Robert Whittaker: I won't fight Yoel Romero if he miss weight at UFC 225

Romero takes a fight on short notice, saves the card for us, delivers a spectacular KO, and people call him unprofessional and give him shit about missing weight as if he’s missed weight 10 times lmao so weird.
Well, it's not like Yoel has been caught red handed doing sketchy shit his whole career, from amateur wrestling to know......oh wait, he has :)

I see where he's coming from with this but I think he's looking for a way out on the rematch already. He knows Yoel will be ready this time.
<26>

dude already beat yoel, on one leg.

whittaker is honestly everyones worst matchup.

what's the difference between 87 and 95kg, is he serious?

if he misses weight by a little bit, I don't see how you wouldn't fight him. on of the GOATs, anderson, fought travis lutter when he came in overweight, and of course whooped his ass

Slight difference between Travis Lutter and Yoel Romero

Romero takes a fight on short notice, saves the card for us, delivers a spectacular KO, and people call him unprofessional and give him shit about missing weight as if he’s missed weight 10 times lmao so weird.
Well people are morons.

It's about money for some fighters. You know how the UFC is. If you decline the fight, they try to not give you any money.

You just wasted all the money on a training camp for nothing through no fault of your on.

Similar to Frankie fighting against tcity on short notice for his title shot. He didn't have to but he hadn't fought in over a year and needed money

And so he should. He would lose out on a title defence too if they were the case

He's within his rights, but to be honest. It a guy miss weight by a pound or less, it won't make that much difference.

I see where he's coming from with this but I think he's looking for a way out on the rematch already. He knows Yoel will be ready this time.
He already beat Yoel by unanimous decision with an injured leg..

And he's the one to even offer Yoel the rematch.

But yea, he's trying to avoid the fight..

<YeahOKJen>

There was no "short notice Romero" btw. He was scheduled to fight in two weeks after Rockhold-Whittaker.

They take the fight because they want to get paid. The UFC doesn't always pay.

Surprised Whittaker said this , cool to see him fired up tho

I got him winning by TKO or UD

Whittaker beat him on a bum leg first time. Yoel is getting finished this time

What happens if for whatever reason Whitaker misses weight? Since he the champ how does that work?

What happens if for whatever reason Whitaker misses weight? Since he the champ how does that work?

Uhh I think Romero can win the belt and if Whittaker wins it doesn’t count as a title defense

Back