Sabas SS bubbling

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Jonathan Mohr, Mar 27, 2018.

1. drbolony

drbolony -Dream Chaser-

Yeah exactly. I'm all about performance. Thanks dude. I haven't been around the gear forums lately mind filling me in on what happened to Juan? Was looking forward to ordering from him. Even had an address in Mex ready to go, to save on shipping.

2. dembones22

dembones22 DEFIANT CHAMPION

Did you try emailing him?? Maybe he just stopped providing service as us gear heads can be picky assholes.

To be honest I would wait for sale price on Everlast MX training gloves lace up and get those. Write your name on them in Sharpie if you want them customized, and then get back to training !!

<{1-9}> Let's just be honest.

drbolony likes this.
  3. drbolony

drbolony -Dream Chaser-

I'm not really looking for customization man, that's why I asked you about the Casanovas. I'm fine with solid colors (red being my favorite) and don't mind mixing brands. When it comes to customization, I'm more into the fact that they measure your hands for proper protection, rather than exotic leathers and logos. I was just wondering about Juan because he handled most Mexican brands not just 2-3.

Nah haven't tried emailing him, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the Info dude!

dembones22 likes this.
  4. dembones22

No prob. Cheers.

drbolony likes this.
  5. hangulmalmotayo

hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

Do the Everlast MX training gloves have relatively dense padding?

6. dembones22

I would say they are slightly more dense than Cleto's. For some people the glove didn't fit them well, I've heard. But I have a pair in 14 oz velcro and a pair in 16 oz lace up. The 14 oz velcro are narrower. But both fit me well. Feel better than Cleto's but that's just my opinion. Different size hands and all that come into play.

7. jmpm

jmpm White Belt

im thinking about buying a pair of either pro series or prime gloves in custom, are all the people complaining about sabas on here reffering to there stock gloves? or are there custom gloves just as bad?

8. never enough

never enough Colour my life with the Chaos of trouble

To be fair my fairtex BVG9s are starting to have the same thing happen not as bad as the TS gloves but still ive only owned them for a few months and its only cosmetic (i hope)

9. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

I've never seen this happen on Fairtex gloves? Are you doing any form of leather care/cleaning and do you dry your gloves out after use? It seems like the bubbling could be caused by sweat residue or heat (So unless you train in a sauna or store your gloves in the oven I can't see that being a factor)

10. never enough

I use glove dogs and rotate my gloves daily between the fairtex and twins. Occasionally i keep the gloves in my gym bag. the bubbling isnt anywhere near as bad as those sabas pictured and Im hping its not going to get worse. The BVG9s seem to dry way faster than my other gloves. My Twins can still feel damp for days even with the glove dogs

11. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

Yeah I'm not to sure why they would be bubbling, I'd suggest contacting Fairtex directly they have been good to fix any issues in the past for me. But if you can't show them proof your gloves are genuine Fairtex then you could have some issues.

never enough likes this.
  12. never enough

I actually just looked at them to take photos and they arent as bad as I thought. Maybe they look far worse after training. Now it just looks like some minor bumps under the leather

Also you've tried reyes gloves as well, how is the fit compared to the fairtex, Im looking at some sweet looking hybrids in Med (14-16oz) and wondering if they fit a little tighter.
    I recently got some topkings 14oz for sparring and they are huge looking gloves and even after breaking them in they are bruising my knuckles and i feel like the sheer size of the gloves makes my defense a little sloppy

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  13. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

For me personally I've got slender hands with long fingers so the fit for me is pretty much fine in most gloves with wraps on, Cletos if anything had a larger compartment than Fairtex, but its subjective to the person I suppose.

14. Vols1891

Vols1891 White Belt

One thing I will say about Casanova gloves is that they are tanks in terms of durability. Not always the prettiest gloves, but they are definitely made to last!

15. JmacS27

JmacS27 White Belt

16oz Sabas Supersoft Black and gold. Used for roughly 6 months.
    I noticed a tiny, almost imperceptible bubble on the left glove when I received them... The bubbling now is extremely noticeable and unsightly, on BOTH gloves.

Having said that, the only other bad thing I noticed is that they don't have the best wrist support. Stitching, leather, padding, everything else is still holding up nicely.

16. Vols1891

Vols1891 White Belt

I think the word is pretty much out now that current Sabas gloves are being made in Pakistan.

17. smittywerben_box

smittywerben_box White Belt

I had two pairs, sold them both, and never looked back.