Robert Whittaker: I won't fight Yoel Romero if he miss weight at UFC 225

Most of the high level guys need more then that time to make weight. R u new to mma or what

High level guys shouldn't need more than a month to make weight,jesus you're retarded lol.No,I have been watching since seeing UFC 1 on PPV fatboy.

High level guys shouldn't need more than a month to make weight,jesus you're retarded lol.No,I have been watching since seeing UFC 1 on PPV fatboy.
Lol I'm actually pretty ripped and have also watched since ufc 1. The bigger guys in the divisions need the the extra time. Short camp no history of missing weight. No reason to not give him the benefit of the doubt. Guy takes a lot of shit on here for simple stuff

Good strat by just putting this out there

I don't blame him in the slightest

Lol at all the new fans of prize fighting.

That doesn’t happen. A lot of money goes into these events.
If he refused to fight he would probably get cut.

Yoel missed weight for one fight in short notice.

It’s funny he thinks he’s calling any type of shot.

The reporter probably asked him what he’d do if Yoel missed weight. Bobby is usually quite laid back. That said I think Yoel will make weight

If that’s the case he couldn’t have answered the question any worse.

Likewise, If he misses weigh himself then he should be sure to not fight Yoel

Should be absolutely nothing controversial about this.

The fight goes on and the other guy can’t win the title.
It’s extremely rare a fight doesn’t go on.
Or at least that’s what happened in the countless title fights I’ve watched where one doesn’t make weight, since the 80s

what's the difference between 87 and 95kg, is he serious?

if he misses weight by a little bit, I don't see how you wouldn't fight him. on of the GOATs, anderson, fought travis lutter when he came in overweight, and of course whooped his ass
Yolo Romero >>> Travis (who?) Lutter

Whittaker still gets paid his full purse and doesn't drop the title if he loses. It would be calling the fight off 24 hours out and is one of the more high profile fights on the UFC schedule. DW would be savage, regardless whether an alternate MW was on the card or not.

Doing stuff to avoid Dana throwing you under a bus only delays the inevitable.

Dana gave a shot to a guy who missed weight.
Yoel would be the one missing weight.

Blame lays with them

I see where he's coming from with this but I think he's looking for a way out on the rematch already. He knows Yoel will be ready this time.

You win the prize for not making aaaannnnny sense at all. Robbie said he'll fight him if he makes weight and won't fight him if he doesn't make weight. You say he knows Yoel will be ready this time, which means he will make weight - that's the very definition of ready - which means he'll fight him. So remind me again, how is he looking for a way out?

Romero gets a pass since he accepted on short notice imo.
I agree.

But I also find it hilarious that Sherbros were ripping Emmet apart for missing weight when he took a fight on like 12 days notice. The hypocrisy on here is unbearable sometimes.

“I don’t understand anyone who takes fights when their opponent doesn’t make weight. It’s like, if you rock up at 87 kilos, which is what Romero did – It was like 86 kilos or something like that – then why don’t I rock up at 95 (kgs)? What’s the difference? We’re both not making weight, we’re both not professional enough to do it, you know? And the weight cut is directly influential to the fight itself. I think not making weight is the most unprofessional thing you can do. It’s as bad as just not showing up for the fight itself. So, if you don’t make weight, I’m not fighting you. I’ll give the shot to someone else who can make the weight, who can do their freaking job.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Eh They are both my brothers.
We are all 3 the 6'0ft. 73in reach master race.

Wish he would just fight for the fans anyway.

But....Romero missed weight one time. And it was a late notice fight. It’s not like he does this all the time.

I’m sure the fight will be safe.

There's literally nothing wrong with what he said. I like both of these dudes but I've got Whittaker in the rematch.

in this same interview whittaker said when cutting weight, 500 grams of weight can make the difference between you getting cleared to fight or passing out and ending up in hospital. Taking this perspective, its understandable that it's not fair. And really luke was in a bad situation by taking the fight against an overweight yoel who didnt really bother too hard with the cut

It was a very short notice fight. Pathetic cry baby behavior. Romero saved the event

Back