Rory Mcdonald vs Darren Till

Is Lawler not one of the best pressure fighters at WW?

Wonder Boy is a nightmare match up for anyone at WW, any chat of him being a "perfect match" up for Woodley is just hogwash. Never used that word before, but it felt right. Just look at the predictions on here before the fight.
I never said WB was a nightmare match up for T-Wood since he has the same problem that Anderson always had. As for Lawler, I think you're off-base. Robbie is much closer to an aggressive counter striker who will initiate the exchanges so that he can unload and counter than an actual pressure fighter. Rory and Lawler aren't remotely comparable in their styles, and if you're argument completely hinges on results, then the evidence we have points to Rory beating Woodley again.

Pretty sure he already has the WW belt. I agree with you though.
He does, doesn't he?

I havnt been paying as much attention to the sport as I used to.

Considering that he has the belt, hopefully it helps his value to the UFC.

Haven't seen Till challenged enough to think he can beat Rory

On the feet he stands a good chance though

Rory via wrestling but Till has a big future

I don't believe Rory will be n Bellator forever so I think there is a decent chance we get this fight down the line

He's a great fighter, but... a marketable star? He's got all the personality of a block of wood. Seriously, have you seen his interviews? They're beyond terrible.

Rory's a bit of a puzzle. He looks like a world beater one fight, then somewhat average the next. I know he doesn't like to game plan against other fighters, but against Wonderboy that actually hurt him.

Too bad about the second Lawler fight, he had that one won until he had to succumb to the pain.
Did GSP or Silva really have that much personality?

Sometimes a fighters fights speak for themselves, when it comes to the Canadian market I think that's certainly true.

He doesn't beat the current version of Woodley, IMO.

Till would be a hell of a fight.

Current Woodley is the same Woodley he fought. The dude has made NO changes, just had favorable matchups. He did good “protecting his brand”

I think Till is a fantastic new prospect and can't wait to see him shine more.
But Rory has more tools and is much much better grappler, where I think that fight would end up.

Saffiedine was ranked in the top 10 from what I remember.

Beating the current champ, a former challenger and a top 10 WW is pretty good.
He's overrated. Best win other then Woodley, in 2012 lol, is lima

Current Woodley is the same Woodley he fought. The dude has made NO changes, just had favorable matchups. He did good “protecting his brand”

Fought the number 1 contenders when asked to and still has the belt. He's done better than your boy Condit who lost to 2 guys Woodley beat.

giphy.gif

Till is tree times the size of em'! He's a fuckin LHW and is too big for these boys! He's too big and strong for Rory, he'd look like a little kid in there!

Rory is a phenomenal fighter, I still can’t believe the UFC allowed him and Mousasi to leave. Both could easily be champions in their divisions.

Btw, Lawler was definitely using back then.

Great fighters, but a bit lacking on personality, not sure how old Mousasi is, but Rory is still young to make a run outside and probably return if they offer him good money to be the new GSP for the canadian market.

Fought the number 1 contenders when asked to and still has the belt. He's done better than your boy Condit who lost to 2 guys Woodley beat.

2/3 fights probably ranked as the worst fights in UFC history, the other one he should had lost it, he got a draw and to keep the belt, he is the champ but i wouldnt favor him in a Rory rematch, considering how Rory did beat him the first time.

2/3 fights probably ranked as the worst fights in UFC history, the other one he should had lost it, he got a draw and to keep the belt, he is the champ but i wouldnt favor him in a Rory rematch, considering how Rory did beat him the first time.

Well, we can only wonder for now because Rory had his chance at the belt, by fighting in an entertaining war, which no doubt left him with lasting damage and lost. Meanwhile, Woodley is fighting smart, not taking unnecessary damage and is the WW champ.

I know which position I'd rather be in.

Rory's still got time and is still quite young though.

Darren Till is the flavour of the month on here. He knocks out Cowboy and people forget the fact he he had 2 decisions prior to that against guys not on the UFC level.

giphy.gif

Okay? His strategy is still sit against the fence and do jack shit. An aggressive striker will fuck his day up. Am I supposed to get upset over this? Lol

Back