Russian Superhero Movie GUARDIANS (Final Trailer Released)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: August 24, 2016

New Full-Length Trailer for Russian Superhero Movie GUARDIANS

Guardians-Banner-Russian-Superheroes-Dragonlord.jpg

Guardians is set to be Russia’s answer to Marvel’s hugely successful stream of comic-book blockbusters. The film, called Zaschitniki in Russian, follows a set of mutants who are recruited by the government to fight against an evil supervillain. It’s set in the cold war and features characters who represent the different nationalities of the Soviet Union.

This new trailer has polished VFX, and lots of crazy footage of big fights in cities, and it looks quite fun. The plot is about a "Patriot" program that created a superhero squad, which included members of multiple soviet republics. There's a psychopath who wields sleek curved swords, a telekinetic, an invisible witch, and the most badass of all, a massive "Werebear" wielding a minigun, on the team.

The film is directed by Sarik Andreasyan (Pregnant, American Heist). Guardians is set to hit Russian cinemas on February 2017, but no UK and US dates have been confirmed. A sequel has already been greenlit.

New Full-Length Trailer for Russian Superhero Movie 'Guardians' or 'Zashchitniki'

Update: April 15, 2016

First Full Trailer for Russian Superhero Movie GUARDIANS

Zaschitniki-Guardians-Arsus-Poster-Dragonlord.jpg

The first full trailer for the Russian superhero movie Zaschitniki (Guardians in English) has landed online. Set during the Cold War, a secret organization named "Patriot" gathered a group of Soviet superheroes, altering and augmenting the DNA of four individuals, in order to defend the homeland from supernatural threats.

The group includes representatives of the different nationalities of the Soviet Union, which each one of them have long been hiding their true identity. In hard times, they settled down to business and gather to defend their homeland.

Directed by Sarik Andreasyan, Sebastien Sisak, Sanzhar Madiyev, Anton Pampushnyy, Alina Lanina, and Valeria Shkirando. Guardians is set to be released in Russia on February 23, 2017.

Guardians-Poster1.jpg

Khan (Sanzhar Madiyev) - Masterfully skilled with all kinds of blades, as well as with many kinds of martial arts. Along with other blades, he is primarily armed with twin, crescent like blades, each of which resemble a scimitar, scythe or sickle and can be joined at the hilts to form a double bladed weapon. The strong blades, with enough force, can slice through entire cars without going blunt or being damaged.

He is also physically augmented, possessing a degree of superhuman strength that allows him to smash through brick walls with a single punch and send men flying through the air with his attacks, as well as superhuman mobility that gives him acrobatic and gymnastic capabilities and the ability to effortlessly dodge and evade attacks, even gunfire at point blank range.

He also possesses inhuman speed, enough that he almost appears to teleport. Using his speed requires him first to focus hard, achieving a meditative state that causes his eyes to turn completely white and allowing him to perceive faster than any human can. While in this state, he sees everything as being in slow motion while he himself moves at normal speed, or somewhat faster. Whenever he moves in this state, a black gaseous trail appears behind him outlining his movements. His strength and speed allows him to use his strong blades to slice a car and anyone in it in two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaschitniki

Guardians-Poster2.jpg

Ler (Sebastien Sisak) - He is armed with all forms of earth manipulation abilities, and is able to control stone and soil, collect dust from boulders, stop falling rocks, and move mountains. He can cause the ground to break apart under his enemies feet with great precision in what parts break and what shape the subsequent depression makes. This allows him to form instant craters, canyons, ravines, and sink holes to fight his opponents, though these formations are usually small in scale.

He is able to cause quakes and tremors in the ground beneath his opponents, such as making the ground under them erupt and explode. Along with his abilities, he is armed with a small chain with a large rock cemented on its end, which he can use as a type of flail.

Guardians-Poster5.jpg

Xenia (Alina Lanina) - Flexible and agile, to a superhuman degree. She has the ability to move on water as if it were solid ground, as well as to seamlessly floating through it. This gives her higher mobility in water than the fastest, or most maneuverable sea creature. She cannot feel temperature differences and can survive in an airless vacuum, which allows her to survive underwater without any negative effects.

She can also transform her body into clear, water like liquid and use it defensively or offensively. This ability allows her to become gelatinous and vicious, allowing her to follow like liquid and physical touch and interact at the same time.

Guardians-Poster3.jpg

Arsus a.k.a. Wildman (Anton Pampushnyy) - Arsus is a type of berserker or werebear, and has the ability to transform himself into a large bear, though he can control how much of his body is transformed and can transform partially if he wills it. This transformation ability can allow him to seamlessly alter his size, bulk and musculature and transform himself into a burly humanoid, as well as use his transformations to physically augment himself.

He has multiple phases of transformation due to his ability to partially transform. He is armed with minigun in battle, which he carries on his back when fully transformed. He can also use his inhuman physicality to fight, especially when he is full bear form. Desperate, loyal and determined, he is known for his drive to "break the enemy into small pieces."

Guardians-Poster4.jpg

August Kuratov (Stanislav Shirin) - Playing the main antagonist of the film, Kuratov wields a machine named "Modul-1" which allows him to control any technical equipment. He decides to build his own army of clones in order to capture Moscow, in preparation to control the whole world.

Here is the first teaser trailer released last year.

Here's the 2nd teaser trailer which is also an extended action clip showcasing Khan's fighting abilities.

I swear to God, you are a mind reader , because I just saw this on my FB timeline and was curious to see if you had any news on this

I swear to God, you are a mind reader , because I just saw this on my FB timeline and was curious to see if you had any news on this
I would have posted several hours ago but I was still busy compiling all the other data, posters and clips before posting the first trailer. :)

Seems to me that the speedster Khan is the strongest (or deadliest) among them. He is like a combination of the Flash and Wolverine with super strength.

Guardians-Poster2.jpg

Ler (Sebastien Sisak) - He is armed with all forms of earth manipulation abilities, and is able to control stone and soil, collect dust from boulders, stop falling rocks, and move mountains. He can cause the ground to break apart under his enemies feet with great precision in what parts break and what shape the subsequent depression makes. This allows him to form instant craters, canyons, ravines, and sink holes to fight his opponents, though these formations are usually small in scale.

He is able to cause quakes and tremors in the ground beneath his opponents, such as making the ground under them erupt and explode. Along with his abilities, he is armed with a small chain with a large rock cemented on its end, which he can use as a type of flail.

Should have cast Arlovski in my opinion.

Russian bear.

What's next? A Russian nesting doll woman?

Woah, this looks pretty good.

I would have posted several hours ago but I was still busy compiling all the other data, posters and clips before posting the first trailer. :)
Brother man I truly appreciate the work you put in here

I was always a fan of The Soviet Super Soldiers;
soviets-b.jpg

Guardians-Poster4.jpg

August Kuratov (Stanislav Shirin) - Playing the main antagonist of the film, Kuratov wields a machine named "Modul-1" which allows him to control any technical equipment. He decides to build his own army of clones in order to capture Moscow, in preparation to control the whole world.

They call him the Electrocutioner.

Khan seems super OP. Hope they have some good villains for these guys to go up against.

Back