Media Robert Whittaker Says "He'd Beat Dricus Du Plessis 9 Times out of 10" and He's "Just A Better Fighter Than He Is"

Not really buying it considering how the fight went down. He didn't really have any moments of success against DDP. DDP might look goofy and ugly when he fights, but he's effective.

Although I was never a fan, I always held RW in high regard.

But as time goes by he strikes me like a bit delusional guy.

Nothing wrong in having self confidence, but he sounds more arrogant and whinny by the day.

9/10 after the loss. Lol, never heard that before. Lame stuff from Robert Knuckles!

9/10 after the loss. Lol, never heard that before. Lame stuff from Robert Knuckles!
That kind of statement may be true occasionally, like GSP-Serra (more like 99/100) or Wonderboy vs. Pettis. But I don't see it for Whittaker vs. DDP, especially where both are in their career trajectories (DDP at his prime while Robert in the late twilight of his after a number of wars).

That kind of statement may be true occasionally, like GSP-Serra (more like 99/100) or Wonderboy vs. Pettis. But I don't see it for Whittaker vs. DDP, especially where both are in their career trajectories (DDP at his prime while Robert in the late twilight of his after a number of wars).
Agreed for sure.

Reactions: mkt
<[analyzed}>

Outside of the takedown in the final minute, and the one time getting clipped, Whittaker was the superior fighter yet people talk like he had nothing for DDP.

Make the right adjustments and Whittaker could very well dominate a rematch, unless he's too far past his prime at this point.
they were both fighting pretty well. rob is more explosive, and was beating drikkkus to the punch quite a bit. but every so often drikkkus threw strikes that were just as fast, and accurate, with perfect timing. those almost always landed. that’s what led to the finishing sequence. and with the constant pressure and stance switching, you could see it was wearing whittaker down. not to mention, drikkkus did pretty well defensively, kept his guard high, and blocked some otherwise devastating punches.

if rob looked like shit, i’d favor him in a rematch. but they both looked good, and drikkkus is more dangerous. i’d favor him at least 7 times out of 10.

Back