Rory Mcdonald vs Darren Till

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
I think considering Rory was only 26 y.o. when he lost to Wonderboy and Lawler who were around 33 at the time, he couldve possibly by now made the necessary improvements to beat the 35 y.o. Wonderboy and Lawler. I think he would be the current UFC WW champ.

I have watched some highlights of him at Bellator but never saw a full fight. Has anybody kept track of Rory since he left the UFC, and thinks hes improved since his departure?

I believe Darren will become the champ within a year but if Rory was there i wouldnt be so sure about it.

Who do you think is the better fighter between Till or Rory?

Last edited:
Right now? Rory. Till has a lot of potential though. In a few years, who knows?

He doesn't beat the current version of Woodley, IMO.

Till would be a hell of a fight.

Last edited:
Rory is more well rounded but I think Till would punch his face in.

If we're talking about skill set and body of work, I don't think there's a comparison. I'm somewhat high on Till, but he's somewhat one-dimensional and huge for the division. I think Rory would be able to control him. Rory was winning against Lawler until he went full berserker. He had a terrible game plan against Wonderboy. I think he's favored in the rematch. The only interesting matchup, in my mind, is the rematch against Woodley. I have no idea how that one would go, but I'd be interested in seeing Tyron face someone well-rounded as he hasn't since losing to Rory.

Rory is better but Till ain’t someone to sleep on

I hope, that if Rory ever gains the WW Bellator belt and maybe another, say the MW Bellator belt, that he makes a comeback to the UFC and makes an even bigger impact on the WW division.

The guy was good enough to give Lawler two great fights, beat the current champ in Woodley and beat other top WW's when he was in the UFC.

I just hope WME IMG realize that he's a future Canadian market star if and when that happens.

Rory is a phenomenal fighter, I still can’t believe the UFC allowed him and Mousasi to leave. Both could easily be champions in their divisions.

Btw, Lawler was definitely using back then.

I hope, that if Rory ever gains the WW Bellator belt and maybe another, say the MW Bellator belt, that he makes a comeback to the UFC and makes an even bigger impact on the WW division.

The guy was good enough to give Lawler two great fights, beat the current champ in Woodley and beat other top WW's when he was in the UFC.

I just hope WME IMG realize that he's a future Canadian market star if and when that happens.

Pretty sure he already has the WW belt. I agree with you though.

Rory is a phenomenal fighter, I still can’t believe the UFC allowed him and Mousasi to leave. Both could easily be champions in their divisions.

Btw, Lawler was definitely using back then.

I think they left of their own volition. If you are saying the UFC should have offered them more, I agree.

Till would fuck him up.

But in all fairness Till is waaaaay fresher.

Rory has been through some serious battles... and Till hasn't.

In other words Till wins, but we still don't know if he's on Rory's level career wise.

MacDonald has proven some points that Till hasn't yet. Durability/heart, grappling and cardio are very important factors to consider. Till hasn't faced the elite yet but nothing points to the fact that he couldn't handle better competition. He is on his way but not on MacDonald's level yet.

Till should fight more often, unless he is injured. He also should be a MW at least, in my opinion.

I think considering Rory was only 26 y.o. when he lost to Wonderboy and Lawler who were around 33 at the time, he couldve possibly by now made the necessary improvements to beat the 35 y.o. Wonderboy and Lawler. I think he would be the current UFC WW champ.

I have watched some highlights of him at Bellator but never saw a full fight. Has anybody kept track of Rory since he left the UFC, and thinks hes improved since his departure?

I believe Darren will become the champ within a year but if Rory was there i wouldnt be so sure about it.

Who do you think is the better fighter between Till or Rory?
Rory via manslaughter

Till would fuck him up.

In other words Till wins, but we still don't know if he's on Rory's level career wise.
<34>

This Till hype is getting out of control. How exactly would he fuck Rory up?

He's a great fighter, but... a marketable star? He's got all the personality of a block of wood. Seriously, have you seen his interviews? They're beyond terrible.

Rory's a bit of a puzzle. He looks like a world beater one fight, then somewhat average the next. I know he doesn't like to game plan against other fighters, but against Wonderboy that actually hurt him.

Too bad about the second Lawler fight, he had that one won until he had to succumb to the pain.

Or both in Bellator.

He doesn't beat the current version of Woodley, IMO.

Till would be a hell of a fight.

I disagree. I haven't seen any changes to Woodley's style since he fought Rory. If anything, he has become less active in the cage. He got in a good clean shot on Lawler and then had a perfect stylistic matchup twice with Wonderboy, a guy that isn't much more active than him and relies on counterpunching. Then he fought Maia who tried to wrestle him for 25 minutes.

Rory beats him again all day.

Till would fuck him up.

<DontBelieve1>

Rory would put Till on his back and proceed to unload some GnP..

There are levels to this.. Till could very well be there soon enough, but
Rory is too well rounded for him at this point in their respective careers.

Back