Rugby In Schools Is A Form Of Child Abuse, Claims A New Study

You're very wrong.
Rugby is way tougher and more dangerous than the watered down version called American Football wearing full body armour, as any study you care to look at has shown that Rugby has far more brain injuries. They even have helmets on to protect against concussions for fucks sake which is not a bad thing.
Football with the dancing fairies in the background will be fine but doing it with no protection is always dangerous, more so as a child.

- No. The use of protective gear doesnt protect as much, as they would like us to bellieve! Guys can run full head on just like Rhino from Marvel!

I wonder how they would feel about us playing tackle football in the street, getting slammed into the occasional car lol. I remember one time we were playing at the park, and this tomboy put a guys head through a wooden fence 😂 boy did we laugh and laugh...good times.

- We can admit we do stupid thing for fun?
I got on the receving end of a smackdown, by playing fighting in a sand soccer field, or as we call here, swiss soccer!

I even peed myself with a spinning kick!

??

It's undeniable helmets work to protect the brain....... it's literally one of the main reasons they are worn ..... for safety.....

Helmets stop concussions in mining..... riding... car accidents... collisions...

Why would it suddenly not in nfl?

They definitely do help. But they create their own issues.

Leading with the head is one of the main issues tho as a lot of the " big hits " seem to be the top of the head/ helmet to bottom of helmet.

That's like the crown of the head into someone's jaw.. just doesn't happen in rugby often. Definitely not in tackles , be more a outcome of a loose ball ( happens a lot more in afl ) and that's a nasty impact.

Union I'd say the biggest threat would be neck/ spinal injuries , far more of a threat than the head knocks imo.

League I'd expect higher levels of cte.

Afl will have huge cte as well

The equipment in the nfl has created the nfl lack of tackling technique. If you gave me pads and a helmet as a young kid I would've tried to run through walls lol.

I don't think any are tougher or more dangerous than the other btw. All depends on the individual .

Like boxing some are probably more prone to Suffering issues from one big knock... but the bigger culprit seems to lean towards repeatative impacts over a course of time than one event.

Well that's what I've learnt for my own health

- No we can whitstand a bigger punishment by using prtective gear.

- No. Your gang members would send their mommas to protest. They arent like in the decades before. NOw they beef on youtube!
Naw, boy, those dumbasses love to shoot for any reason; and therefore, have a lot of experience shooting with different guns 😆

I played football for ten years in the seventies and eighties and I would never let my kid play (if I had one). My left ankle and knee are ruined, and my insane tinnitus is likely a product of all the hits I took and delivered.

Also, as bad as football is ballet is ten times as bad for girls and gymnastics is almost as bad as ballet.

- I knew a girl that as a pro(sp)ballet dancer, their training was abusive. We were both on our 20"s when i met her, she got to Blumenal to study, after that left Brazil. Dont know how she is today, lost contact years ago.

Naw, boy, those dumbasses love to shoot for any reason; and therefore, have a lot of experience shooting with different guns 😆

- But they arent facing cops thatr cant shoot back!

Played rugby as an older kid into my teenage years until 16.
Our coach was a former professional from France.

Never had a concussion and we never had one as far as I remember . Bone, muscle , ligament injuries sure but not the head. I kinda wonder what kind of rugby they played. You dont dive head first into opponents like American Football.

I know a lot more mild concussions from normal soccer when a goalie got the ball bashed full force into his face or a football player connecting with his foot with a head.

Always experienced Rugby as the much safer sport than Judo or football. If you dont want kids to play rugby you have to stop handball, football, american football, martial arts, baseball...etc.

- The worst people getting hurt i've seen where from judô. Taekwondo had some stupid acidents also. Years ago they got a jiu-jitsu project banned on my college, but we still had tkd.

So after some time, i was watching a competition here, and a kid got hit in the chin. People dont get how their precision is precise!(Goldberg reference)

I woundt let kids spar outside of point spoarring!

I played rugby from the age of 6 until I was 28. I did boxing from the age of 12 until I was 29. I did Muay Thai from the age of 23 until I was 29.
I have never had a concussion from Rugby nor from boxing or Muay Thai. I have never been knocked out. Has my head hurt after games or after training or a fight? yes. I've always had issues with headaches are they related to rugby or boxing? who knows. Would I change anything? nope. I loved playing rugby, I wish I could still play but at 33 my body is to broken to go back lol.

I mean these sports do damage to kids brains. There is no doubt about it.

But it's not child abuse - c'mon.

Now misgendering and not letting kids take drugs - that's definitely abuse.

I mean these sports do damage to kids brains. There is no doubt about it.

But it's not child abuse - c'mon.

Now misgendering and not letting kids take drugs - that's definitely abuse.

Kids take drugs literally all the time. Corticosteroids and actual steroids depending on the condition. If your kid is too short, they give them HGH, just sayin

Rugby turns boys into men.

The proof?

You guessed it -

2536b3e10950076f.jpg

It's a rough sport, but I see no difference between it or any other contact sport. Shit gonna happen. The worst injury I've ever seen while growing up and playing sports, was in friggin' baseball. Catcher got blasted missing a throw to home plate. Broke his face, and the impact was like a splatter flick. We all cringed, but the kid was eventually alright, and was playing the next year.

This is a "Kids need to grow up in a protective bubble" suggestion. They're more physically durable than most of us.

I played from age 8-23, the only head injury I suffered was from drinking sessions after my matches at uni.

You're far more likely to see joint injuries from tackles, body goes one way, leg goes another. Generally tackles are pretty fluid and it's more bruises and cuts from being wrestled to the ground.

"Kids need to be reading about getting plowed up the ass with dildos, not taking part in dangerous football-esque sports."

-creeps on this forum.

Kids take drugs literally all the time. Corticosteroids and actual steroids depending on the condition. If your kid is too short, they give them HGH, just sayin

That's what I'm saying. You should always affirm your children 100% and give them life saving cross sex hormones if they ask.

Always remember that you live in the US. In Europe we are much more careful with drug prescription for kids. Sadly this now also changes with ritalin. To get HGH as kid here you need to be close to dwarve size below 160cm projected height as adult male and have to have a GH deficiency. It's very rare .

Corticosteroids are only in rare dangerous situations or with autoimundeeases prescribed.

Back