Rogan and Askren discussing how the UFC screwed him.

Just wish we could have seen his A-Level wrestling in the UFC. Might not be exciting but a clinic it will be...

I'll listen later. I hope he talks about the way he attacked his potential employer verbally and on social media, then whined when they didn't hire him. That was awesome when he did that! He showed them!!!

Weird story. If what he says is actually what happened, I get why went to ONE and had no interest in coming to the UFC, which is unfortunate.

UFC told him they would sign if he got out of his Bellator contract. Bjorn released him, the UFC said they would sign him if he had one fight for WSOF, he agreed, then after everything was agreed they suddenly pulled out of the deal. It's a weird story.

He says he thinks it's at least partially to due to criticizing some of the UFC's claims about their drug testing.

UFC told him they would sign if he got out of his Bellator contract. Bjorn released him, the UFC said they would sign him if he had one fight for WSOF, he agreed, then after everything was agreed they suddenly pulled out of the deal. It's a weird story.

He says he thinks it's at least partially to due to criticizing some of the UFC's claims about their drug testing.

He must have said or did something to piss them off

Fitch is also a free agent.

Some ORG should book that dream fight.

Put that on PPV

They told him "get the contract match clause removed and we offer but not until then. We arent having another Alvarez situation"

*Askren convinces Bjorn to drop his match clause for a full release*

Ufc the next day after Askren tells them he got a release has Dana at a presser say the UFC isnt interested.

2 days later Askren buys his own plane ticket and goes to Vegas to see "whats up". Lorenzo in person Dana on speaker phone. They tell him they will offer him a contract on the condition he gets one win in WSOF. Said UFC was going to pay for his fight in WSOF even. Said it was really weird but he agreed to the deal but nothing signed. 6 hours later they called him and said that deal is no longer on the table.

Last edited:
He must have said or did something to piss them off

According to him, Dana started badmouthing him while they were negotiating and they still reached a deal that they just suddenly cancelled. Also makes sense why Askren then went after Dana whenever he could.

I'm guessing Lorenzo was interested, then Dana ran his mouth publicly about not wanting to sign him and then didnt want to walk it back and convinced Lorenzo to renege on the deal.

askren beast yes . really though, im struggling to find the word, but an "introductory" ufc contract of 32/32 was well within reason and it falls on askren why he didnt compete ufc

According to him, Dana started badmouthing him while they were negotiating and they still reached a deal that they just suddenly cancelled. Also makes sense why Askren then went after Dana whenever he could.

2 sides to every story. Not saying askren is lying but maybe he's only seeing from his perspective

Dana and co. said, “Fight one fight in WSOF and dont put everybody to sleep and we’ll hire ya”, then went , “Ok, ya nevermind, your kickboxing is worst that Shields”.

I'm an hour in now.

I think Askren has always been a serious talent and the whole character-fighting style assassination thing Dana does when a fighter isn't his bitch is complete BS (reminds me of another certain bloated orange two faced pig) - 7 finishes in his last 10 fights you do the math.
Ben strikes me as a stright forward nice guy - glad he's had such a great career and is getting out at the right time, record and health intact.

Back