Sabas SuperSoft 12oz Gloves Review

Man , that's weird, I'm kinda over Hayabusa too. I loved the OG Tokushu, but they kinda took a fitness route that I'm not too pleased with. I'm STILL breaking the habit of touching my nose from that Damn sweat-x thumb they included on the regenesis and I gave those to Taskmaster months ago. I just can't figure out who they are making gloves for. Does any pro fighter really give a shit about some sweat on his eyebrow? Not the ones I've met.

Been getting back into Triumph hardcore. Sabas looks promising though.

Man , that's weird, I'm kinda over Hayabusa too. I loved the OG Tokushu, but they kinda took a fitness route that I'm not too pleased with. I'm STILL breaking the habit of touching my nose from that Damn sweat-x thumb they included on the regenesis and I gave those to Taskmaster months ago. I just can't figure out who they are making gloves for. Does any pro fighter really give a shit about some sweat on his eyebrow? Not the ones I've met.

Been getting back into Triumph hardcore. Sabas looks promising though.
Ive been thinking of getting some Triumph gloves. Death Adders, Death stars. I want to get some Rivals too, the Optimas, RS-1s, RSV2.

As for Hayabusa, yeah the new thumb is a stupid idea. The old gloves were fine they just needed to change the mesh, fix the thumb, different liner, and that would be a true successor.

Sabas is doing great though. Ill be ordering some more of their stuff.

Ive been thinking of getting some Triumph gloves. Death Adders, Death stars. I want to get some Rivals too, the Optimas, RS-1s, RSV2.

As for Hayabusa, yeah the new thumb is a stupid idea. The old gloves were fine they just needed to change the mesh, fix the thumb, different liner, and that would be a true successor.

Sabas is doing great though. Ill be ordering some more of their stuff.

The Death Star gloves are legit. They were reviewed here and got an 8.0 or something, but I'd give them an 8.5 and the Death Adders a 9. My buddy has had the Death Stars for around 7-8 months and you couldn't tell just by looking at that. I really think Triumph gear gets better with age. I'll snap a picture of his Death Star gloves and also the 2 pairs of Death Adders at my gym.

The Death Star gloves are legit. They were reviewed here and got an 8.0 or something, but I'd give them an 8.5 and the Death Adders a 9. My buddy has had the Death Stars for around 7-8 months and you couldn't tell just by looking at that. I really think Triumph gear gets better with age. I'll snap a picture of his Death Star gloves and also the 2 pairs of Death Adders at my gym.
Ill probably be getting the Death Adders first. Not entirely sure though because im more interested in the RS1s

Received by Sabas 12oz Supersofts today and put in a few rounds of bagwork.

Very, very comfortable pair of gloves (and SOFT!).

I must say though, I think my C17 12oz absorb shock a bit better (at least for bagwork).

I'll probably just use them for mitts.

Right now I'm looking at these gloves:

Rival RS1
Rival RS-11V
Triumph United Death Adder

The Rival gloves at my gym have held up pretty well, but Triumph United and R2C has held up slightly better. The RS11V looks a little gimmicky to me and when I saw the RS1 at a gym the wrist support wasn't the best. I already know the Death Adders are great gloves, so I'll prolly buy the Rival gloves and just return them if they don't feel right.

Right now I'm looking at these gloves:

Rival RS1
Rival RS-11V
Triumph United Death Adder

The Rival gloves at my gym have held up pretty well, but Triumph United and R2C has held up slightly better. The RS11V looks a little gimmicky to me and when I saw the RS1 at a gym the wrist support wasn't the best. I already know the Death Adders are great gloves, so I'll prolly buy the Rival gloves and just return them if they don't feel right.
RS-1s have weak wrists? Thats not cool. Thats a deal breaker for me.

The RS-11Vs do look gimmicky, i hate gloves like that. The basic formula of a glove is fine, adding weird straps for the wrist and all that crap is just so unnecessary. It just gives the gloves more ways to break.

I told you mega Ive been recommending them to you for like a year now.

BUt here was my review on them back in 2013: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/triumph-united-death-star-set-2579615/

I gave them a score of 85% back then I feel that TU should release a 2.0 of this glove as I feel overall it is their very best so far granted they fix alot of just minor issues to make it a solid 90%

I feel they are far superior to the powerlocks, and the only thing the power locks do better is the wrist because TU put that dumb elastic strap instead of a full leather strap.

I told you mega Ive been recommending them to you for like a year now.

BUt here was my review on them back in 2013: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/triumph-united-death-star-set-2579615/

I gave them a score of 85% back then I feel that TU should release a 2.0 of this glove as I feel overall it is their very best so far granted they fix alot of just minor issues to make it a solid 90%

I feel they are far superior to the powerlocks, and the only thing the power locks do better is the wrist because TU put that dumb elastic strap instead of a full leather strap.

Damn Strat, that glove review was on point. I was as just going off the top of my head, so I didn't remember the exact score of even that it was you that reviewed them. Definitely wasn't a call out in any way brother. Do you consider them Thai style? They look like boxing gloves to me in shape and design, but the thumb attachment is like a Thai glove. However, I heard some Rival gloves have the same style attachment. Definitely want to hear what style you think these gloves are designed for.

Man, the headgear is where we are really on opposite ends. I agree that the padding was/is a bit dense, but I've found that for really hard sparring the dense foam keeps me less rattled. The cheeks work for me because I haven't had a busted nose and I'm referring to the Storm Trooper headgear, which supposedly has even worse nose protection. Apparently the Death Stars added slightly more padding to the forehead and cheeks. Did you get a good amount of rounds in? Cause I really think this headgear (storm trooper) got better over time, but I'm talking a good 50-100 rounds. My Adidas headgear, which I absolutely love, is going on 2-3 months of use and is just starting to feel perfect, so it might have taken some real love. I can see, since you have so much better quality headgear, just kinda getting tired of breaking the DS in and moving on. Our version is community gear, so it broke in nicely because of a collective effort of everyone using is back to back. That headgear, sometimes, gets over 10-12 rounds a day. That's some serious use.

Strat, can I get some opinions on the RS1 vs RS11v. Even if you've never used em, tell me what you see with that expert vision. I got somebody to lace me up, but having HnL is always easier. The RS1 looks friendlier to spar with too. Don't even factor price into the equation, just performance. Would really appreciate your opinion on this brother

Damn Strat, that glove review was on point. I was as just going off the top of my head, so I didn't remember the exact score of even that it was you that reviewed them. Definitely wasn't a call out in any way brother. Do you consider them Thai style? They look like boxing gloves to me in shape and design, but the thumb attachment is like a Thai glove. However, I heard some Rival gloves have the same style attachment. Definitely want to hear what style you think these gloves are designed for.

Man, the headgear is where we are really on opposite ends. I agree that the padding was/is a bit dense, but I've found that for really hard sparring the dense foam keeps me less rattled. The cheeks work for me because I haven't had a busted nose and I'm referring to the Storm Trooper headgear, which supposedly has even worse nose protection. Apparently the Death Stars added slightly more padding to the forehead and cheeks. Did you get a good amount of rounds in? Cause I really think this headgear (storm trooper) got better over time, but I'm talking a good 50-100 rounds. My Adidas headgear, which I absolutely love, is going on 2-3 months of use and is just starting to feel perfect, so it might have taken some real love. I can see, since you have so much better quality headgear, just kinda getting tired of breaking the DS in and moving on. Our version is community gear, so it broke in nicely because of a collective effort of everyone using is back to back. That headgear, sometimes, gets over 10-12 rounds a day. That's some serious use.

Strat, can I get some opinions on the RS1 vs RS11v. Even if you've never used em, tell me what you see with that expert vision. I got somebody to lace me up, but having HnL is always easier. The RS1 looks friendlier to spar with too. Don't even factor price into the equation, just performance. Would really appreciate your opinion on this brother

Hey MEGA, RS1 and RS2Vare the same glove...except for on is lace up and the other HnL. Imo they are the best sparring gloves. Wrist support is not the best but with good wrapping you should not have any problems.

Oh i know it wasnt a call out, i just linked the review so you could see and anyone else if they had questions since i reviewed them already.

Nah imo the deathstars lean more towards a western glove.

As for the headgear it went to another member on the board because my head and your head are way different. Mine is pretty round and it just didnt suit me. I dont think its a bad headgear infact it may be just as good as the gloves but when a style doesnt fit right it simply wont work. Know what i mean?

I always felt TU was very good just not great. They always were like a few things short of being great. I think if they listened to the customers they would have an amazing product.

Hey MEGA, RS1 and RS2Vare the same glove...except for on is lace up and the other HnL. Imo they are the best sparring gloves. Wrist support is not the best but with good wrapping you should not have any problems.

True, I just remembered we got the RS2V at my gym, but I don't think I've seen them up close. I never really gave them a second thought because of the wrist support, but i'll check em out, the padding on the RS1 looks great. When I saw the RS1 back in 2012 I remember there being some glove flop to it. The padding on the RS1 looks totally different than the RS11v IMO.

Oh i know it wasnt a call out, i just linked the review so you could see and anyone else if they had questions since i reviewed them already.

As for the headgear it went to another member on the board because my head and your head are way different. Mine is pretty round and it just didnt suit me. I dont think its a bad headgear infact it may be just as good as the gloves but when a style doesnt fit right it simply wont work. Know what i mean?

I always felt TU was very good just not great. They always were like a few things short of being great. I think if they listened to the customers they would have an amazing product.

YEa, its a good review man. I thought it was more western too, and I'm considering the lace up version. THe hook n loop has good support. I just see if the glove hangs a bit and consider that either good or bad and I don't remember these doing that.

Headgear is definitely a lot of personal preference. At first I wasn't impressed, but it absorbs the occasional hook well and the back of the head padding really is key for younger amateur fighters that get wild. We had a 25 fight ammy just get injured wearing an FG-2900 because of a shot to the back of the head, so I guess it depends on the situation. The bridge of my nose has taken a few shots and swelled, but I've never bled. Seems to be closer to amateur boxing headgear.

I lump Hayabusa, Triumph and R2C together. Overall "B" companies that make a few "A" products

True, I just remembered we got the RS2V at my gym, but I don't think I've seen them up close. I never really gave them a second thought because of the wrist support, but i'll check em out, the padding on the RS1 looks great. When I saw the RS1 back in 2012 I remember there being some glove flop to it. The padding on the RS1 looks totally different than the RS11v IMO.

I can assure you its the same padding now. The hand pocket is a little wide but super comfy.

I gotta go with you on the Death Stars. Love the gloves.....hate the damn headgear. In fact I can't give that thing away.....lol.

The Death Stars are definitely western. If they were Thai then you could consider the Powerlocks Thai too and they're obviously not haha. The thumb attachment style doesnt mean much.

As for the RS1s is there really that much flop? Im gonna get those, i plan on reviewing them obviously. After them probably the Adders or DSs

The Death Stars are definitely western. If they were Thai then you could consider the Powerlocks Thai too and they're obviously not haha. The thumb attachment style doesnt mean much.

As for the RS1s is there really that much flop? Im gonna get those, i plan on reviewing them obviously. After them probably the Adders or DSs

It wasn't deal breaking bad at all. Also, they weren't laced up. I think that's what the gloves were design for - an angled lace up for a different take on wrist support. I'm mulling over the RS11v and RS1. Totally different, RS1 is bigger profile, 11v is smaller and more compact. I definitely recommend trying the Death Adders before they stop making them.

It wasn't deal breaking bad at all. Also, they weren't laced up. I think that's what the gloves were design for - an angled lace up for a different take on wrist support. I'm mulling over the RS11v and RS1. Totally different, RS1 is bigger profile, 11v is smaller and more compact. I definitely recommend trying the Death Adders before they stop making them.
Yeah ill probably be going RS1s first then Adders after. Like i said those RS11Vs seem gimmicky, they remind me of those Hayabusa Mirari. It seems Canadian brands try to be way too innovative for their own good hahaha. They end up coming up with some strange ideas.

From Rival id get the Guerreros, Optimas, RS1s and the RS2Vs. Theres like 1 maybe 2 bag gloves that id want to try out too but only if i could find them for cheap.

Yeah ill probably be going RS1s first then Adders after. Like i said those RS11Vs seem gimmicky, they remind me of those Hayabusa Mirari. It seems Canadian brands try to be way too innovative for their own good hahaha. They end up coming up with some strange ideas.

From Rival id get the Guerreros, Optimas, RS1s and the RS2Vs. Theres like 1 maybe 2 bag gloves that id want to try out too but only if i could find them for cheap.

I dislike Rivals bag gloves because they go by size and not weight. I honestly don't get that. I like to use 10 ounce on mitts to simulate the gloves used in amateur competition, but I don't want my hand stuffed into some small glove.

We have both the Optimas and RS2V. I seriously dislike the Optimas. The wrist strap is just ridiculous and the foam used in it broke down quick. In theory it's cool, but the execution wasn't the best, IMO. The padding is pretty sweet though.

Like I said earlier, I will be taking picture of our Rival gloves and Triumph United gloves and posting them, so maybe that can help a bit.

Back