Robert Whittaker wins GQ Sportsman of the Year

I gave one illustrative example you idiot. The real argument was below it. You conveniently didn’t address that one.
LOL you're getting emotional. You're still upset Holland didn't even make the World Cup. I have addressed and rekt your tall ass on every level. In the end the best is the one that can kick your ass and until Anthony Joshua develops some crazy TDD, DC, Stipe and Jones are too Alpha. Now run along your flat ground with your flat brain.

Not in net worth, fame or legacy.

He’d beat Messi in a fight but that’s about it.

It's not hardest. it's most popular, that's why even trash soccer player will earn more than avarge mma fighter.
Building career, star in combat sports is way harder.
For example top striker can have one bad season, but few good weeks and he is back, not mention they play 2 per week, very often, so they have more media interest etc. same about basketball, nfl.
Boxer, mma fighter will lose one fight and often it's all over or few years of climbing back.
In 90's boxing was more popular than nfl, less media, people were using it less, boxing was traditional sport so tv was showing it very often.
These days you got internet, thousand of tv stations, you're bombed with info whole day if you pay attention to it; that's why sports like soccer, basketball, nfl can be very popular these day. many games per year, a lot of spotlight. 30 years ago it wasn't like that, and star like Tyson was as popular as Jordan worldwide if not more.
UFC also doing their job to promote brand and do many events, because this how it works these days.
it will work for UFC, but until fighter can't fight at least 3-4 times per year and win high profile fights, he will be unnoticed by mainstream media, because media have to create content, and by fighting once per year you don't create content.

It's not hardest. it's most popular, that's why even trash soccer player will earn more than avarge mma fighter.
For example top striker can have one bad season, but few good weeks and he is back, not mention they play 2 per week, very often, so they have more media interest etc. same about basketball, nfl.
Boxer, mma fighter will lose one fight and often it's all over or few years of climbing back.
In 90's boxing was more popular than nfl, less media, people were using it less, boxing was traditional sport so tv was showing it very often.
These days you got internet, thousand of tv stations, you're bombed with info whole day if you pay attention to it; that's why sports like soccer, basketball, nfl can be very popular these day. many games per year, a lot of spotlight. 30 years ago it wasn't like that, and star like Tyson was as popular as Jordan worldwide if not more.
UFC also doing their job to promote brand and do many events, because this how it works these days.
it will work for UFC, but until fighter can't fight at least 3-4 times per year and win high profile fights, he will be unnoticed by mainstream media, because media have to create content, and by fighting once per year you don't create content.
That’s a long way of saying “I don’t understand statistics”.

Great post mate. I don't think you will get through to him but 100%. How many games has Messi lost with Argentina? Many. Does that effect his brand? No and it shouldn't because its a TEAM sport. Some fighters lose ONCE and its over.

That’s a long way of saying “I don’t understand statistics”.
Statistics, you can't see difference between harder competition and harder sport.
What will be more devastating for body: years of playing soccer or years of grinding, fighting. Where is more risk for health etc.
Ultramaraton is harder than maraton, and it's harder sport, but marathon has greater and harder competition, what exactly is hard here to understand?

With a name like FlyingDeathKick I reckon he played Rob online in some FPS game and got destroyed by the Champ.

Statistics, you can't see difference between harder competition and harder sport.
What will be more devastating for body: years of playing soccer or years of grinding, fighting. Where is more risk for health etc.
Ultramaraton is harder than maraton, and it's harder sport, but marathon has greater and harder competition, what exactly is hard here to understand?
I said it’s harder to make it to the top in football vs. MMA. Not that football is harder on the body.

How many little boys grow up trying to be Messi? How many boys grow up trying to be Withaker?

It’s not even close.

Great post mate. I don't think you will get through to him but 100%. How many games has Messi lost with Argentina? Many. Does that effect his brand? No and it shouldn't because its a TEAM sport. Some fighters lose ONCE and its over.

Both Ronaldo and Messi have very underwhelming career in their national football teams. Ronaldo won European Championship once and that's it. Messi did nothing his whole career.
Compare it to soccer stars from 60's, 70's, 80's even 90's. They were very succesfull in their national teams and mostly known because of world cup: Pele, Beckenbauer, Maradona, Cruyff, Ronaldo de Lima (true Ronaldo). But these days, there so much content and you have unlimited acces to it: premiere league, la liga, bundesliga, serie a, champions league. World cup can't create stars these days (but still is very important if not most important), because it's overshadowed by other events (mainly numbers of events).
Back in the 80's Mario Goetze would be world superstar because he scored in world cup final and his team won, these days: he is almost forgotten, because his adventure with Bayern Munich was failure and he is 2nd tier player.
So you can see not only combat sports are affected by changes, but also soccer and I can guarantee you if not amount of games they can make every year it would be in same situation like boxing.

Both Ronaldo and Messi have very underwhelming career in their national football teams. Ronaldo won European Championship once and that's it. Messi did nothing his whole career.
Compare it to soccer stars from 60's, 70's, 80's even 90's. They were very succesfull in their national teams and mostly known because of world cup: Pele, Beckenbauer, Maradona, Cruyff, Ronaldo de Lima (true Ronaldo). But these days, there so much content and you have unlimited acces to it: premiere league, la liga, bundesliga, serie a, champions league. World cup can't create stars these days (but still is very important if not most important), because it's overshadowed by other events (mainly numbers of events).
Back in the 80's Mario Goetze would be world superstar because he scored in world cup final and his team won, these days: he is almost forgotten, because his adventure with Bayern Munich was failure and he is 2nd tier player.
So you can see not only combat sports are affected by changes, but also soccer and I can guarantee you if not amount of games they can make every year it would be in same situation like boxing.
Ronaldo seems to be able to do more on his own than Messi. In the last World Cup without Ronaldo's brilliance Portugal were done. Messi is better when he has players feeding him like Barca.

I disagree about the Cup not being able to produce stars though. That young French guy is HUGE now. You seem to know your shit so good chat but will reply later. Dont listen to that gronk ;)

Ronaldo seems to be able to do more on his own than Messi. In the last World Cup without Ronaldo's brilliance Portugal were done. Messi is better when he has players feeding him like Barca.

I disagree about the Cup not being able to produce stars though. That young French guy is HUGE now. You seem to know your shit so good chat but will reply later. Dont listen to that gronk ;)
He was star before, French League, and it's not like his talent exploded during World Cup. But see he already is World Cup winner and ask kids who is biggest star Messi or Mbappe? :)

Back