Rock v Roman to Main Event WM 40??

It makes perfect sense. They alluded to it like two or three weeks ago, where the fans cheered their asses off when Rock questioned if he should sit at "the head of the table". Funny how nobody thought it was Cody's destiny then, despite it supposedly being some master plan set up from a year ago...

None of that means he was being set up for Roman.

You're seriously questioning The Rock's popularity? You think Cody is more popular? Really?

Why aren't you complaining about Baley being pushed aside for Nia Jax? Isn't she also destined to fight for big title because she won the RR? Why doesn't she get to "finish the story"?

They never built anything up. You're just connecting random dots on a chart, and linking it to an ultimate showdown with Reigns. Cody having a good year, doesn't equate to a long program with Roman Reigns. His most recent feud was with friggin' Nakamura. Was him winning that feud, also linked to a future program with Reigns?
They alluded to it when there was talk of the rock being in the rumble. Which would have made sense. We all thought Cody would still dethrone roman eventually but the idea of Cody winning the rumble was in question because of that line from the rock. And there was the possibility of rock/roman night one and roman/Cody night 2 with Cody wrestling on night one as well against someone like Solo...the man who screwed him last year

Also he didn't hint at going after roman over the last year...he straight up said it. Long term storytelling? His first promo back in 2022 he said he's dethroning him. Did you forget when raw made their world title Cody said his goal was still the wwe title/roman? Or how about when Cody and roman had there stare down on smackdown last year as Cody was leaving?

Or how about Cody POINTING AT ROMAN AFTER WINNING THE RUMBLE.

They kept him on raw to keep the story alive.

To act like they haven't been building toward this is asinine.

And let's face facts...the rock while still more internationally famous the Cody, is not the star he was even five years ago. In the last five years he's had a good amount of flops and bad press...he's not the same star he once was.

You don't think Cody could be a high draw? Oh wait he broke mania records last year...records held by...the rock.

The feud with Nak was a holdover feud until rumble

And bayley pushed aside? Do you even watch the shows? Since last year it's been hinted at damage control wanting her out. Or in your minds "that didn't mean anything or no way relates to iyo vs bayley being the plan"

lmfao whats with you marks thinking wwe should have some fairy tale ending that doesn't make any sense, they're not going to do the same event back to back, cody lost his momentum when he got owned by roman at last years mania

if anything Uso should have won the belt late last year but wwe dropped the ball on that

honestly I don't even know what the bloodline was at this point, it didn't create any new stars Jey Uso was supposed to be roman reigns lacky yet everytime they fought Jey Uso had him on the ropes and roman had to cheat or use jimmy to win, and even had Jey Uso pin him clean last year LMFAO, I can't this seriously anymore, they booked Jey Uso stronger than they booked roman just to have him not win the belt

it feels like this whole thing has just been a waste of time and they're bringing back rock to clean up the mess

Also he didn't hint at going after roman over the last year...he straight up said it. Long term storytelling? His first promo back in 2022 he said he's dethroning him.
And he didn't. Oh' no, the story wasn't finished. Did you break your TV that night, because some fake prophecy wasn't fulfilled?

Did you forget when raw made their world title Cody said his goal was still the wwe title/roman? Or how about when Cody and roman had there stare down on smackdown last year as Cody was leaving?
And it can still happen. Look, things change overnight in the WWE. Nobody is entitled to shit. Hell, I wouldn't even rule it out at this point. Anything can still happen. Y'all are acting like typical entitled marks, who cried their eyes out everyday that Daniel Bryan wasn't champion, only to get your wish, and have him have one the most forgettable title runs ever.

You deserve to have Cody "finish the story" and win the title, only to have Priest take it from him five minutes later.
And let's face facts...the rock while still more internationally famous the Cody, is not the star he was even five years ago. In the last five years he's had a good amount of flops and bad press...he's not the same star he once was.
No, he's still very much a megastar. He's bigger than the movies he stars in, and is a bigger draw than Stardust.

lmfao whats with you marks thinking wwe should have some fairy tale ending that doesn't make any sense, they're not going to do the same event back to back, cody lost his momentum when he got owned by roman at last years mania

if anything Uso should have won the belt late last year but wwe dropped the ball on that

honestly I don't even know what the bloodline was at this point, it didn't create any new stars Jey Uso was supposed to be roman reigns lacky yet everytime they fought Jey Uso had him on the ropes and roman had to cheat or use jimmy to win, and even had Jey Uso pin him clean last year LMFAO, I can't this seriously anymore, they booked Jey Uso stronger than they booked roman just to have him not win the belt

it feels like this whole thing has just been a waste of time and they're bringing back rock to clean up the mess
Jey Uso winning the title is about as ridiculous as Kofi winning the title.

Mid-carders have no business being anything more than a mid-card champ

Cody winning makes far more sense than Jey

Roman is boring, as is his title reign at this point. His reign should have ended when Jey turned.

The Rock should be taken out the Smackdown before Mania by Reigns and Solo, leaving Cody to swerve be back in right before Mania.

The Rock vs Reigns is a complete throwaway match.

Time for Cody to go over and Reigns to stop being champion

Jey Uso winning the title is about as ridiculous as Kofi winning the title.

Mid-carders have no business being anything more than a mid-card champ

Cody winning makes far more sense than Jey
Mid carders have no business winning a title is what you're saying? News flash most wrestlers are mid carders before they win their first world title.

Jey usos not a mid carder and Kofi Kingston should have been champion back in 2010 so I honestly had no problem getting the push that he got in 2019 to me it was no differen than Jeff hardy or Christian finally winning the title.

Jey uso worked Roman's ass so many time I thought he was champion mainevented wrestlemania main evented summer slam pinned Roman's ass and they booked him so strong so many times against roman jey uso is Roman's greatest rival and it's not close not to mention jey usos over as fuck

Cody makes as much since winning as some random ass hat why cause he's over so is jey he could win the belt off rollins and it would make a lot more sense because Jesus been built up to beat roman for the longest time AND HE GETS A LOUDER POP THAN CODY. Fuck that fairy tail bs I say have rock beat roman and end this bloodline shit for good.

Last edited:
Roman is boring, as is his title reign at this point. His reign should have ended when Jey turned.

The Rock should be taken out the Smackdown before Mania by Reigns and Solo, leaving Cody to swerve be back in right before Mania.

The Rock vs Reigns is a complete throwaway match.

Time for Cody to go over and Reigns to stop being champion
Lmfao Cody doesn't have to go over reigns for all I care he can win the title off of rolkins if they want him to be world champ. I'm not against him beating reigns but people pretending like he has to beat reigns is ridiculous and honestly I want the rock to end it since roman has torn their family apart and it's up to rock who many would argue is the tribal chief to take down reigns, that would be the only way to redeem this bull shit story after they dropped the ball with jey after he became the most over wrestler in wwe.

Mid carders have no business winning a title is what you're saying? News flash most wrestlers a free mid carders before they win their first world title.

Jey usos not a mid carder and Kofi Kingston should have been champion back in 010 so I honestly had no problem getting the push that he got in 2019 to me it was no differen than Jeff hardy or Christian finally winning the title.

Jey uso worked Roman's ass so many time I thought he was champion mainevented wrestlemania main evented summer slam pinned Roman's ass and they booked him so strong so many times against roman jey uso is Roman's greatest rival and it's not close not to mention jey usos over as fuck

Cody makes as much since winning as some random ass hat why cause he's over so is jey he could win the belt off rollins and it would make a lot more sense because Jesus been built up to beat roman for the longest time AND HE GETS A LOUDER POP THAN CODY. Fuck that fairy tail bs I say have rock beat roman and end this bloodline shit for good.
The usos are mid-career for life just like Kofi and Woods are. Kofi getting a pity push was all it was. If they wanted to push someone legit who was a comedy act, Truth is the far better choice.

This whole storyline is getting silly now with random rock deciding he gets the titleshot out of the blue. It doesn't even make sense. They should have done this match last year if anything and had Cody go against someone else.

Lmfao Cody doesn't have to go over reigns for all I care he can win the title off of rolkins if they want him to be world champ. I'm not against him beating reigns but people pretending like he has to beat reigns is ridiculous and honestly I want the rock to end it since roman has torn their family apart and it's up to rock who many would argue is the tribal chief to take down reigns, that would be the only way to redeem this bull shit story after they dropped the ball with jey after he became the most over wrestler in wwe.
The Rock or Reigns being champ after Mania is top tier stupid

If TKO's intention was to distract the wrestling world from the Vinny Mac debacle they have succeeded bigly.

I haven't seen this kind of fan engagement/backlash since Daniel Bryan and Dave "Bluetista". They course corrected there and can do the same here if Rock/Reigns was the plan going into Smackdown.

The Rock only had a staredown with Reigns, nothing has been confirmed. Hell, we could get a big swerve where Dwayne brings back Hollywood/Corpo Rock, who knows. He really should embrace being a board member and Hollyood A-lister and go full heel. His best work was his heel run when he faced Goldberg in the early 2000's.

With Vinnie's lawsuits, Brock and Punk out of Mania, Rock being injected into things has certainly created a frenzy. That can be a huge positive or negative. I'm going to wait and see how it all pans out before judging anything.

They alluded to it when there was talk of the rock being in the rumble. Which would have made sense. We all thought Cody would still dethrone roman eventually but the idea of Cody winning the rumble was in question because of that line from the rock. And there was the possibility of rock/roman night one and roman/Cody night 2 with Cody wrestling on night one as well against someone like Solo...the man who screwed him last year

Also he didn't hint at going after roman over the last year...he straight up said it. Long term storytelling? His first promo back in 2022 he said he's dethroning him. Did you forget when raw made their world title Cody said his goal was still the wwe title/roman? Or how about when Cody and roman had there stare down on smackdown last year as Cody was leaving?

Or how about Cody POINTING AT ROMAN AFTER WINNING THE RUMBLE.

They kept him on raw to keep the story alive.

To act like they haven't been building toward this is asinine.

You don't think Cody could be a high draw? Oh wait he broke mania records last year...records held by...the rock.

The feud with Nak was a holdover feud until rumble

And bayley pushed aside? Do you even watch the shows? Since last year it's been hinted at damage control wanting her out. Or in your minds "that didn't mean anything or no way relates to iyo vs bayley being the plan"

This.

Anyone trying to claim that the WWE were not building towards a Cody v Roman rematch at WM40 is being obtuse … I really don’t know what else to say …

This.

Anyone trying to claim that the WWE were not building towards a Cody v Roman rematch at WM40 is being obtuse … I really don’t know what else to say …
Yeah, and the theme around the new game, with Cody on the cover, is to finish your own story.

I think this is all one big swerve to get people more behind Cody. They are channeling the Daniel Bryan thing.

I also think Rock is going to use his star power to help turn Reigns into a face.

This is a tweet from Brian Gewirtz, former WWE writer and Rock's personal contributor, screams work. Rock also said he wanted to do something unprecedented. I doubt just having a match with Roman is what he's talking about.

Yeah, and the theme around the new game, with Cody on the cover, is to finish your own story.

I think this is all one big swerve to get people more behind Cody. They are channeling the Daniel Bryan thing.

I also think Rock is going to use his star power to help turn Reigns into a face.

This is a tweet from Brian Gewirtz, former WWE writer and Rock's personal contributor, screams work. Rock also said he wanted to do something unprecedented. I doubt just having a match with Roman is what he's talking about.

I don’t know. I think you are giving the intelligence of those in charge of the WWE a little too much credit.

I hope you are right and Cody finishes the story.

If Rock v Roman happens, I hope the fans boo them both out of the stadium.

I don’t know. I think you are giving the intelligence of those in charge of the WWE a little too much credit.

I hope you are right and Cody finishes the story.

If Rock v Roman happens, I hope the fans boo them both out of the stadium.
I normally wouldn't assume strong creativity lol, Ijust think the Vince thing is spearheading this.

Rock is pissing everybody off these days(superhero movie fans,fast and the furious fans and now wrestling fans)

Best thing wwe has going. I completely stopped watching after they signed cm puke and tried to push stardust to main event wrestlemania.

Love Rock and Roman

Best thing wwe has going. I completely stopped watching after they signed cm puke and tried to push stardust to main event wrestlemania.

Love Rock and Roman

I like Roman, but his title reign and bloodline story has been stale for a long time. He is also an inactive, part-time champion.

In the 90s, the WWE and WCW belts were defended regularly, even on weekly episodes, wrestling was must-watch TV back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back