Rumor: Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal - Main Event at UFC Nashville, April 22nd

Welterweight title fight is a week away and now Maia takes a fight?

UFC to Maia..."Look man, we don't want you to be the champion. Why do you think we haven't given you a title shot? You don't have a big enough fan base to garner big PPV numbers. Do yourself a favor, take this fight, we will pay you $500,000 to ride off into the sunset after you lost to Masvidal".

two scenarios....

1) Masvidal keeps it standing and smokes Maia.
2) Maia takes it to the ground and smokes Masvidal.

My crystal ball isn't working tonight, therefore I had to give two scenarios. I apologize.

Masvidal by knockout, again. He is too good for Maia.

Maia should wait for his unless GSP is coming in to the ring saturday for a faceoff vs Woodley/WB winner.
Woodley waited and his run was less impressive.
Even if Maia does take a fight it should be against Lawler not fucking Masvidal.UFC is shit for losing Rory and Larkin too.

He's more likely to win than I am to pronounce his name correctly.

If Masvidal can keep the fight on the feet, he can ud Maia without too much trouble.

Masvidal is a flat out awesome grappler. His wrestling and ground skills are very slick and he's a season veteran.

Maia is unlikely to put him away in the first round, although its entirely possible he dominates on the ground in round 1. Midway through round 2 Maia is going to gas and Masvidal will take him out.

Rory Macdonald got in some trouble on the ground, waded through the storm, then beat the brakes off Maia. I think this will go in similar fashion.

Props to Maia for even taking the fight, with that said I think Jorge has a very good chance at boxing him up in this one all the way to a TKO/UD. I think Jorge's takedown defense at 79% is very underrated especially if he shows up to put on a show.

I know getting subbed 8 years ago doesn't mean much but still, I just can't unsee this when I think of him taking on Maia.
r29.gif

sheeeiiiit. maia might be in trouble. masvidal has goat defensive wrestling.

Maia will win and no one will be seriously hurt. The UFC will continue to throw the rest of the division at him till eventually he loses. Been that way for quite a while now.

So annoying, Maia is my favourite current fighter. Would be funny if he choked Jorge out quickly and started talking shit, that's how you choke someone Tyron!, lucky it wasn't me that had your neck Wonderboy. Who wants strangled next since you guys are being protected. lol, never going to happen though, got to respect him.

Fuck the UFC. <29>

Last edited:
Back