, etc. While it's true that Claudia could've made things a lot easier for herself by doing what you've said, I don't think she has the cardio and skills to keep it up for long enough. Even Joanna couldn't keep Andrade stuck on the outside for a full round, and she had to use her clinch game to bail her out of trouble & reset. Sooner or later, Andrade would be able to force a clinch/grappling exchange with Claudia and from there it's all downhill for her. I thought it was pretty close odds on whether Claudia could keep up her distance game long enough to win 2 rounds, but I was mistaken. She got put off her game a lot earlier than I expected and Jessica just ran away with the fight.

Good post. Maybe you're right and I'm selling Andrade short.

Still, I would like to have seen how it would've played out had Gadelha stuck to a better gameplan.

The first fight was only 3 rds, how could Joanna win it 3-2? Lol just admit you haven't seen either fight.

Here's the media scores for the first fight btw.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/5757/Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-vs-Cláudia-Gadelha

Yes my mistake, i've seen both fights, but years had effect to my memory. Joanna won that 2-1. She knockdown Claudia at first round and clearly outboxes her at second round. Claudia had some takedowns, but she didn't land any strikes on the ground and didn't do any submission attemps. Clear win for JJ.

Yes my mistake, i've seen both fights, but years had effect to my memory. Joanna won that 2-1. She knockdown Claudia at first round and clearly outboxes her at second round. Claudia had some takedowns, but she didn't land any strikes on the ground and didn't do any submission attemps. Clear win for JJ.

Media was influenced by Rogan. Rogan said after 2nd round Claudia won. I don't know how close he is located to judges, but it could also influenced one of the judges. Joanna won first 2 rounds fair and square. Claudia did almost zero damage in this fight and probalby won 3 round because she got second wind after break, because of her foul, and went full berserker.
I really dislike Rogan, because of this fight (and few others tbh): stupid face expression when judges gave results and stupid question during ocatagon interview.
I know he loves BJJ but somethimes he could use some slap and not be biased af.
Claudia was not champion material because of her cardio, it's really obvious right now.

Media was influenced by Rogan. Rogan said after 2nd round Claudia won. I don't know how close he is located to judges, but it could also influenced one of the judges. Joanna won first 2 rounds fair and square. Claudia did almost zero damage in this fight and probalby won 3 round because she got second wind after break, because of her foul, and went full berserker.
I really dislike Rogan, because of this fight (and few others tbh): stupid face expression when judges gave results and stupid question during ocatagon interview.
Claudia was not champion material because of her cardio, it's really obvious right now.

Agreed entirely.

Yes every single media but one or two was biased because of joe rogan lol ok man, I think you should take your tinfoil hat off.

Also I can't stand rogan, and I still think it was a pretty clear win for gadelha.

Yes every single media but one or two was biased because of joe rogan lol ok man, I think you should take your tinfoil hat off.

Also I can't stand rogan, and I still think it was a pretty clear win for gadelha.

Then watch fight again, because what you think doesn't matter. Judges got it right.

Please explain me how Claudia won 2nd round. I'm waiting.

Back