Royce vs Joe Rogan in BJJ - who takes it?

No one knows, because Rogan is afraid to compete in public, for the fear of being found out a bull shit artist and for fear of being found out a fake martial artist. He grappled with some Koreans one time and apparently he was going 100% in rolling, so this guy turned it up too and made Rogan scream like a girl. We've seen Eddie compete, Schaub compete, all the 'martial arts guys' that come on the show, but all we have seen from Rogan is him talking about how good he is, him hitting a heavy bag and a video of him rolling with some bum from MySpace.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/1/3436288/joe-rogan-gets-tapped-by-hyun-gyu-lim

Even in the article you link they praise how good Rogan was at BJJ. Doesn't seem fake to me.

Even in the article you link they praise how good Rogan was at BJJ. Doesn't seem fake to me.
It says he goes like a gym class hero. Even Bourdain said he was the only guy that he would never roll with, as he just tries to show off. The moment an athletic purple belt pushes back, he screams like a girl and gets upset
<mma1>

It says he goes like a gym class hero. Even Bourdain said he was the only guy that he would never roll with, as he just tries to show off. The moment an athletic purple belt pushes back, he screams like a girl and gets upset
<mma1>

I read the Bourdain comment and he never said anything about Rogan trying to show off. Not only that but Rogan posted on the underground that Bourdain must have been joking because they've never rolled together. I was surprised to hear he got mad about the injury but that's just how some people are he manned up later on and accepted the apology.

I get and acknowledge that Roger is better, but your analogies are still way off and greatly exaggerated

I train at Roger's and can inform you his analogies are spot on and not exaggerated at all.

I mean Roger IS a bit spindly I think. He doesn't do kettlebells ir anything. And Marcelo is kinda small. Rogan by banana split

Lol Roger is way bigger than Joe. Even if their skill levels were equal Rogan would get murdered. As it so happens, their skill levels are not in the same stratosphere - hobbyist casual vs BJJ goat. This is wasteland level conversation..

Royce would dominate him so much by letting him pass his guard that Rogan would throw up backstage.

Lol Roger is way bigger than Joe. Even if their skill levels were equal Rogan would get murdered. As it so happens, their skill levels are not in the same stratosphere - hobbyist casual vs BJJ goat. This is wasteland level conversation..

Whatever. Rogan is the real deal. Roger is washed up.

There was a friend of mine who was a California high school state wrestling champion at 135 pounds and trained with Eddie Bravo in 2006. He was 154 pounds at that time and technically still a white belt.

He rolled with Joe Rogan (then a brown belt), took him down easily, and managed to neutralize all of Rogan's submission attempts. That's not to say Joe was unskilled; my friend had very good wrestling.

However, if he did that to a Joe Rogan who was 38, how menacing is Rogan now at 51?

I don't know anything about Royce Gracie and the state of his health and BJJ nowadays, so I can't answer the question. However, some cold water needs to be poured on this "Joe Rogan is a killer" nonsense. (And I like Rogan's podcast)

Whatever. Rogan is the real deal. Roger is washed up.

Eloquent argument (and even better troll post) - you make some really well thought out points backed by solid evidence. I'm sold! I can now clearly see why a 50 year old casual would wipe the floor with the world's best professional competitor who is twice the size and 15 years younger.

Eloquent argument (and even better troll post) - you make some really well thought out points backed by solid evidence. I'm sold! I can now clearly see why a 50 year old casual would wipe the floor with the world's best professional competitor who is twice the size and 15 years younger.

Rogan does 10th planet so he knows rubber guard. Roger wouldn't know how to deal with it.

Rogan does 10th planet so he knows rubber guard. Roger wouldn't know how to deal with it.

Ok you won me over. I always subliminally knew Roger had a hidden weakness - and Joe Rogan would be the one to expose it.

I can't believe this thread is still going. It's obvious that a modern black belt and TKD black belt would wreck the non evolved Royce.

;)

Grappling match, Royce. Real fight or MMA fight Rogan hands down.

Lol at this. Rogan is enhanced and doesn't have the body of a 51 year old MMA fighter. Rogan could literally throw one or two kicks and its over.

Back