Rogan and Askren discussing how the UFC screwed him.

I wonder how Dana feels about Joe Rogan sitting there discussing (UFC/fighters) private contract negotiations in public.

I mean if i were Dana i would fookin slap him silly

Are we ignoring that he destroyed Lima and finished Koreshkov?

I was talking about the fighters he faced in ONE FC. It's kind to call them fourth tier. Aoki was his best win and he's a LW that's way past it like Gomi or Diego Sanchez.

askren beast yes . really though, im struggling to find the word, but an "introductory" ufc contract of 32/32 was well within reason and it falls on askren why he didnt compete ufc

32/32 for a top 5 WW undefeated champ?

Lombard and Eddie got massive contracts, Askren should have gotten one as well.

They told him "get the contract match clause removed and we offer but not until then. We arent having another Alvarez situation"

*Askren convinces Bjorn to drop his match clause for a full release*

Ufc the next day after Askren tells them he got a release has Dana at a presser say the UFC isnt interested.

2 days later Askren buys his own plane ticket and goes to Vegas to see "whats up". Lorenzo in person Dana on speaker phone. They tell him they will offer him a contract on the condition he gets one win in WSOF. Said UFC was going to pay for his fight in WSOF even. Said it was really weird but he agreed to the deal but nothing signed. 6 hours later they called him and said that deal is no longer on the table.
Why have a verbal agreement to anything? If they wanted Askren to fight once in wsof and then enter the UFC, get it in writing!

But but...I thought he was ducking all that top competition

<36>

<DisgustingHHH>Douglas Lima fights in Bellator, you casual HACK.

Like talking to a brick wall. Once Askren signed with ONE FC instead of the UFC when he left Bellator he fought third and fourth tier fighters way down the world rankings in ONE FC until his last fight with past it Aoki.

Like talking to a brick wall. Once Askren signed with ONE FC he fought third and fourth tier fighters way down the world rankings until his last fight with past it Aoki.

UNDISPUTED, AND UNDEFEATED.

I'm talking about Douglas Lima, and you think he fights for ONE FC.

<Baelish01> Cry Harder.

Its obvious what was going on.

The UFC wanted Askren out of his matching clause to make it easier to low-ball his offer after the fighter backlash from the Alvarez and Lombard deals.

But it wasnt enough to get him out of his matching clause, they wanted to hurt his value to justify low-balling him.

The fact that they asked him to fight in WSOF first (while being paid by Zuffa) sounds sketchy as fuck.

Back