Rural, suburban or city life?

City for me. Bikeable/walkable is an important attribute and you will generally find the most attractive architecture, best restaurants, and best mix of small businesses and residential.

Suburbs are an abomination- world of both worlds. Bland, carbon copies of every other suburb, full of uninteresting people, terrible (sub)urban planning, etc.

I likes me the country though. Especially your more rural areas with a nice town center but farmland and houses spread out around.

Grew up in the suburbs, still live in the suburbs. I like the look of rural life, but my wife grew up in a tiny town and has no interest in going back. At least there is the cottage.

Rural. I tried living in a city and hated it.

I'm suburban through and through and never really known anything else, I'd say I'd pick the city over the country though. No problems with the country, go there every now and then but would struggle to live there.

I live semi rural, only 40kms east from our capital city, 15km up the hill from the burbs but surrounded by forrests and small farms. Keep heading east and its the rural wheatbelt, Best of both words

Last edited:
Rural for me. I hate even driving into town, people are fucking idiots.
Just being near a big city puts me into a rage. I can't believe people live like that and actually like it.

Depends on the location. Either suburban or city.

I grew up in a rural area, and now live in a city. I miss the rural life everyday. Less people, less problems.

Rural just outside of the city. We are literally within .25 mile of the city limit, yet we have a 40+ acre horse farm across the street from us.

I'd live in the middle of nowhere if I didn't have to work

Im not sure what the difference is between suburbs and city life?

I grew up rural (ranch work, cows, horses, miles away from any neighbours, waking up early to do work before school, etc.).

My parents now have a home in a small town that is more 'burb - and I don't mind it.

I live in the city and I have to say that I don't mind it - close to everything I need.

I do miss living in the country at times though - just the quietness and solitude. I used to go for long runs but cannot do that anymore as the area where I live is more populated and assholes now want to own pitbulls and rotties but not have then trained. Few times I;ve gone from a run (when visiting) I carried an aluminum baseball bat...lol

Im not sure what the difference is between suburbs and city life?
I'd say suburbs you have to drive to places and it is a bit more quiet (unless you have douchebag neighbours) whereas in city life you can walk to most places.

Cities for sure. I like being able to walk places and everything to be close. I like mom and pop stores and local diners. Not to mention when I was living in Chicago, you didn't have to drive anywhere.

Suburbs are bland and all fit that same NIMBY, box/chain store blueprint.

Country is a great place to visit once in a while. Couldn't live there though, I hate the idea of having to drive 30 minutes to an hour to shop, interact with people, etc.

Interact with people? But you have sherdog....

I'd say suburbs you have to drive to places and it is a bit more quiet (unless you have douchebag neighbours) whereas in city life you can walk to most places.
I live in LA and have to drive everywhere so I have never understood the concept of "suburbs". I dont live in downtown but dont consider the southbay of LA as a suburb either. Interesting.

No one walks anywhere unless you lived in Downtown LA and even then your driving to the grocery store etc..I guess the OC has suburbs everywhere...

I live in LA and have to drive everywhere so I have never understood the concept of "suburbs". I dont live in downtown but dont consider the southbay of LA as a suburb either. Interesting.

No one walks anywhere unless you lived in Downtown LA and even then your driving to the grocery store etc..I guess the OC has suburbs everywhere...
I live in what I would consider the city --- but yeah still have to drive to the grocery store, movie theatre, etc.

I guess suburbs are the city but on the outer edges and a bit more quiet.

city because that's where the money is.

Back