RUMOUR: UFC New TV Deal with Fox for $300M a year

Live sports are huge in an online era. Tv is dying. Live sports are one thing people still want and watch

Why is that? They disclosed earnings of $609 million in 2015. 2016 was most likely significantly higher, but has not been made public. They slashed payroll in quarter 4 last year for this fiscal year from $55 million to $27 mil. The new tv deal is a net $200 mil increase in revenue. Obviously this year's PVP numbers will not reflect last years, but let's say they make 70 million from the Mcgregor/Mayweather fight and Conor fights once, it's not bad. They may generate 800 million next year, and they should be happy.
I doubt they get that from the pointless may/mac fight. You know Mayweather got the most out of this deal, and then Conor. I don't think there would be too much left for the ufc. I also doubt Conor ever fights for the ufc ever again. The UFC has no big ppv draw

Live sports are huge in an online era. Tv is dying. Live sports are one thing people still want and watch
100% true...

You want the energy and suspense of live sports that can't be recreated with a recording.

You can still feel suspense and energy when watching a recording, but, there's something to said about watching it happen in real time, when the rest of the world is watching as well. You feel a part of something huge.

I don't know if TV is dying as much as it's transforming into something else.

People still watch TV, they still watch movies, but they don't want to pay for it in the same traditiona ways that have thrived for half a decade or more.

And we still always want a big screen too watch it on, i.e. a TV.

I doubt they get that from the pointless may/mac fight. You know Mayweather got the most out of this deal, and then Conor. I don't think there would be too much left for the ufc. I also doubt Conor ever fights for the ufc ever again. The UFC has no big ppv draw
It depends. We can't doubt unless we've done the analysis. ESPN says May/Paq generated $623.5 million. http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...money-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-make

May/Conor is projected to do $606 million.

The breakdown:
  • Ticket sales: $77.1 million
  • Pay-Per-View sales: $475 million
  • Sponsorship sales: $22 million
  • Merchandise sales: $2 million
  • Betting amount: $30 million
Total: $606.1 million

If this fight does 80% of these projected figures, I would not find it surprising if the UFC collects a $70 million split. The two obvious factors are 1) How much revenue will generate? 2) What are the terms and the split? May/Paq was a 60/40 split in favor of Mayweather. Maybe Conor gets 45% as his split, and what are the terms between He and the UFC.

It depends. We can't doubt unless we've done the analysis. ESPN says May/Paq generated $623.5 million. http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...money-floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-make

May/Conor is projected to do $606 million.

The breakdown:
  • Ticket sales: $77.1 million
  • Pay-Per-View sales: $475 million
  • Sponsorship sales: $22 million
  • Merchandise sales: $2 million
  • Betting amount: $30 million
Total: $606.1 million

If this fight does 80% of these projected figures, I would not find it surprising if the UFC collects a $70 million split. The two obvious factors are 1) How much revenue will generate? 2) What are the terms and the split? May/Paq was a 60/40 split in favor of Mayweather. Maybe Conor gets 45% as his split, and what are the terms between He and the UFC.
Those are some crazy numbers. Would it really reach that high of $606.1 million? I know may vs pac did break records, but because it was a highly anticipated fight between two of the top ppv boxing stars. Most people say this is a dumb fight to happen between a non boxer and one of the best boxers. People are also mad at the fact that conor hasn't defended a title ever. I myself like many others won't pay to see this circus act. Where will all there revenue come from? There is no way fans want to see this fight. Good job on the info though. Thanks

Back