Rumored: Allistar Overeem vs Travis Browne

Good fight. Mid top 10 (Reem) against borderline top 10. Reem by (t)KO.

Meh.

Wanted Big Country.

frank mir just fought, and he looked absolutely terrible.

he's on a 2 fight skid, what do you think he's gonna say when they approach him with the idea of fighting overeem? im willing to bet he even turned it down. of course, i have no proof. just speculation.

if you honestly think mir would have been significantly better than a browne fight, i just don't know what the fuck to tell ya. mir's done nothing lately.

Mir's got beat by 2 guys in the top 5 and DC was a decision. He didn't get KTFO by a top 10 guy after running his mouth and owning the 1st to rounds.

I think Mir would jump at the chance to fight Reem. With his back to back loses a good win against Reem get's him back into the picture.

yescartwheel.gif

I like this fight actually...we'll see where both guys are at. should make for an interesting fight.

I'm not so sure Browne is more explosive than Overeem. Alastair can generate crazy power over short distances.

Edit: I guess you could argue that Browne's elbows against Gonzaga were a good counter-example, but I still think Overeem has the edge.

Overall movement. You'll see when it happens. Overeem is very slow, moves around flatfooted, and cant cover ground at all. Browne moves like a middleweight, covers two meters in less than a second, and explodes forward, and has a much bigger bonestructure to go with his superior athleticism.

I think this fight is as easy a win for Brown as all you reem fans think it is for Reem.

Mir's got beat by 2 guys in the top 5 and DC was a decision. He didn't get KTFO by a top 10 guy after running his mouth and owning the 1st to rounds.

I think Mir would jump at the chance to fight Reem. With his back to back loses a good win against Reem get's him back into the picture.

yeah or he could get knocked out in the first and be on a 3 fight skid.

So what do you think will happen when Browne gets a good win over reem?

Front Row Brian.

Let me know when there is a source.

Reem but he cant act cocky like he did against Bigfoot, keeping his hands down.

So what do you think will happen when Browne gets a good win over reem?

Finally get him into the top 10, but I would speculate he'd be further from a title shot than Mir would be, just my .02.

**edit** this is nothing against Brown. Just never been a believer in 'rebound'/'comeback' fights against much lower competition to get your ring rust off.

frontrow brian has been wrong way too many times for me to put any stock in what he says, i think he takes a little bit of info like reem vs tbd at ufc 162 and fills in the blank.

Frank Mir.

Pull Nog v Werdum and let Werdum and DC go for the next #1 contender. Give Big Nog to Reem.

But such a big bad man like Reem and he comes back against Brown.

When you suggest alternate fights, you should try and make them BETTER than the original. Pro tip.

Back