ROMAC snuck up as one of my favorite personalities/fightes

It's been said Rory's been in too many wars even though he's pretty young. That's really all you can say about him i think. If it proves to be not true he remains top five for sure.

As far as his "personality" I'm kinda sick of so many keyboard tough guy MMA fans gushing like b-tches over the "personalities" of talentless action figures like Sage and other popular doushebags but a nerdy awkward brooding dude like Rory you can't deal with.. Jon Jones is a weirdo. Rory is disciplined and anti-social. Huge difference.

What are you a fan of ? Pure fights in cage only? Doubt it

I don't need more than a highlight reel to want to watch a fighter.
Unlike some :eek::eek::eek:s who need to watch interviews and promos and hype video before they even want to watch a fight.
Personality is a bonus on top of cage performance but not necessary for my entertainment.
I don't really care what a fighter is about outside the octagon, though of course you get a glimpse when you watch mma media, but whether Jon becomes demian or demian becomes moose, I've seen enough of them to enjoy watching them fight.
I guess I'm part lame because it can affect me at time. But it's still lame as fuck to care about fighters outside of their fights.

Lets start a war, so you can go and die.

It already started in the cities, suburbia will be just as easy.

Said it before, will say it again, I still think Rory is the best WW in the world. Skill set wise, I think it's not even close.

I don't need more than a highlight reel to want to watch a fighter.
Unlike some :eek::eek::eek:s who need to watch interviews and promos and hype video before they even want to watch a fight.
Personality is a bonus on top of cage performance but not necessary for my entertainment.
I don't really care what a fighter is about outside the octagon, though of course you get a glimpse when you watch mma media, but whether Jon becomes demian or demian becomes moose, I've seen enough of them to enjoy watching them fight.
I guess I'm part lame because it can affect me at time. But it's still lame as fuck to care about fighters outside of their fights.

You make some ok points. I guess I would add that there is a line for some things and other contradictions of things are unavoidable, so much comes down to exact specifics of who and what we're referring to. What I mean is of course every fighter has "personality", we see them walk to the cage, we see the look on their faces, hear them talk sh-t before the fight etcetera. But what is(or at least shoulD be) the primary thing which they do to cause us to root for them? Their athletic ability to slaughter the competition or do their best to do that of course. So in the sport which literally requires the highest level of fight sports skill(because of grappling and striking both being allowed, no boxer in history could beat a decent mixed martial artist it's science) the cats who are the illest warriors work speaks for itself. I would personally have slapped Conor McGregor any day any time before the Aldo fight. After that and onward his behavior made sense in a different way and I totally changed my mind. So although his "personality" is a bit much in some ways it's for real and I respect it. Other fighters who have similar high levels of "personality" like Lando Vanetta or Jiangling Li or even Cody I enjoy their personality because I feel it connects directly to their fighting skill and style. We haven't seen much of Vanetta but out of nowhere he seriously challenged a top guy like Ferguson and all that flashy fearless all over the place sh-t he does is part of what makes him dangerous and hilarious and entertaining to watch. Similarly Jiangling Li's goofy in a dangerous way personality is part of who he is, it's for real, no effort. On the other hand the kind of personality which I'm dying to see slapped the f-ck out of them is somebody like Travis Browne who strikes me as self centered to a sketchy bitchy degree and who strikes me as the type of dude who thinks he's tough because he kind of thinks of himself as a "sicko" like he thinks of himself as a serial killer kind of dude and that's why he thinks he's tough and probly how he justifies hitting women as well. And he happens to be a talented fighter one way or another but i loved Lewis beating his ass and then bringing up the "putting his hands on a woman" right after great move. And I'm not trying to start a war here because I don't have my mind made up about Mike Perry yet he's very young, maybe talented, and from a bad neighborhood so he may have growing up to do. To be clear his "nation" is ridiculous and the worship of his "personality" is to be perfectly honest pretty much what i hate most about tough guy bitches who worship cats who act like him are so wack is because at this point in his career he very much plays the role of "bully" with his disrespectful tough guy attitude, comments, and behavior. Bullying as a fight style practiced by Fedor is the hardest to pull off and part of martial arts. Being a bully personality and behavior wise is the most despicable thing any human being can do. It's the defiinition of being a coward. And once again there are thin lines and contradiction and exceptions to rules are unavoidable. Perfect example: is Nick Diaz a bully or tough guy trying to act macho? F-ck no Nick Diaz is a f-cking warrior and has walked the walk in every way for a long goddam time. Everything comes down to exact specifics and the Diaz brothers are master mixed martial artists who are serious thugs. Will Mike Perry wind up being a similar cat? Extremely unlikely but perhaps you get my point whatever..

Rory would take Tyron's belt and his health.

You make some ok points. I guess I would add that there is a line for some things and other contradictions of things are unavoidable, so much comes down to exact specifics of who and what we're referring to. What I mean is of course every fighter has "personality", we see them walk to the cage, we see the look on their faces, hear them talk sh-t before the fight etcetera. But what is(or at least shoulD be) the primary thing which they do to cause us to root for them? Their athletic ability to slaughter the competition or do their best to do that of course. So in the sport which literally requires the highest level of fight sports skill(because of grappling and striking both being allowed, no boxer in history could beat a decent mixed martial artist it's science) the cats who are the illest warriors work speaks for itself. I would personally have slapped Conor McGregor any day any time before the Aldo fight. After that and onward his behavior made sense in a different way and I totally changed my mind. So although his "personality" is a bit much in some ways it's for real and I respect it. Other fighters who have similar high levels of "personality" like Lando Vanetta or Jiangling Li or even Cody I enjoy their personality because I feel it connects directly to their fighting skill and style. We haven't seen much of Vanetta but out of nowhere he seriously challenged a top guy like Ferguson and all that flashy fearless all over the place sh-t he does is part of what makes him dangerous and hilarious and entertaining to watch. Similarly Jiangling Li's goofy in a dangerous way personality is part of who he is, it's for real, no effort. On the other hand the kind of personality which I'm dying to see slapped the f-ck out of them is somebody like Travis Browne who strikes me as self centered to a sketchy bitchy degree and who strikes me as the type of dude who thinks he's tough because he kind of thinks of himself as a "sicko" like he thinks of himself as a serial killer kind of dude and that's why he thinks he's tough and probly how he justifies hitting women as well. And he happens to be a talented fighter one way or another but i loved Lewis beating his ass and then bringing up the "putting his hands on a woman" right after great move. And I'm not trying to start a war here because I don't have my mind made up about Mike Perry yet he's very young, maybe talented, and from a bad neighborhood so he may have growing up to do. To be clear his "nation" is ridiculous and the worship of his "personality" is to be perfectly honest pretty much what i hate most about tough guy bitches who worship cats who act like him are so wack is because at this point in his career he very much plays the role of "bully" with his disrespectful tough guy attitude, comments, and behavior. Bullying as a fight style practiced by Fedor is the hardest to pull off and part of martial arts. Being a bully personality and behavior wise is the most despicable thing any human being can do. It's the defiinition of being a coward. And once again there are thin lines and contradiction and exceptions to rules are unavoidable. Perfect example: is Nick Diaz a bully or tough guy trying to act macho? F-ck no Nick Diaz is a f-cking warrior and has walked the walk in every way for a long goddam time. Everything comes down to exact specifics and the Diaz brothers are master mixed martial artists who are serious thugs. Will Mike Perry wind up being a similar cat? Extremely unlikely but perhaps you get my point whatever..

Damn!

You prob don't even have a hamster
If he did, they'd be having an interesting talk about personality among fighters.

But he's here, so deductive reasoning says that opulent hamster life was all a smoke show.

I read this in one long breath, just as you wrote it. You owe me a like buddy, wasn't easy. :D

Somehow your post was not tl;dr and I understood and liked your comment

I don't take mma seriously enough to think about it on this level so if I sounded insulting to anyone I do apologise. One guys lame is another guys cool after all.

I don't take mma seriously enough to think about it on this level so if I sounded insulting to anyone I do apologise. One guys lame is another guys cool after all.

Yeah i take everything too seriously so i appreciate frank discussion and those taking part in the discussion reading through my epic ramblings and reacting honestly so it's all good no worries.. and you didn't seem insulting to me btw. sherdog is like the basketball court everyone has to come sorta harsh at times or the other players will think your weak..

I have to say "But training to give concussions for profit IS kinda silly" at least once a week. I go full-robin black with the comparing everything to prizefighting schtick.
Seems to net me some good will when I toss ^that^ in here and there.

But between us? It's not silly, they're wrong and I lie to spare them bc I care how they might feel. Glad I could vent that.

Hahaha i guess the psycho twins in the shining did seem to be enjoying themselves

That's how I approach each day. "You gonna be productive like Jack? Smiling and correcting shit!?
Or a miserab' like Wendy?? Crying and losing hair, wielding a baseball bat?"

Most days I'm Jack. Or the creepy twins. But never Wendy lol

IDK...

every time he speaks he sounds like a rich metrosexual boy trying to look like some kind of freak
seems like he has not matured enough to be himself

IMHO

awesome fighter though

Back