* Rumor: Conor v Diaz III slated for Dec 30th !

Wonder how Conor fans will spin this if it is indeed true?

They won't give a shit about the BS here, they're just desperate for another Conor win to brag about after having to watch a 40 year old retiree ping his head around in a boxing ring.

If Khabib isn't on the card also then fuck this.

Does anybody want to see this fight?

Nate is super inactive, only has three wins since his last title shot in 2012.

Connor is the LW champ with only one fucking lw win. Ferguson, lee, khabib, barboza are all more deserving then nate.

Wonder how Conor fans will spin this if it is indeed true?

I don't think Diaz really deserves a shot as all he has done is sit out and wait for Conor but if I was in Conor's position I'm probably going to pick the fight which will get the most ppvs and unfortunately Nate has more fans than Lee/Ferguson so will bring more ppv buys to the table. I'd prefer him to fight the Ferguson/Lee winner but if your main motivation is to make as much money as possible then Diaz 3 is the fight to make. Even though Nate doesn't deserve it I still think he is a worse stylistic matchup for Conor than Feguson or Lee.

Then what do you propose we do? Diaz has no fight lined up and neither does Connor. Tony wanted to fight Lee instead of wanting fight Connor. Dont blame this on Connor. He takes on everyone on a dime. This is the only fight that makes sense. You want Connor to fight Johnson or Poirier?

What we do ? December is in 3 months.

Conor could take the winner of Ferg/Kevin or Khabib.

Conor has yet to defend his belt against a legit contender. The Diaz fight is just a money fight that nobody cares about.

The Diaz bros are considered like greatest pure warriors and martial artists by mma fans, but they only fight for money.

Nothing wrong with that, but that myth has to end.

Maybe you didn't understand the point of my post. If Conor can fight in December then why is he not fighting Tony? There is no need for an interim title fight when the champion is fucking fighting.

Fights were scheduled before Conor´s rumoured return, besides the fact that Conor might had no interest in fighting Tony, unless he was his last choice, he knows Nate pays better.

Fights were scheduled before Conor´s rumoured return,

And why do you think that was? You think the UFC couldn't check with Conor when he might want to return and plan the logical title fight accordingly? What exactly was their thought process with creating an interim belt? They would have had to be sure that Conor wasn't going to be returning in a certain time frame. But Conor has been rumored to return this year for awhile now. Conor himself was saying that he would be returning soon.

besides the fact that Conor might had no interest in fighting Tony, unless he was his last choice, he knows Nate pays better.

Exactly my point. Champions picking their opponents is incredibly stupid. Fuck Conor and any champion that does that shit and the UFC for allowing it to happen. They should all pull down their pants and just take literal shits on the belt to go along with the metaphorical shits they are taking on the belt.

that's dumb. Who would strip him? the UFC who is setting up this fight. And what are you upset about, him not defending? this would obviously be a title defense.
If Dana is pushing for the fight, then it's a non-issue. If Conor is, it's time to strip him. On top of never defending, he's avoiding the whole ranking and contender process. Even IF he's defending (which again, he's literally NEVER done once in his entire career), he's not defending against the #1 contender.

Seriously fuck the UFC. I've fallen out of love big time, money fights have ruined it for me.

It'd be funny for Conor to fight Ferg/Lee and just leave Nate sat waiting for nothing

I had forgotten the FUCKING ABSURD possibility that this might be, for fucking stupid reasons, a QUOTE UNQUOTE title defense.
Pathetic.

I doubt this one is gonna be at LW for the belt. They can spin-doctor that however they want, saying Natezilla is humongous and hasn't made 155 in years. They could book the fight at WW or catchweight and Conor will go on about how he wanted the rubber match at LW, but he's willing to step oop again etc etc and put the blame on Diaz being tree times his size. The actual weight class is irrelevant to Nate, it's not like he's gonna decline the payday.

UNLESS (which is actually a scarier possibility for the division) they are thinking to purposefully make the fight at 155 because in case Conor loses guess what happens? An immediate rematch for the belt.

I doubt this one is gonna be at LW for the belt. They can spin-doctor that however they want, saying Natezilla is humongous and hasn't made 155 in years. They could book the fight at WW or catchweight and Conor will go on about how he wanted the rubber match at LW, but he's willing to step oop again etc etc and put the blame on Diaz being tree times his size. The actual weight class is irrelevant to Nate, it's not like he's gonna decline the payday.

UNLESS (which is actually a scarier possibility for the division) they are thinking to purposefully make the fight at 155 because in case Conor loses guess what happens? An immediate rematch for the belt.
But at LW it helps Colin even more because diaz hasn't made the cut in so long.

But I guess if it's at WW and Colin loses he still has the belt.

It might still not be a done deal.
I'm guessing they're floating the idea to see if it's something the fans will accept

Nah. Diaz has done nothing to deserve a title shot. So there's no saving grace.

Blame the ones who care about Nate. Who does, really? Why the fuck would you want to see this fight yet again?
Tf you mean why would you want to see this again. Here I’ll explain it for you Connor vs Nate = fireworks. From it being a title fight standpoint I get why it’s a dumb fight, but from the sporting aspect of it why wouldn’t you want to see this fight. Those cats have wars in the octagon. The back and forth stand up war the anticipation the epic press conferences the sound bytes my question is why tf wouldn’t you want to see it again ?

Tf you mean why would you want to see this again. Here I’ll explain it for you Connor vs Nate = fireworks. From it being a title fight standpoint I get why it’s a dumb fight, but from the sporting aspect of it why wouldn’t you want to see this fight. Those cats have wars in the octagon. The back and forth stand up war the anticipation the epic press conferences the sound bytes my question is why tf wouldn’t you want to see it again ?

It happened twice already. Cool by me if you're intrigued by watching the same shit over and over. I would rather see new fights.

Back