Rogan and Askren discussing how the UFC screwed him.

I'm going to go ahead and take the Funky GOAT at his word over your version of what you think happened.
Or you could research it for yourself.

This is the internet, they don't delete old news articles.

Here I'll start you off, you lazy fuck:

Askren, speaking to Josh Gross said:

"He (Rebney) just called me and said straight up, 'I think you're the best welterweight in the world' I thought, OK, where's he going with this? ‘How about I let you go free if you fight GSP?' "

If you want to know Rebney's end game, he spelled it out for Gross:

"If you want to say the best fighters in the world fight in your organization (the UFC) and one becomes available and you have the unfettered right to talk to him, pick up the phone and call him. And if you claim our matching rights are so prohibitive -- the exact same matching rights that you have in your agreement -- then give him a title fight out of the box, which is not unreasonable given that he's ranked in the top six in the world, and I'll just walk away from our matching rights. So I'm making it as simple as I can possibly make it for them to live up to what they claim. Go for it. Or don't go for and I'll re-sign him. And if you want to fight the best you can come here to Bellator, train your wrestling like a wild dog, and try to beat Ben Askren."

Is Rebney trying to intimidate UFC president Dana White into signing Ben Askren? That's what it seems like from where I sit. It's like Rebney is throwing out a double dog dare to the UFC. The problem with that is White and the UFC don't need Askren on the roster. It's unlikely that the UFC will allow Rebney and Bellator to dictate terms or attempt to bully it into signing Askren, or any fighter for that matter.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10...ebney-ben-askren-title-shot-georges-st-pierre

Former Bellator welterweight Champion and 2008 freestyle wrestling Olympian Ben Askren has signed a six-fight, two-year deal with the Singapore based One FC. This followed months of posturing by Bellator, that many fans feel soured the UFC on Askren.

“I think Lorenzo doesn’t let his ego get involved in it, he’s a little more mature and he doesn’t have the quarrel with Bellator as much as Dana," said a bitter Askren. "I think Lorenzo was pro me, and wanted to get me in the organization... Dana is so ‘immature’ that he’s letting a bitter rivalry between he and Bellator/Bjorn get in the way of the main point of the business, which is to put the best people in the world in the Octagon to let them fight it out, it’s kind of crazy."

There have also been suggestions that Askren signed with ONE FC in order to spite UFC president Dana White, who had suggested following a meeting between the pair that the competition at World Series of Fighting would be good fit. WSoF's welterweights include Josh Burkman, champion Steve Carl, Jon Fitch, and perhaps most intriguingly, Rousimar Palhares.

In an interview with Ariel Helwani, White detailed his reasoning.

"Obviously I heard that he had a lot of negative things to say, especially about me," said White, who appeared most amused than angry. "First of all, we didn't ask for that meeting. He asked for that meeting. There was never any, ‘Hey let's meet with Ben Askren.' Ben Askren wanted that meeting. This is a business and a sport where, you saw the whole Rampage thing, how that went down. We bring in the best guys in the world, they compete, they win world titles they do whatever. But at the end of the day, this is still a business. And you want to be in business with guys that want to be in business with you, guys that are happy. I can just tell from the comments that were made that Ben Aksren isn't one of those kind of guys."

"I'm hearing just stupidness - the reason he went to ONE FC is because he heard that I wanted him to go to World Series of Fighting. I don't give a f--- where he goes. He can go fight in f---ing ABC on fu---ng Pluto, for all I care. I wanted him to go to World Series of Fighting? I don't give s--- where the guy goes, personally. But, there's competition at World Series of Fighting. There was no competition at Bellator. I didn't even know ONE FC was still in business. And I'm not taking a shot at these guys, I have nothing against them, I didn't even know they still existed.

"World Series of fighting.... they have competition there. There's actually competition where the guy, it sounds to me like this guy wants to walk in somewhere, make a s---load of money, and, I don't know, he's just not my kind of guy."
http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=440310

On Monday, Ben Askren tweeted a very vocal response to Dana White’s insistence that it would be difficult to test all of his fighters due to a lack of resources. Labeling White’s statement a “bold-faced lie,” Askren elicited quite the response from the UFC President:

@thefightweek @benaskren when ambien can’t sleep it takes Ben Askren. The most boring fighter in MMA history. I would rather watch flys fuck

— Dana White (@DanaWhite) April 16, 2012

This situation does not bode well for the Bellator champion Askren, who has been known to get on the bad side of fans due to his harsh nature and boring fighting style. While no one can argue that Askren is not effective at winning fights, saying he is a finisher is a bit off track. He has attained only one finish in his entire tenure at Bellator, and while he continues to defend his belt as champion, one has to question the motives and logic behind an insult of the UFC President. Presumably, Askren seeks to take his game to the highest levels, and calling Dana White a liar is no way to achieve those goals.

What will become of Ben Askren, fans? His insistence on starting a verbal war with Dana White is a head-shaking occurrence, one that could keep him out of the UFC for a very long time. At the end of the day, winning is the most important part of MMA, but will Askren be remember more for his bad attitude and inability to put on exciting fights? How will this affect his legacy as a fighter?
http://www.lowkickmma.com/Dana-White-fires-back-at-Ben-Askren-on-Twitter-15660/
(Bashing Dana in 2012)

“Dana White’s a scumbag, I don’t take anything he says with any value,” Askren told Submission Radio in a recent interview. “Because he’s very, very insecure and he abhors anyone who won’t cater to his every whim.”
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12...en-askren-tyron-woodley-welterweight-mma-news
(Bashing Dana just last month)

Now, this took me 5 minutes. You'll be able to verify everything I said with 10 more minutes of reading.

You're stupid to call me out on MMA facts and history... I've only been reading MMA news everyday for 15 years.
Fake news has no place in my presence.

Peace

This is not the truth.

The truth is that Bellator did not want to keep him. Bjorn played it like he was giving Dana White a gift and said Bellator would give Askren for "free" if Dana promised a shot against GSP.

Now 2 things happened: Dana hating the shit out of Bjork, was not going to make it seem like he was taking Bellator's sloppy seconds.

Secondly, Askren was at that time being regarded as a top10 WW in the world by many rebelious mma fans, and Dana did not agree one bit with that: stating that Askren's best win was a split decision against Jay Hieron (at that time): Hieron, who was around 0-3 in the UFC.

Dana and Lorenzo made time themselves for this kid, and went to meet him (Dana on Speaker apparently) but they disagreed with Ben Askren's ranking of himself. They adviced Ben to go to WSOF, where he could fight actual ranked WWs including former elite UFC fighters, to prove himself, and then they could negotiate more fairly after that since things would be more clear.

Ben Askren however played it out like an entitled brat: personally attacking Dana White repeatedly after that- calling Dana Lorenzo's puppet, fat bald man comments...etc, saying the UFC were nobodies to try and tell him what to do, or to control him. The young man had no control over his bruised ego and instead of proving himself to the UFC, to the fans... he decided to show how much control he had over the mma world by singing with One FC... which ironically, isn't even technically defined legally as actual MMA since it is unsanctioned, and adopts different rules and standards.

Now instead of growing up while at One and owning up to what he said and did wrong against his potential employers, Ben Askren and his fragile ego doubled down and continued to bash Dana, the ufc and its fighters... etc.

I am not surprised that he still won't own up to it today, but such fragile is his ego: he will still convince everyone that what he did was the best for his career, and actually even remembers an altered version of past events to be able to pad his own ego.

Ego is destructive, ego is blinding. Be humble folks.

Peace

[<diva2]Yeah, but what was it that he said about Dane'er that was false ??

Dana was just worried he'd be champ and lose a ton of fans because of his watching paint dry style. He hated Fitch for the same reason and didn't want to deal with it again even if it's not in the spirit of the legitimacy of the sport. Ironically, he got Woodley as champ...

He might be boring fighter but they still should have signed him. You really can't call your talent the best if you don't sign the best.

he decided to show how much control he had over the mma world by singing with One FC... which ironically, isn't even technically defined legally as actual MMA since it is unsanctioned, and adopts different rules and standards.
If you care about this detail you are on the wrong corner of the internet.

And btw you sound like a total shill

"He (Rebney) just called me and said straight up, 'I think you're the best welterweight in the world' I thought, OK, where's he going with this? ‘How about I let you go free if you fight GSP?' "

"If you want to say the best fighters in the world fight in your organization (the UFC) and one becomes available and you have the unfettered right to talk to him, pick up the phone and call him. And if you claim our matching rights are so prohibitive -- the exact same matching rights that you have in your agreement -- then give him a title fight out of the box, which is not unreasonable given that he's ranked in the top six in the world, and I'll just walk away from our matching rights. So I'm making it as simple as I can possibly make it for them to live up to what they claim. Go for it. Or don't go for and I'll re-sign him. And if you want to fight the best you can come here to Bellator, train your wrestling like a wild dog, and try to beat Ben Askren."

Is Rebney trying to intimidate UFC president Dana White into signing Ben Askren? That's what it seems like from where I sit. It's like Rebney is throwing out a double dog dare to the UFC. The problem with that is White and the UFC don't need Askren on the roster. It's unlikely that the UFC will allow Rebney and Bellator to dictate terms or attempt to bully it into signing Askren, or any fighter for that matter.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/10...ebney-ben-askren-title-shot-georges-st-pierre

Former Bellator welterweight Champion and 2008 freestyle wrestling Olympian Ben Askren has signed a six-fight, two-year deal with the Singapore based One FC. This followed months of posturing by Bellator, that many fans feel soured the UFC on Askren.

“I think Lorenzo doesn’t let his ego get involved in it, he’s a little more mature and he doesn’t have the quarrel with Bellator as much as Dana," said a bitter Askren. "I think Lorenzo was pro me, and wanted to get me in the organization... Dana is so ‘immature’ that he’s letting a bitter rivalry between he and Bellator/Bjorn get in the way of the main point of the business, which is to put the best people in the world in the Octagon to let them fight it out, it’s kind of crazy."

There have also been suggestions that Askren signed with ONE FC in order to spite UFC president Dana White, who had suggested following a meeting between the pair that the competition at World Series of Fighting would be good fit. WSoF's welterweights include Josh Burkman, champion Steve Carl, Jon Fitch, and perhaps most intriguingly, Rousimar Palhares.

"Obviously I heard that he had a lot of negative things to say, especially about me," said White, who appeared most amused than angry. "First of all, we didn't ask for that meeting. He asked for that meeting. There was never any, ‘Hey let's meet with Ben Askren.' Ben Askren wanted that meeting. This is a business and a sport where, you saw the whole Rampage thing, how that went down. We bring in the best guys in the world, they compete, they win world titles they do whatever. But at the end of the day, this is still a business. And you want to be in business with guys that want to be in business with you, guys that are happy. I can just tell from the comments that were made that Ben Aksren isn't one of those kind of guys."

"I'm hearing just stupidness - the reason he went to ONE FC is because he heard that I wanted him to go to World Series of Fighting. I don't give a f--- where he goes. He can go fight in f---ing ABC on fu---ng Pluto, for all I care. I wanted him to go to World Series of Fighting? I don't give s--- where the guy goes, personally. But, there's competition at World Series of Fighting. There was no competition at Bellator. I didn't even know ONE FC was still in business. And I'm not taking a shot at these guys, I have nothing against them, I didn't even know they still existed.

"World Series of fighting.... they have competition there. There's actually competition where the guy, it sounds to me like this guy wants to walk in somewhere, make a s---load of money, and, I don't know, he's just not my kind of guy."

On Monday, Ben Askren tweeted a very vocal response to Dana White’s insistence that it would be difficult to test all of his fighters due to a lack of resources. Labeling White’s statement a “bold-faced lie,” Askren elicited quite the response from the UFC President:

@thefightweek @benaskren when ambien can’t sleep it takes Ben Askren. The most boring fighter in MMA history. I would rather watch flys fuck

This situation does not bode well for the Bellator champion Askren, who has been known to get on the bad side of fans due to his harsh nature and boring fighting style. While no one can argue that Askren is not effective at winning fights, saying he is a finisher is a bit off track. He has attained only one finish in his entire tenure at Bellator, and while he continues to defend his belt as champion, one has to question the motives and logic behind an insult of the UFC President. Presumably, Askren seeks to take his game to the highest levels, and calling Dana White a liar is no way to achieve those goals.

What will become of Ben Askren, fans? His insistence on starting a verbal war with Dana White is a head-shaking occurrence, one that could keep him out of the UFC for a very long time. At the end of the day, winning is the most important part of MMA, but will Askren be remember more for his bad attitude and inability to put on exciting fights? How will this affect his legacy as a fighter?
(Bashing Dana in 2012)

“Dana White’s a scumbag, I don’t take anything he says with any value,” Askren told Submission Radio in a recent interview. “Because he’s very, very insecure and he abhors anyone who won’t cater to his every whim.”
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12...en-askren-tyron-woodley-welterweight-mma-news

Now, this took me 5 minutes. You'll be able to verify everything I said with 10 more minutes of reading.

You're stupid to call me out on MMA facts and history... I've only been reading MMA news everyday for 15 years.

Peace
Nothing in any of that contradicts anything Askren stated, and you're not using facts but rather opinions of others to form your own opinion of how events took place. You're the very definition of fake news, you're CNN.

If you care about this detail you are on the wrong corner of the internet.

And btw you sound like a total shill
I'm a martial artist, and mma fan, on an mma forum. You and your insecurities are the ones in the wrong place

Nothing in any of that contradicts anything Askren stated, and you're not using facts but rather opinions of others to form your own opinion of how events took place. You're the very definition of fake news, you're CNN.
You must have the comprehension skills of a minor. so, whatever makes you happy. Your problem...

I'm a martial artist, and mma fan, on an mma forum. You and your insecurities are the ones in the wrong place
Ok let me rephrase, sorry my last post wasn't clear.

If you are trying to discredit Askren by denying that ONE Championship is actually MMA, then you are an idiot or biased or a shill or all of the above.

And btw what makes you so sure of the "truth" you wrote about. Were you there? Or you just formed your own opinion based on 2nd hand info?

So Askren is lying according to you, despite the fact that he has knowledge of the situation and you are just guessing?

Other than what happened in the meeting, all of the other stuff was out in the open.

Bellator fought tooth and nail to keep Alvarez when he wanted to leave. When Askren wanted to leave they were like "Yeah cya buddy". There's a reason they dropped him without a fight.

Askren was insulting dana and the UFC at every opportunity he got, and then afterwards, was still asking them for a job. As they say, the truth is often somewhere in the middle. But Askren doesn't come off as credible at all.

(Bashing Dana in 2012)

Peace
All these quotes only make me side with Askren more, to be honest.
Seems like he was the one trying to get a deal done, based on the fact that he called them to have a meeting.

On the other hand it seems like Dana just has a grudge against Ben for being boring and speaking his mind, as shown in his Ambien comment....and the rest of the talk abiut Ben's personality is just excuses

Other than what happened in the meeting

You mean almost everything he talked about? Like the UFC offering him a deal? Like them asking him to get rid of the matching clause? Like him asking Bjorn to release him? Like the UFC reneged on the deal? If his statements about the private conversations are true that means the UFC screwed him over. So either you're calling him a liar about those private conversations you have no information about, or you should keep silent.

You mean almost everything he talked about? Like the UFC offering him a deal? Like them asking him to get rid of the matching clause? Like him asking Bjorn to release him? Like the UFC reneged on the deal? If his statements about the private conversations are true that means the UFC screwed him over. So either you're calling him a liar about those private conversations you have no information about, or you should keep silent.

You seem to have a poor understanding of the world so I'll explain.

Sometimes people say things that aren't true.

I know, shocking, right.

If you believe Bellator let him go because he asked them to, after they fought as hard as they possibly could for Alvarez, then I don't know what to tell you.

They let him go because, for whatever reason, they didn't want to keep him.

This is a guy that will publicly insult you and your business at every opportunity, then ask you for a job.

This is the first JRE I’ve watched from start to finish in a while. I really like Askren. Smart and genuine dude. I wish him the best in his retirement and am disappointed that the world was deprived the opportunity to see him compete in the UFC. As it is, he doesn’t want to fight anyway, and he’s pretty damn smart. I’m glad for him that he made it out safe and undefeated.

I rather like Askren, and wouldn't mind seeing him fight in the UFC and believe his story when it comes to Dana.. think he'd be a top talent for sure.

That whole eye poke ordeal with him getting out of the fight after getting his ass kicked and not giving the guy a rematch just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Seemed like kind of a cowardly thing to do all things considered and how much the guy talks, not condoning eye pokes obviously but come on. Most adversity he ever faced in a fight, found a way out and never gave the guy a rematch that was actually an interesting matchup at the time.

You seem to have a poor understanding of the world so I'll explain.

Sometimes people say things that aren't true.

I know, shocking, right.

If you believe Bellator let him go because he asked them to, after they fought as hard as they possibly could for Alvarez, then I don't know what to tell you.

They let him go because, for whatever reason, they didn't want to keep him.

Yes, sometimes people say things that aren't true. Like you. You have zero understanding of the situation and no proof to back up any of your statements. You're just making assumptions out of nowhere.

Bjorn's statements back up Askren's version of the story: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/9/4711298/bellator-bjorn-rebney-ben-askren-ufc-matching-period

So yeah, you're basically full of shit.

I rather like Askren, and wouldn't mind seeing him fight in the UFC and believe his story when it comes to Dana.. think he'd be a top talent for sure.

That whole eye poke ordeal with him getting out of the fight after getting his ass kicked and not giving the guy a rematch just left a sour taste in my mouth.

Seemed like kind of a cowardly thing to do all things considered and how much the guy talks, not condoning eye pokes obviously but come on. Most adversity he ever faced in a fight, found a way out and never gave the guy a rematch that was actually an interesting matchup at the time.

Actually he gave him a rematch but the guy missed weight and refused to weigh in at 190.

www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/13/9727734/ben-askren-fight-off-one-boss-disgusted-by-luis-santos-actions

Back