Robert Whittaker wins GQ Sportsman of the Year

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
“Alright, the next award winner…is one of the best pound-4-pound fighters in the world. But, there was talk earlier about what it means to be a gentleman. And he is the absolute definition of the absolute definition of the word. In a time of trash talk, and trying to be controversial, he is the exact opopposite. Treats all of his opponents with respect, he is a family man, he works with inner-city kids to get them off the streets, and the list goes on and on. I also love the fact that he lets his work inside the Octagon speak for itself. He is the first Australian UFC world champion and I figured I’d throw this in too, he’ll be defending his title in Melbourne on February 10 live on pay-per-view. Ladies and gentlemen the GQ Sportsman of the Year, your own UFC middleweight world champion, Robert Whittaker!”

Last edited:
Great ambassador for the sport. Always exciting in the cage, well spoken and a good role model.

War Bobby knuckles

This dude is pure class. All props to him.

One can not simply hate on Robert Whittaker

"i love the fact that he lets his work in the octagon speak for itself"

1. Dana White's mouth is moving. That means:

(a) He wants to be an ultimate fighter
(b) He's fucking illegal
(c) His heart is beating and he is telling lies

I love Robert Whittaker, but in what world is he the "Sportsman of the Year"!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

I love Robert Whittaker, but in what world is he the "Sportsman of the Year"!?!?!!?!?!?!?!
Undefeated at MW UFC Champion in the hardest division in combat sports history, in the Hardest sport on the planet. Helps kids on the street and does a lot for the Aboriginal communities. So in the real world buddeh.

Undefeated at MW UFC Champion in the hardest division in combat sports history, in the Hardest sport on the planet. Helps kids on the street and does a lot for the Aboriginal communities. So in the real world buddeh.
If you think he beat Yoel Romero last time they fought, you're on drugs.

If MMA is neck and neck with soccer, might as well give Bobby this GQ thing. I still think Cyborg deserved it more.

Whittaker is potential star, seriously, if he could fight more often.
Remeber his first fight vs Romero did 130k. Hardcores were hyped for 2nd fight and it did almost 300k, that's why Rogan was trying to sell trilogy.
If you think he beat Yoel Romero last time they fought, you're on drugs.
if you think he didn't, you're on drugs, for me it was draw, no way Romero won fight, he did nothing in first two rounds.

Remeber his first fight vs Romero did 130k. Hardcores were hyped for 2nd fight and it did almost 300k, that's why Rogan was trying to sell trilogy.

if you think he didn't, you're on drugs, for me it was draw, no way Romero won fight, he did nothing in first two rounds.
Guess Stephen Thompson got a real draw against Woodley the first time around too right?

This. They go on about the 5th round being a 10-8 which if it was given would make it a fucking draw. Basic mathematics is what they need.

Back