RUMOUR: UFC New TV Deal with Fox for $300M a year

Its not the $500 million they wanted but still decent if true.

Dizz is pretty credible with these sources

ESPN was supposed to be the top bidder but they just signed a huge boxing deal with Bob Arum

Dizz is a piece of shit who throws himself against the wall and occasionally gets lucky. In other words he is wrong more than he is right and tries to act like he knows anything. His opinion is worthless.

Dizz is a piece of shit who throws himself against the wall and occasionally gets lucky. In other words he is wrong more than he is right and tries to act like he knows anything. His opinion is worthless.
Just like all mma reporters then

Me >

Uh oh, dont tell the fighters in the UFC theyll all want an extra zero added to their already 6 figure per fight contract

If this figure is real, the UFC instantly jumps to over 1 billion in revenue a year. If WME can get UFC toys to sell to kids and grown men in the basement, I think they can make their money back in sufficient time.

P.S. the $500 asking price, if real, would be ludicrous. NBC Universal pays WWE only $150 mil/ year in comparison. Granted, I've never seen a WWE event, not since WWF in my middle school days, but i doubt their ratings are 4 times greater.
They can't make over a billion in revenue a year. They got way less than what they were asking for, and that number is still iffy. They will probably get less. Alll their top stars are gone.

They went from asking for 500 to 300? Guess it makes sense if they were really highballing it.

ESPN was the front runner for this next deal but they just did a HUGE boxing network deal with Bob Arum and Pacquiao is free next week

HBO/UFC would have been great. Looks like it won't be anytime soon. Seems status quo with a little more money. I'd bet FOX will also end up in the boxing business, they'll make a deal with PBC.

I'll wait till a legitimate source other than Dizz weighs in on this. He's wrong...a lot.

That true about the 3.6b offer? Damn. I hate wme even more now

HBO would have run it well

They would have done a much better job with the production quality.

There's no way in hell that we'd still be listening to "Face the pain" before every event.

Last edited:
They can't make over a billion in revenue a year. They got way less than what they were asking for, and that number is still iffy. They will probably get less. Alll their top stars are gone.
Why is that? They disclosed earnings of $609 million in 2015. 2016 was most likely significantly higher, but has not been made public. They slashed payroll in quarter 4 last year for this fiscal year from $55 million to $27 mil. The new tv deal is a net $200 mil increase in revenue. Obviously this year's PVP numbers will not reflect last years, but let's say they make 70 million from the Mcgregor/Mayweather fight and Conor fights once, it's not bad. They may generate 800 million next year, and they should be happy.

That's not possible. Everybody on Sherdog tells me that WME has no idea what they're doing and they'll be begging Lorenzo to take the company off of their hands by the end of 2018.

I think all things being equal, Fox is a better deal than ESPN, since ESPN is tanking right now.

Honestly, UFC was so much more exciting with Spike. When it became so mainstream, I lost a lot of interest.

If this figure is real, the UFC instantly jumps to over 1 billion in revenue a year. If WME can get UFC toys to sell to kids and grown men in the basement, I think they can make their money back in sufficient time.

P.S. the $500 asking price, if real, would be ludicrous. NBC Universal pays WWE only $150 mil/ year in comparison. Granted, I've never seen a WWE event, not since WWF in my middle school days, but i doubt their ratings are 4 times greater.

When you realize WWE is getting only 150 million a year for two 3 hour shows every week, it looks like shit compared to the UFC.

There is no way they make that much money back in profit per year. How do they justify such an enormous contract?

About 15 years ago I went to Puerto Rico for a month long vacation. Some days I would hop onto a bus, not really knowing where it was going, and hop off when the scenery looked legit.

One of those aimless bus adventures took me to a super nice beach. After soaking in the sun and some beers, I found a hip hop store nearby. I walk in and to my surprise Fat Joe is in there. (He owned the place) He greets me with a big smile and ask if I'm American. (I'm white) Back then I listened to a lot more hip hop, so we chatted for a good 30 mins about music. I tell him how I'm taking the bus around to places and agrees that that's dope, but insist on showing me Puerto Rico. Next thing you know I'm hanging out with him and one of his friends the whole day and night getting absolutely shit faced and eating more food than I wanted to.

Fat Joe is a nice dude and I've been a fan ever since.

Back