Robert Whittaker: I won't fight Yoel Romero if he miss weight at UFC 225

miss a paycheck over a few lbs? Fighters these days.

Tito fought with a cracked skull.
Ramapage fights injured all day.
Liddlel and Jones fight on coke.
Kimbo and Dada fought with bad hearts.
Tyson fought with a broken back- SPINAL.
Woodley even fought gastelum and gave him back his money.

I fucking hate these new breed fighters.

If the champ misses weight he gets stripped on the scale. Romero is notorious for doing crafty things to help his cardio, one of which is not cutting the last few pounds.

If a guy can't make weight after a full camp he doesn't deserve to fight the champ. I honestly think Whittaker would probably fight him anyway, but ask for a massive payday.

miss a paycheck over a few lbs? Fighters these days.

Tito fought with a cracked skull.
Ramapage fights injured all day.
Liddlel and Jones fight on coke.
Kimbo and Dada fought with bad hearts.
Tyson fought with a broken back- SPINAL.
Woodley even fought gastelum and gave him back his money.

I fucking hate these new breed fighters.
If you hate Robert Whittaker you're an imbecile

“I don’t understand anyone who takes fights when their opponent doesn’t make weight. It’s like, if you rock up at 87 kilos, which is what Romero did – It was like 86 kilos or something like that – then why don’t I rock up at 95 (kgs)? What’s the difference? We’re both not making weight, we’re both not professional enough to do it, you know? And the weight cut is directly influential to the fight itself. I think not making weight is the most unprofessional thing you can do. It’s as bad as just not showing up for the fight itself. So, if you don’t make weight, I’m not fighting you. I’ll give the shot to someone else who can make the weight, who can do their freaking job.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
I agree with a good part of this, but then what about the fans? What about all those people who have paid good money, or dug through their savings, and even traveled to come and see you fight?

You're going to say "well he missed 3 pounds so I'm not fighting him!" ? Yes you're right that it is the other guy's fault- he is not being professional. But YOU are making the decision to cancel the fight, one day before the event.

Dana will make it a point too to let the fans know that it is your fault if you don't accept it despite being at a disadvantage. That's how he's always done it. "Don't accept a late replacement because your fighter was injured? no pay!"

shit like that. sucks, but that's just how the bald one rolls... its how the ufc is.

I agree with a good part of this, but then what about the fans? What about all those people who have paid good money, or dug through their savings, and even traveled to come and see you fight?

You're going to say "well he missed 3 pounds so I'm not fighting him!" ? Yes you're right that it is the other guy's fault- he is not being professional. But YOU are making the decision to cancel the fight, one day before the event.

Dana will make it a point too to let the fans know that it is your fault if you don't accept it despite being at a disadvantage. That's how he's always done it. "Don't accept a late replacement because your fighter was injured? no pay!"

shit like that. sucks, but that's just how the bald one rolls... its how the ufc is.
Its just a tactic to ensure romero makes weight giving whittaker the highest chance possible of winning, which is fair. Im sure whittaker would still take the fight if romero missed. As you said the fans would miss out and he would understand that

what's the difference between 87 and 95kg, is he serious?

if he misses weight by a little bit, I don't see how you wouldn't fight him. on of the GOATs, anderson, fought travis lutter when he came in overweight, and of course whooped his ass

Well Anderson wasn't exactly a professional throughout his career

If you hate Robert Whittaker you're an imbecile

I've only seen Whittaker fight once or twice, I haven't even seen him enough to form that kind of opinion. You're being pure sherdog with that response though and you'll be best served on my block list.

Have a good day.

I've only seen Whittaker fight once or twice, I haven't even seen him enough to form that kind of opinion. You're being pure sherdog with that response though and you'll be best served on my block list.

Have a good day.
Only seen whittaker fight twice? Block me immediately.

Romero takes a fight on short notice, saves the card for us, delivers a spectacular KO, and people call him unprofessional and give him shit about missing weight as if he’s missed weight 10 times lmao so weird.

STOP.

Not making weight jeopardized the card. It was Rockhold that saved the card. Are you honestly that thick ? Or do you believe your own bullshit ?

This is his first time ever missing, and it was a short camp. It's not like he has a history. Give'm a break.

Hope Romero KTFO Bobby...he is old and Bobby can get another title later

Yep, i agree with Bobby on that one.

Does Yoel even have a history of missing weight?

Calm down Bobby Knux.

If Yoel missed weight intentionally vs. Rocksalt because he knew he was getting the TS regardless, I'd say that's pretty fucking sleazy.
He actually loses weight during the fight(ahem)

STOP.

Not making weight jeopardized the card. It was Rockhold that saved the card. Are you honestly that thick ? Or do you believe your own bullshit ?
Are you that much of a fucking idiot that you think losing 2 weeks from your fight preparation doesn't drastically effect your weight cut?

Would you had rather Romero not take the fight if you knew he would've been a few pounds overweight and have Blaydes x Hunt main event a PPV on an already terrible card?

Romero saved the card and gave us an incredible performance, deal with it.

cr27L77.gif

giphy.gif

Why would anyone assume he would miss weight? Romero missed weight 1 time because he took a fight on short notice.

You nerds really amaze me.

Try cutting weight one day

I know it's very hard, I guesse my point is that a guy that missed by lesse than a pound was still cutting and trying until the end. So he'll be strained at the end too.

It's not like guys that know they won't make it so they just think "fuck it" and start to get ready to the fight.

Back