Roundhouse kick video

Funny enough, kicking with the instep works just fine for the guys who train styles that practice with them. .

I fucked it up a few months ago. Once in 4 years is not a lot but still.. Fucked it up good.

your kicking reminds me of my friend whos a shotokan black belt tbh karate guys are the only strikers that i really fear the way they can chamber those kicks is scary

kicking with the toes is also done in savate.

Do that in a KB or MT fight, toes are surely broken. Even kicking with the instep (unless its to the head) is a very high chance for injury. This is pretty much why kicking with the shin was "invented".

if you're not conditioned for it, sure. they are plenty of japanese kickboxers that kick like that, though.

if you're not conditioned for it, sure. they are plenty of japanese kickboxers that kick like that, though.

its not impossible to do, it depends on if and where it lands. a clean shot to the stomach or liver will do plenty of damage without injurying yourself. But if you kick an elbow, it doesnt matter how conditioned your toes are, they are going to break. I know KK and TKD guys use the instep regularly and its conditioned etc much in the same manner the shin is in MT, but theres still a limit to what the toe can do. A possible comparison could be the karate dudes that poke holes in cans n shit with their fingers but they get to aim and get that perfect angle to pierce the can. Much in the same manner albeit an over exaggeration, as when a piece of straw gets stuck into a telephone pole. As long as the kick isnt checked, or blocked/landed on the elbow, I think a strong kick with the instep will be fine. But a strong kick with the instep or toes to an elbow, or if its checked, your going to inure yourself. Even in MT we end up kicking with the instep, not on purpose, but if the distance etc is off, than you end up landing with the instep. Some MT gyms even teach to kick with the lower shin/ankle area because it gives you a little more reach. Peoples shins get split open from kicking elbows, hitting that elbow is the worst thing, whether its shin or instep.

14446110_10211206609467456_7001412769257061329_n.jpg

I was talking about kicking with the ball of the feet, not the instep. fyi

its not impossible to do, it depends on if and where it lands. a clean shot to the stomach or liver will do plenty of damage without injurying yourself. But if you kick an elbow, it doesnt matter how conditioned your toes are, they are going to break. I know KK and TKD guys use the instep regularly and its conditioned etc much in the same manner the shin is in MT, but theres still a limit to what the toe can do. A possible comparison could be the karate dudes that poke holes in cans n shit with their fingers but they get to aim and get that perfect angle to pierce the can. Much in the same manner albeit an over exaggeration, as when a piece of straw gets stuck into a telephone pole. As long as the kick isnt checked, or blocked/landed on the elbow, I think a strong kick with the instep will be fine. But a strong kick with the instep or toes to an elbow, or if its checked, your going to inure yourself. Even in MT we end up kicking with the instep, not on purpose, but if the distance etc is off, than you end up landing with the instep. Some MT gyms even teach to kick with the lower shin/ankle area because it gives you a little more reach. Peoples shins get split open from kicking elbows, hitting that elbow is the worst thing, whether its shin or instep.

14446110_10211206609467456_7001412769257061329_n.jpg

The Olympic TKD guys get sprayed constantly on their legs when colliding. They scream like it's the end of the world, get booed by the public, then gets up and fights as if nothing happened. Kinda like soccer players.

Back