Rumor: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal - Main Event at UFC Nashville, April 22nd

Weird, I wonder if this is because GSP is coming back and jumping the line. Sucks big time for Maia, the title shot is his but circumstances are not on his side

I like this match-up. Dangerous for Maia to take this fight before a title shot. I think either can win. Depends on if Masvidal can avoid the ground.

horrible fight
maia gets bank still
my god

That's what he's been doing. Now he finally has a match-up he likes though! Good for him.

He only took another fight because he realized all the refusal didn't get him anywhere. He was getting nowhere close to the title shot sitting out, they'll just keep offering him top 5 top 10 fights. The only course of action he has is to keep taking fights to the point where they have to offer it to you ala Fitch. It will eventually happen if he keeps winning, but it takes longer for him because guess what, the UFC is a business. If you can't make the business money it doesn't matter how talented you are, you're not getting the promotion as fast.

He only took another fight because he realized all the refusal didn't get him anywhere. He was getting nowhere close to the title shot sitting out, they'll just keep offering him top 5 top 10 fights. The only course of action he has is to keep taking fights to the point where they have to offer it to you ala Fitch. It will eventually happen if he keeps winning, but it takes longer for him because guess what, the UFC is a business. If you can't make the business money it doesn't matter how talented you are, you're not getting the promotion as fast.

sadly this is whats going to happen.

Lol at sher dodgers

On one hand they whine about the good old days when Champs n top contenders fought each other all the time and on the other hand they want all their favorite fighters given title shots after 2 top 10 wins. Make up your fucking mind people

The most fucked up thing is with Georges back Damian could win here and STILL not get a title shot afterward.

Wow Jorge gets to fight the #1 contender after one win over a good opponent? Jesus the UFC's matchmaking has gone to shit.

The most fucked up thing is with Georges back Damian could win here and STILL not get a title shot afterward.

theres GSP...

also, theres the possibility of a trilogy... so yeah maia is fucked.

Someone pointed out weeks ago this would be a former middleweight fighting a former lightweight. I One wonders how many other times this has occurred. Nothing comes to mind . Lombard fights or Cowboy fights?
Joe Riggs (former HW) just fought Cody McKenzie former noodle weight.

Someone pointed out weeks ago this would be a former middleweight fighting a former lightweight. I One wonders how many other times this has occurred. Nothing comes to mind . Lombard fights or Cowboy fights?

058_Jorge_Masvidal_vs_Cezar_Ferreira.0.0.jpg

I hope this is true. Was going to go to this as my first live event and was very disappointed with the Swanson/Lobov main event.

Back