Rumored: Allistar Overeem vs Travis Browne

As long as Reem doesn't fight stupid like he did against Bigfoot I see him easily dispatching Hapa. But if he fights with his hands down and cocky he will get KTFO again.

And Travis may be taller than Overeem, but he's lighter and a little doughier.

But hes MUCH faster, and more athletic and more explosive with his range and movement. Plus he's light on his feet and uses angles where Overeem is a plodder who has to stand still or move straight forward to hit you and uses a kickboxing peekaboo guard. Which stops nothing with these little gloves. I personally think this is a really bad matchup for Reem.

But hes MUCH faster, and more athletic and more explosive with his range and movement. Plus he's light on his feet and uses angles where Overeem is a plodder who has to stand still or move straight forward to hit you and uses a kickboxing peekaboo guard. Which stops nothing with these little gloves. I personally think this is a really bad matchup for Reem.

I feel like it's bizzaro world with me defending Overeem after spending years talking him down on this board lol.

Browne has a speed advantage, but he tends to be a bit spazy out there. He also slows considerably as the fight goes on. To me, it seems like his cardio doesnt match his pace.

I do think this fight is winnable for Browne, I've just never been impressed by him.

Next #1 contender? with a streak over Herman, Mitrione and Kongo? Jheeze.

And whoever they put in front of him next. You'll see. Talk all the shit you want, when it happens one of us will have a clue whats going on and one of us will be in a state of confusion. Mitrione is legit. Herman is tough, and Kongo got destroyed. Showing that wherever Kongo is in the Rankings, Roy is miles higher.

Roy is legit. Solid Chin, fast right hand that would KO a Lion, good wrestling, immovable base. Decent cardio, good topgame, great positional dominance.

What more could you ask for other than a more aesthetically pleasing frame?

I feel like it's bizzaro world with me defending Overeem after spending years talking him down on this board lol.

Browne has a speed advantage, but he tends to be a bit spazy out there. He also slows considerably as the fight goes on. To me, it seems like his cardio doesnt match his pace.

I do think this fight is winnable for Browne, I've just never been impressed by him.

Dude, hes fighting OVEREEM.

Cardio is on Brownes side in this one.

Overeem is going kick the shit out of Brownes legs then hit him with the Uberknee. and it will be a tko late in the second. first rnd being mostly a feeling out process. Browne trying not hurt his knee again.

I think that they are both wicked overrated but at least Overeem has done stuff. Browne got all this hype because he knocked out Struve and made him go all "ragdoll physics". Other than that his biggest accolades are a draw with Kongo, subbing Chad Griggs to "show how well rounded he is", and getting a KO on Gonzaga that could be seen as illegal and doesn;t really carry the weight that it used to

Browne is just the type of guy that can cause problems for Reem. I'll vote closer to the bout.

Lmao damn he ducked Junior hard if that's true.

I think that they are both wicked overrated but at least Overeem has done stuff. Browne got all this hype because he knocked out Struve and made him go all "ragdoll physics". Other than that his biggest accolades are a draw with Kongo, subbing Chad Griggs to "show how well rounded he is", and getting a KO on Gonzaga that could be seen as illegal and doesn;t really carry the weight that it used to

You forgot that Browne played basketball. It makes him instantly 10 times the athlete of any other HW. Unless they played in the NFL.

You forgot that Browne played basketball. It makes him instantly 10 times the athlete of any other HW. Unless they played in the NFL.

Hahah evidently so..When looking at his Bigfoot fight he thinks he Dominick Cruz in there he's so damn athletic

Lmao damn he ducked Junior hard if that's true.

Lol Yeah, at least this makes sense though. As much as i wanted to see it, going from being blasted by Bigfoot to fighting JDS was a huge step up in competition.

Hahah evidently so..When looking at his Bigfoot fight he thinks he Dominick Cruz in there he's so damn athletic

I cant wait till after this fight. We better hear from both of you.

I really want Reem to win. But it's a more than winnable fight for Browne.

I actually think Browne could be a few of the top guys if he was given the opportunity.

Anyways, I hope Reem knocks him out cold.

Interesting match-up if it's true. Overeem would be favored but Browne has the mobility and striking to make it interesting.

Back