Rogan: The CM Punk fight on the main card bothers me. That's so disgusting

Schaub gets it.

Punk and WMMA on the main card have convinced me not to buy 225.

If they would have put two of the better prelims on there it would've been worth the money to me but I'm not paying almost 70 bucks when two of the five fights are shit.

I know I’m going to get attacked for this, but fuck it.

I’d almost rather NOT buy the PPV because of CM punk. If there was some way for WME to see the negative effect he has on buys. BUT, everyone will buy it in spite of him, not because of him

Can't blame Cm Punk for that move. He openly admitted he wishes he was the first fight on the entire card.
Then maybe he should have done this the right way and took amateur fights. Instead used his celebrity to get in to the UFC, took a huge pay check and now wants to play the role of humble guy.

I’d almost rather NOT buy the PPV because of CM punk. If there was some way for WME to see the negative effect he has on buys. BUT, everyone will buy it in spite of him, not because of him

I'm not buying it because of him.

Not out of some protest but because I don't give a shit to watch cans fight and I only buy quality cards like 218 or 214.

Glad to see others are sick of the freakshow shit too.

Then maybe he should have done this the right way and took amateur fights. Instead used his celebrity to get in to the UFC, took a huge pay check and now wants to play the role of humble guy.
I’m liking your post partly for the sentiment, but mostly for that smoke show in your AV

Being a young kid in the early 90s I remember wrestlers on WWF being cool and having cool themes and appearances I just don't get how a boring, straight edge, average guy with a Pepsi tattoo on his arm could get so far in that profession but I suppose I've been so long removed from watching it I'm sure anybody can these days

I mean, you're really gonna blame him for making a lot more money?

I hate that hes in the UFC too but blame the company for that.

I think I’m gonna watch the event and just leave the room during cm punks fight. Wouldn’t want to miss other fights but that particular one is a disgrace to the ufc

I don't disagree with you.

I was actually worried the addition of cm punk was going to open the door for a bunch of freak show fights, but i think his embarassing first loss probably deterred others from trying to talk Dana into a shot

Makes sense to me, Brooks is a fucking can and main card fights are generally reserved for skilled fighters with quality wins under their belt.

The only two times my family has asked me about the UFC, one was about Ronda Rousey, the other was "is CM Punk really going to fight?"

...can't argue with that.

Makes sense to me, Brooks is a fucking can and main card fights are generally reserved for skilled fighters with quality wins under their belt.

Main card fights are reserved for people who can draw viewers. Brooks wasn't brought in for anything else

The card is stacked from top to bottom. So one goofy fight doesn't bother me. Most wmma fights should bother him just as much

Joe trying not to look like a complete UFC shill: chooses a non controversial smokescreen topic to get up in arms about.

Punk lost but is on main card since its A. he brought ratings his last fight out and B. Hes in Chicago. I think Overeem should take the slot but honestly it doesnt matter that much

Bless your heart for believing in the ufc as anything more than a circus for adults.

Back