[rumour] fedor vs arona @ dec japan

In the last 8 years, Arona has fought a total of ONCE. A decision win against Eastman.

Yup, sounds like a typical Fedor opponent to me.

It would be interesting. Arona was once one of the greats who disappeared. Had a competitive match and controversial loss to Fedor. Both he and Fedor have been retired for several years. Both are fights people have been hoping to see make a return. Sure, I'd be interested.

But I'd rather it be Fedor vs. Kharitonov

Maybe Fedor was, indeed, talking about Pudz when he said he wanted to fight "the strongest" fighters.

It would be interesting. Arona was once one of the greats who disappeared. Had a competitive match and controversial loss to Fedor. Both he and Fedor have been retired for several years. Both are fights people have been hoping to see make a return. Sure, I'd be interested.

But I'd rather it be Fedor vs. Kharitonov

Arona was never one of the greats. He was top ten in his prime, that's about it. If Arona's one of the greats so is Bader.

Is it 2005 again? Anyone seen that new movie the 40 Year-Old Virgin yet? I hope it's better than Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo. And I heard rumors Chapelle's Show might not get a third season. Anyway, I think Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes will totally get married and go the distance.

Arona was never one of the greats. He was top ten in his prime, that's about it. If Arona's one of the greats so is Bader.

Calling his a "great" is a little much. But to be fair the guy has a killer resume of wins: Wand, Ninja, Horn 2x, Hendo, Mezger, Saku, Overeem. It's a shame he disappeared for most of the past 8 years.

I love how noobs expect Fedor to come back after three and a half year layoff and fight JDS, Cain and Stipe consecutively.

Grow up.

Fedor is getting a big pay day and getting a chance to see where he is. What he needs to work on and what he needs to do to get into a fighting shape that will prepare him for the guys in the UFC.

The same guys who dream of seeing Fedor get KTFOd or smashed in the UFC are the same guy who dont want to give him a fair chance to prepare himself for it either.

You cant have it both ways, dirtbags.

Arona isnt even official, this is just a rumor from Brazil. But this fight is for Fedor to gauge where he is. Not to fight a top 5 UFC HW.

Calling his a "great" is a little much. But to be fair the guy has a killer resume of wins: Wand, Ninja, Horn 2x, Hendo, Mezger, Saku, Overeem. It's a shame he disappeared for most of the past 8 years.

Yeah don't take it the wrong way, Arona has a great resume I was just saying I don't consider him one of the all time greats. I didn't mean it negatively on Arona at all.

Fedora??

3rxLuNO.gif

Mario Sperry is Arona's manager. He said he was contacted by Sakakibara's people who asked about him but Arona is injured. He just had knee surgery.

Sperry was also asked if he was willing to take a fight

well i rather have Arona then lets say ishii rematch :icon_conf

they should make Fedor - Sergei tho. one of the verry few matches that makes sense outside the UFC.

Stop. Just stop. There's no justification for Arona as an opponent. Again, he's fought one time in the last 8 years, and had a losing record during his last 5 fights (2005-2009). His layoff and inactivity are much worse than Fedor's.

If Fedor can't handle a 40-year old Kongo who recently lost to a LHW, then maybe he shouldn't have come back from retirement.

You don't take a musical from rehearsals straight to Broadway. You gotta workshop it first. Top-20 heavyweights ain't workshopping.

A rematch against Arona is better than a fight against Kimbo, I guess...

I get the PRIDE nostalgia and some controversy making Arona a possible opponent but come on.

He hasn't fought in what, 7yrs or more? Ridiculous matchmaking if true. It'll be Brett Rogers, I almost guarantee it. The Japanese love seeing a giant black dude fighting a small, flabby white guy and it guarantees Fedor a KO win to get him back on track.

Lol, let's get a mw/lhw that's hadn't fought in years. That sounds about right since we're talking about Fedor's opponent here. How dare they get someone his size that's fresh and a good matchup, smh.

Not the worst fight they can make but not very good.
<the below assumes they have resonable access to the Bellator and M1 rosters/rankings and rosters will stay the same through Fedor's comeback career (they obviously wont)/it's just a rough draft of a reasonable arch>

START
1.Volkov (skip to #2 if Fedor won't fight a Russian)
2.Ortiz (or Grabowski if they can't convince him to move up)
3.Kharitonov (or King Mo if they have less M1 access than I think or he won't fight a Russian/Should be his first fight if he only does two non-UFC fights.)
4.McGeary (or Kongo if he won't move up)
5.Davis
SIGN TO UFC

Randleman v Zontek
Arona v Zwicker

NYE is a tune-up fight. Arona is a perfectly reasonable option; you don't "tune-up" against some character like Sergei fucking Kharitonov.

Back