Roundhouse kick video

The theory behind it is because you break the foot easily with the instep in a civilian combat situation. But ball of the foot roundhouses are mother fuckers to angle properly, and twist the foot!! You're toes are likely fucked and jammed.

because they hurt. Takei, Tenshin and Noiri all use this technique frequently.

ppgTg0h.gif

It is true, you don't have a physical Target to push back on. Hard shadow boxing does gas you faster than bagwork

Fuck, can't believe I agreed with this manlet troll
In what sense? Because you utilize more muscles to maintain balance instead of the force of impact?

kicking with the toes is also done in savate.

Do that in a KB or MT fight, toes are surely broken. Even kicking with the instep (unless its to the head) is a very high chance for injury. This is pretty much why kicking with the shin was "invented".

Do that in a KB or MT fight, toes are surely broken. Even kicking with the instep (unless its to the head) is a very high chance for injury. This is pretty much why kicking with the shin was "invented".
I know Sean O'Malley has vegan bird bones, but he broke his instep on a dudes head recently.

In what sense? Because you utilize more muscles to maintain balance instead of the force of impact?
Possibly, on the retract you subconsciously end up pushing back so its really half the work on the retract, against a non-target you have to do all the work.

Hell, just hitting the edge on thai pads with my instep, and at times feel like it would break if I had a slightly worse angle + more drive

Possibly, on the retract you subconsciously end up pushing back so its really half the work on the retract, against a non-target you have to do all the work.

Hell, just hitting the edge on thai pads with my instep, and at times feel like it would break if I had a slightly worse angle + more drive

do your thai pads have round edges? straight edge thai pads suck for that reason.

i feel like a douche for saying this, but i got into 2 street fights barefoot when I was younger. You are basically forced to use your shin with no protection on your feet. in todays society, kicking with the shin sounds weird, people naturally think to kick with the foot cause everyone wears shoes. But MT was invented back in the day when ppl were barefoot. So kicking with the shin was pretty much a no brainer.

do your thai pads have round edges? straight edge thai pads suck for that reason.
Our pads are these thick ass top king ones, where it feels like kicking stone wrapped in tissue paper. The pads have slightly rounded edges, but the stitching is right on the edge.

i feel like a douche for saying this, but i got into 2 street fights barefoot when I was younger. You are basically forced to use your shin with no protection on your feet. in todays society, kicking with the shin sounds weird, people naturally think to kick with the foot cause everyone wears shoes. But MT was invented back in the day when ppl were barefoot. So kicking with the shin was pretty much a no brainer.

I wear boots on the reg, and I still wouldn't kick with the instep, there's barely any padding there. Shin is a denser and larger attack point, made sense when I started MT/MMA

Our pads are these thick ass top king ones, where it feels like kicking stone wrapped in tissue paper. The pads have slightly rounded edges, but the stitching is right on the edge.

I wear boots on the reg, and I still wouldn't kick with the instep, there's barely any padding there. Shin is a denser and larger attack point, made sense when I started MT/MMA

brass knuckles for your feet. lol

eaf1364310f9c0b771eec66cc87b9e60.jpg

Who needs Thai pads when you have your mum & dad's metal tray and cabinet, that's a true warrior.........

Funny enough, kicking with the instep works just fine for the guys who train styles that practice with them. Kicking with the shin is nice, but it is not the only way that works.

Funny enough, kicking with the instep works just fine for the guys who train styles that practice with them. Kicking with the shin is nice, but it is not the only way that works.

i agree, its not impossible.

Back