Sabas SS bubbling | Page 2

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Jonathan Mohr, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Vols1891 White Belt

Vols1891
    Do you think the gloves are actually made in Mexico? Someone on here the other day mentioned that he’d only seen that bubbling problem before on IMF style gloves from Pakistan, and that it made him wonder if the gloves were really made in Mexico.

2. hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    Made in Mexico could mean any number of things. At the very least their Prime gloves must be made in Mexico. I’m not sure about the others. Padding might come from elsewhere. Not sure. The folks at Sabas don’t say a lot about their gloves.

My original Sabas triple cuffs had the same liner issue and that was the original model. Padding was really bad and the plastic bag was there, too.

3. Vols1891 White Belt

Vols1891
    Yeah, I was thinking the same sort of thing. It could be a situation where all the major components come from Pakistan and then are just assembled in Mexico. I have used a lot of Mexican brands before and they all seem to have much better durability than Sabas.

4. SempreAvante White Belt

SempreAvante
    my custom pro series has the excess liner and bubbling foam issues. My original intent was to use them for sparring. I have been breaking them in and using them as my primary glove until my Classics come in, which I will use for bag and mitt work. Just sparring use they should last a while, relatively speaking.

I will not buy Sabas gloves again based on my experiences with them. My first was a broken thumb stopper on a pair of pro series I bought in November, happened within a few sessions, then the replacement glove I was sent had missing paint on it and I was told "its part of the handmade nature". I gave them another chance with the pro series customs I bought, but for the all in price of $217 (metallic and embroidery) its nowhere near worth it for what I paid.

j-boxing likes this.
  5. shincheckin Purple Belt

shincheckin
    isnt sabas made in pakistan or am I confusing them with another brand? everything from pakistan is shit.

6. Woldog Boxer

Woldog
    Topboxer are from Pakistan and they're great quality.... Ring to Cage is made in Pakistan and they have great quality.

shincheckin and j-boxing like this.
  7. shincheckin Purple Belt

shincheckin
    Wow thats funny becuase ring to cage always looked like over priced shit to me, and surprise its from pakistan. I used to want to be fair and give the pakis a chance, I did, and am now thoroughly convinced anything from pakistan is shit. I will never buy anything from pakistan, even if it is supposed to be "good".

8. hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    This is a bit harsh.

But I am inclined to agree with the sentiment. I try to avoid Pakistan made stuff based upon past experience. But there is some good stuff here and there.

j-boxing and shincheckin like this.
  9. shincheckin Purple Belt

shincheckin
    anyone know where RDX is from? They have a few good products, but the majority of their product line is cheapy crap like everlast.

10. Vols1891 White Belt

Vols1891
    Yeah, I definitely think it’s a mistake to lump all Pakistan-made boxing gear together. As mentioned above, TopBoxer is great, and I hear UMA is top notch quality as well. And of course Ring To Cage makes good products at affordable prices too. There is plenty of junk coming out of Pakistan, sure, but that doesn’t mean it’s all bad.

Woldog and j-boxing like this.
  11. Vols1891 White Belt

Vols1891
    They are based out of Lancashire, England, and their products (their gloves at least; not sure about everything else) are made in Pakistan.

shincheckin likes this.
  12. shincheckin Purple Belt

shincheckin
    I knew the company was UK based and look like i guessed right about where the products are made.

these pads are horrible

[​IMG]

13. shincheckin Purple Belt

shincheckin
    i have these pads and they are not bad. maybe 7/10

[​IMG]

14. hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    You are more generous in your consideration of these brands than I.

15. hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    @makedansure

16. Vols1891 White Belt

Vols1891
    I’m also factoring in that these brands are relatively affordable compared to a lot of higher end brands. So I am looking at it more from a value perspective than a head-to-head comparison to more expensive brands.

17. Woldog Boxer

Woldog
    If you've never tried it then you don't have an actual opinion do you. Just your biased thoughts. Ring to Cage make good quality gear that can be a bit expensive. Topboxer makes great gear at good prices. The majority of Pakistani gear is mostly mass produced garbage but you can't lump in solid brands with the shit stuff if you've never tried it.
    You then say RDX make some good stuff? I've used plenty of RDX stuff and it all garbage, it's like the "Sting" of the UK.

j-boxing and shincheckin like this.
  18. shincheckin Purple Belt

shincheckin
    I have not tried Ring to cage personally, so i dont know you are correct about that. Have you tried it?

stuff from pakistan in general is garbage, we all agree on that.

Ring to cage looks like overpriced garbage to me, and its made in pakistan. so thats 2 outta 3. For me, i wont buy it. Anyone else that wants to, feel free to do so but I am not willing to give them a shot.

I did not say RDX is good stuff. Read my above post and you will see what I said was:

"anyone know where RDX is from? They have a few good products, but the majority of their product line is cheapy crap like everlast."

I know this from personal experience I was a fan of RDX because the first products I got from them, were their better products.

I really like these shin guards, for competition only.

their cup I liked at first, but once i trained with it enough, i stopped using it, its too "square" and rubs on your thighs. I have since moved to a banana cup by shockdoctor. however i liked the idea of a slip on steel cup.

I have these thai pads. they are pretty good, not like twins but they are not bad, and have held up for a long time and get the job done.

[​IMG]

tried these pads, handle ripped off in like a week, the padding is very thin and light and shitty and doesnt absorb and you kick right through the pads and hurts your forearms.

[​IMG]

I cant find a picture of them, but I won a pair of RDX gloves from RDX instagram, EasteRDX giveaway. The gloves were pretty shitty and I gave them away to my little cousin. If you check on RDX instagram you can find a few pictures of me fighting in their gear, I used to be a fan of them until I realized the majority of their stuff is crap.

since i no longer fight with shinpads, the only RDX gear I would consider buying is their ankle guards and elbow pads, simply because i like the look of them and its just elasticated slip on gear.

Woldog likes this.
  19. smittywerben_box White Belt

smittywerben_box
    My Ring to Cage C17 are still holding up after 2 years. Still my favorite glove that I have.

shincheckin likes this.
  20. shincheckin Purple Belt

shincheckin
    how often do you train though? theres a difference between a weekend warrior and an athlete. I burned through my boon bag gloves in 2 years and Boon are by far better quality than top king bag gloves.