Sabas SS bubbling

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Jonathan Mohr, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

I've got a review up in the review section of my R2C Facesaver headguard. Its gotten pretty much 12 rounds of sparring 2 times a week since I did the review (minus the 3 months my hand took to heal from an injury) I've never tried their gloves but the quality of the heaguard was great. I've got a pair of Topboxer gloves and they're great but I'll need a month or two before I finish my review to see how they hold up at which point I'll post the review.

The majority of Pakistani companies are just half assed winning/grant/cleto clones and are barely on the quality of shitty everlasts or RDX or Sting. If I had to rate the brands I've used it'd go
    1. Fairtex
    2. Cleto Reyes
    3. Topboxer
    4. Ring to Cage
    5. Twins
    5. Topking
    6. Sting

I've never used Grant or Winnings as I'm not a millionaire. Winnings will be my next purchase and Grant will probably never happen unless I go pro.

shincheckin likes this.
  2. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

Yeah I think a huge reason why alot of companies can get away with making cheap stuff, is their target market isnt athletes, its your average joe. So for the weekend warrior, alot of the cheapy stuff works just fine. Than they just have a famous pro wear it to promote it. Plus have some cool design on the gloves and bingo. A friend of mine has been sponsored by RDX as well.

Woldog likes this.
  3. hangulmalmotayo

hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

Is your friend Amir?

deh707, listrahtes and shincheckin like this.
  4. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

No, i dont know if RDX is still doing it, but for a while they were advertising on IG that they were looking to sponsor some people. A friend of mine has like 2 or 3 pro kickboxing fights, but hes got a shitload of IG followers, so they sponsored him with some gloves, shin pads, etc. more like some free equipment, rather than a full on sponsor. Im sure Amir is well payed to wear their crap.

Kick_@ss_Seabass likes this.
  5. Vols1891

Vols1891 White Belt

Maybe I should try Fairtex if you’ve got it ranked that highly. What equipment of theirs have you used?

6. GFG

GFG Green Belt

Those little lumps are only cosmetic I wouldn't worry about them. If you tire open the glove you'd notice the lumps as re just tiny prices of laytex dust particles. that normally break off over time from opening and closing your hands when the laytex foam rubs against the leather wrinkles on the sides of the gloves. Normally happens with softer laytex foams. But doesn't effect the performance of the gloves at all. Like I said just cosmetic no need to stress out about them little dust particles making there way from the sides of the foam padding.

7. Vols1891

Vols1891 White Belt

So it isn’t from the poly bag that surrounds the padding bunching up? That’s the explanation I’ve always heard before.

8. smittywerben_box

smittywerben_box White Belt

I'm on the athlete spectrum. Used them primarily when I was competing in amateur boxing and strictly used them for sparring. Now that the padding has worn down they have evolved to my bag gloves and I get wonderful feedback from them.

I am using them 6 days a week now as I am currently training to fight again after school had consumed my life. I can feel that the padding is starting to bottom out just a tad bit. To preserve the life I cut some Le Roy wraps in half and use it as knuckle padding.

shincheckin likes this.
  9. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

My favorite Fairtex glove is the BGV9 sadly it's unsuitable for sparring as its padding is quite hard though it is easily their best boxing glove. The BGV6 is what I use for sparring. The BGV1 is a good glove for Muay Thai and I'd rate it higher than anything in the Twins brand.
    I wouldn't ever bother with Fairtex headguards.

10. Jonathan Mohr

Jonathan Mohr White Belt

mrv said:
    Firstly the purpose of this post wasn't to put people off, just to document my experience. Sabas are telling me it's simply the way they are made which is fair enough, however for a premium glove I expect better. My RTC C17S were flawless!

I have NEVER seen dimples and lumps beneath the leather on any other glove in my life, even £15 everlast crappies so I don't understand what they mean by "the creases are caused by a poly bag which is used to fill the glove" what does that mean? I thought all handmade gloves use hand carved pre glued foams and certainly not anything which has been "filled".

???

11. GFG

GFG Green Belt

sometimes it happens especially when you use softer laytex foams cheaper denser foams doesn't happen as much from my experience

12. GFG

GFG Green Belt

i've seen a bunch of gloves with these dimples and lumps from various brands and every time i open the gloves up i always noticed tiny laytex particles at the same location of where the lumps were on the leather, the thing is these particles always seem tiny in comparison to the lumps

13. Sal Gomez

Sal Gomez Banned Banned

These are SS. Have some bubbling and showing some wear.
    I've been using these as bag gloves b/c my knuckles are sensitive.
    I cut off the thumb locks. Makes them easier to use b/c I workout alone.
    Aside from those bubbles and finish wear, they are holding up ok.
    I use a black hydrostrike bag and a sleeved PBE punching bag.

Attached Files:

• sab.jpg
      sab.jpg
      File size:
      30.1 KB
      Views:
  14. dembones22

dembones22 DEFIANT CHAMPION

To be honest, ppl have some false idea that your gear is supposed to stay new forever. And yes some foam types last longer than others. But if all you are getting is some bubbles and the glove is still protecting you, you should be alright. I think ppl are just concerned with aesthetics of the glove in this matter.

If the foam is totally disintegrating rapidly than obviously that is a problem.

SO BE ADVISED : USING YOUR GLOVES ON THE HEAVY BAG WILL WEAR THEM OUT FASTER. BUT THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE FOR.

l@nd0 just my opinion.

Woldog and j-boxing like this.
  15. fireblur

fireblur White Belt

I recently purchased some Sabas SuperSofts and in no less than a week did I experience the bubbling issue... very disappointing. I will never buy from them again.

j-boxing likes this.
  16. lena

lena Blue Belt

So you tried one Pakistani brand are now convinced that everything out of that country is shit?

Someone tell Jon Jones and Cub Swanson that “shincheckin” knows better, their Pakistani Topboxers are shit!

Based on value for money, my Topboxers beat my Cletos hands down. Cletos are slightly better for double the cost.

My UMA R9s have held up fantastically well.

You have no idea, do you, that a lot of Title’s top end stuff is made in Pakistan?

And just because you think R2C “looks” like crap doesn’t mean it is. Lots of great reviews by sherdoggers on R2C.

Based on your logic we can all agree that British cars and motorcycles are overpriced garbage. Never encountered a British vehicle that could go 6 months without needing some repairs of some kind.

shincheckin likes this.
  17. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

So you tried one Pakistani brand are now convinced that everything out of that country is shit?
    - not one product, several products.

You have no idea, do you, that a lot of Title’s top end stuff is made in Pakistan?
    - I have tried title products, IMO most of their stuff is pretty cheap as well.

And just because you think R2C “looks” like crap doesn’t mean it is. Lots of great reviews by sherdoggers on R2C.
    - My opinion is not the end all be all. However I am entitled to my opinion, and to me, the way they look, and that they are made in pakistan, and my previous bad experiences with pakistand made products, I will not TRY them. Anyone else is free to try them, I however will not.

Based on your logic we can all agree that British cars and motorcycles are overpriced garbage. Never encountered a British vehicle that could go 6 months without needing some repairs of some kind
    - Due to my previous bad experiences with pakistani made products, I will no longer try them. There may be good products out there, but do to my bad experiences, I will no longer try them. Much in the same manner how I owned several Ford trucks, and due to my bad experiences with them, will never buy another ford ever again. Theres people out there that love fords, but not me.

Someone tell Jon Jones and Cub Swanson that “shincheckin” knows better, their Pakistani Topboxers are shit!
    - Cub knows me by my real name not "shincheckin". Ill make sure to talk with him about pakistani made products the next time I hold pads for him. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    pvsampson likes this.
  18. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

I wonder if something has changed in production, because I purchased a pair of SS when they first came out and they are still in beautiful shape. Shame to see others aren't sharing the same results.

I primarily use mine for sparring however.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  19. j-boxing

j-boxing Human, all too human

Given all the recent anecdotal evidence, that strikes me as a reasonable hypothesis.

Sacrifices had to be made to meet increased demand...

20. lena

lena Blue Belt

It's amusing you think a picture with Cub gives you any special cred here.

Newsflash, lots of sherdoggers train with pros, or are pros themselves.

By the way, please tell me how it went after you did Cub the favor of throwing his Paki Topboxer gloves into the trash.

shincheckin likes this.