Royal Rumble 2024: Vince Out Edition

Bron is a beast, hopefully he can have a successful career. Steiner genetics
When he was flying around beating down everyone and started yelling that was full on classic Steiner. He's so talented, just feels like he's missing something with his current look.

One of the worst rumbles in wwe history. Women were sloppy as hell. Men eliminating themselves by raising a leg over the top rope. Zero surprise entrants. Everything as expected.

First event I've watched since SummerSlam (I think) and gave me no desire to watch Mania. Women's match was as sloppy and dull as expected. At least Bayley won and Jade looked great. I would assume they will build toward Damage CTRL kicking Bayley out and she'll challenge Iyo, leaving Rhea to face Becky. Nothing terrible, just nothing special.

The 4-way sucked. No Rocky, more of the same Solo interference we've been seeing for years, spamming finishers then both Roman and LA Knight no-sell getting battered with a chair 10X each like it was nothing only for AJ to get pinned because he fell down and got speared once? WTF was that waste of time?

US title match was lame with a dumb finish. KO taking the cough drop was funny, though. If it's setting up a no DQ between them or a ladder match or something, maybe it'll work out, but this is the Rumble, give me something good tonight.

Men's Rumble was just fine. Nothing special at all. I don't see it in Cody. He's not as good as his dad or his brother and doesn't belong in the same conversation as Hogan/Michaels/Austin. It should have been Punk and it should have come down to Punk/Dom so that Dom would have all the heat and Punk would get cheered for winning. If it wasn't going to be Punk, it should have been Gunther. This year+ "finish the story" stuff is more overplayed the Bloodline at this point. He should have just won the damn thing last year so we could move on to someone interesting. The whole "finish the story" is just about winning the WWE title, right? It doesn't have to include Roman or the Rumble or Mania. He can win the damn thing from Gunther at SummerSlam and he finishes the story and wins the belt his dad never won. We don't need to burn two Manias on the same whatever match. And if they were absolutely set on it for some reason, he should have gone through EC to get his shot.

Rabble rabble rabble. I get excited to watch wrestling exactly one day per year anymore and that totally shit in my cereal.

Austin should have been no. 30 and won no. 4. Vince is dead, let's get back to business.

Guys guess who allegedly is already injured

So Bron was given Brock's spot in the Rumble, which makes sense.

So Bron was given Brock's spot in the Rumble, which makes sense.

I read all signs point to McAfee taking Brock’s spot.

Bron was already in the match, as NXT was mentioned being active in the Rumbles.

Did Bron wind up with Brock’s spots? Possibly.

Green Shirt Guy was at the press conference too, who the fuck is this guy. Over 10 years of him being in the front row in the same seat of every PLE and numerous RAW's, Smackdown's, AEW shows etc every year and even made it on screen regularly during the Thunderdome era. Now he's just casually hanging out at the press conference.

GNQv6gr.png

I read all signs point to McAfee taking Brock’s spot.

Bron was already in the match, as NXT was mentioned being active in the Rumbles.

Did Bron wind up with Brock’s spots? Possibly.
I was surprised Orion or Knight didn’t take someone’s spot

The fact that both Royal Rumble matches didn't rely on nostalgia acts to prop them up should show everyone just how hot of a product they are.

Yeah, I think people forget back when the Rumble was just active guys on the roster, the only surprises were usually big returns. When they did do fun shit it was usually with active wrestlers, like Foley entering 3 times with all of his characters.

Wasn't until 2008 when nostalgia surprises became a yearly thing. I still remember that shitty Rumble in 2015 when the nostalgia surprises were Bubba Ray Dudley, The Boogeyman, and 60 year old DDP lol is that what people want?

Mens match was average. Cody fucking sucks, Raw Is Cody Island. Hopefully he moves to smackdown so I dont have to see it.

Womens match was better. Liv looked good.

Meh/10

I liked the show, except for KO and Paul

Back