Robert O'Neill, the SEAL who killed Bin Laden, calls Trump's military parade "third world BS"

I don't see how it matters. You sort of confirm to me that your issue isn't the parade idea but who's idea it is.
No, my main issue is having a parade at all.
Secondary issue is that it is coming from Trump; a parade is just to satisfy his ego.
If Obama had suggested it, I would still be against it.

Military parades are so 3rd world and 'try harder'.

Secondary issue is that it is coming from Trump; a parade is just to satisfy his ego.

What about our post war parades ? I loved those.

What about our post war parades ? I loved those.
Those are special circumstances. Not a yearly or regular event.
The kind of parade Trump is wanting is comparable to the ones Russia, China, India, Egypt, N.Korea, France, Turkey, Saudi and many other non-Western Euro (excepting France) countries hold.

Those are special circumstances. Not a yearly or regular event.
The kind of parade Trump is wanting is comparable to the ones Russia, China, India, Egypt, N.Korea, France, Turkey, Saudi and many other non-Western Euro (excepting France) countries hold.

I can see both sides of the argument really.

That was a short clip without context, but that was about parade to celebrate war heroes, correct?
Which is why the female voice over stated that it was "certainly not unprecedented." That was not what Trump was talking about...

US President Donald Trump wants a military parade, according to the Pentagon.
A military official told the Washington Post he requested a display "like the one in France," after he was French President Emmanuel Macron's guest on Bastille Day last year, and much impressed by the annual show of military might.
He was also much impressed by a troop display put on in his honor during a November visit to China, where massive military parades have become more common under President Xi Jinping.
he move has attracted criticism from some in the US, with retired Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton saying it underscores Trump's "authoritarian tendencies" and any parade would be about honoring Trump, not the military.

While almost all countries host military parades involving troops and veterans, those on the scale of France or China are rare. Rarer still are parades involving high-tech weaponry, tanks and other heavy equipment, which Trump has reportedly requested.

Last edited:
Is the popular story of Bin Laden's death first world bullshit?

Roosevelt wasn't exactly a pacifist though. He took part in probably ever war ever fought in his lifetime (personally), was a big proponent of military parades/soldier glorification/heroism, denounced any attempts to make war appear tragic or bothersome, and was heavily campaigning for increased military funds all up until his death (rightfully so, as it would've made America better prepared for WW1).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preparedness_Movement

"The notion that armaments led to war was turned on its head: refusal to arm in 1916 led Berlin to make war on the U.S. in 1917. The very weakness of American military power encouraged Berlin to start its unrestricted submarine attacks in 1917. It knew this meant war with America, but it could discount the immediate risk because the US Army was negligible and the new warships would not be at sea until 1919 by which time the war would be over, with Germany victorious.[16][17]"

When he talked about "speaking softly, but carrying a big stick", he was talking about making boasts that you cannot back up (which you could certainly criticize Trump for). Not that he was of the opinion that you shouldn't appear as strong as possible.

Trump, as a business man, knows the value of looking strong. But he does not necessarily understand that you shouldn't be trying to over-play your hand, and get caught bluffing.

There's an urban legend that the reason America wasn't at war with anyone while Teddy was POTUS is that he couldn't bear the thought of other people being allowed to fight while he was stuck at home:D

I blame the hell out of him because he was supposed to be a Quiet Professional. His former teammates do not answer his phone calls, texts, or invite him to unit functions anymore. That is the price of being in the spotlight. Hope it was worth it, Rob.

I get all that, but the guy has a family to support as well. Do you think he'd have made more money by speaking out or keeping quiet and spending another 4 yrs in the military?

Military parades are not "so 3rd world" and its been proven multiple times in this thread.

Military parades are not "so 3rd world" and its been proven multiple times in this thread.
Just because France Germany japan Switzerland and England had ones I put in here doesn’t mean that it is at third word. He meant third world except for those. It’s third world if trjmp does it. Catch on. You must be racist.

How so?
It's a thing that wanna be powers and nations with insecurity issues do. Nations that are confident of their place in this world don't really do it. You don't see most of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, US doing it.

Just because France Germany japan Switzerland and England had ones I put in here doesn’t mean that it is at third word. He meant third world except for those. It’s third world if trjmp does it. Catch on. You must be racist.

None of those nations, except France, does it every year.

You take "3rd world" too literally. It's meant to emphasize that the nations doing it aren't mature democratic, economic, industrial, technological, diplomatic and military powers (France being the exception)

Massive military parades has always been a peculiarity of MENA dictators, developing nations and the Communist block.

They are certainly not common in the US, the last one that even approaches the one Trump envisions was after the first Gulf War, which was following the first military victory we could celebrate in almost 50 years. That was a high point, and didn't stem simply from GHB Bush seeing other military parades and "saying, I want one too."
th

Of course Republicans are turning on a guy they were literally on their knees sucking off just a few years ago. All because he was trashing Obama on Fox News.

But if you say anything against Dear Leader Trump his supporters turn on you even if you're hardcore Republican just like we saw with Bannon.

Trump supporters are primed and ready to get fucked and take orders from their authoritarian Daddy.

How so?
It's a thing that wanna be powers and nations with insecurity issues do. Nations that are confident of their place in this world don't really do it. You don't see most of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, US doing it.

Not sure why my videos aren't showing up but I posted military parades from every region I'm told is too civilized to do so.

I'm disappointed that this bit of wisdom has been lost on so many people. Some lessons are not good for learning over again.

They are certainly not common in the US, the last one that even approaches the one Trump envisions was after the first Gulf War, which was following the first military victory we could celebrate in almost 50 years. That was a high point, and didn't stem simply from GHB Bush seeing other military parades and "saying, I want one too."
th
Thats what you want it to be.

Back