Robert O'Neill, the SEAL who killed Bin Laden, calls Trump's military parade "third world BS"

Anzac day is not a typical parade, it honors the fallen from wars, which originally started off as a WW1 remembrance.

It's not a 'show-off our military hardware to the world on how tough we are' kind of parade.

Not sure on the Norwegian one, but it doesn't look like the kind Russia, China et all do.

Here is the kind of military parade people are alluding to

China

Egypt

Pakistan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DcMK5ye6U

Saudi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDCgbbaAYXU

Last edited:
Anzac day is not a typical parade, it honors the fallen from wars, which originally started off as a WW1 remembrance.

It's not a 'show-off our military hardware to the world on how tough we are' kind of parade.
Looks like a parade of military to me. Savages.

th
Exactly.

Looks like a parade of military to me. Savages.
Remembrance is different from posturing to the world on how 'tough' you are.

Like building the world's tallest skyscraper , military parades to pump up one's national ego and posture to others, is something done by countries who feel insecure about something.

So he's an expert in political science because he shot OBL?

None of those nations, except France, does it every year.

You take "3rd world" too literally. It's meant to emphasize that the nations doing it aren't mature democratic, economic, industrial, technological, diplomatic and military powers (France being the exception)

Massive military parades has always been a peculiarity of MENA dictators, developing nations and the Communist block.
Le sigh

Just say nu-uh trump

Remembrance is different from posturing to the world on how 'tough' you are.

Like building the world's tallest skyscraper , military parades to pump up one's national ego and posture to others, is something done by countries who feel insecure about something.
I've learned all I need to know. People are outraged because the US doesn't do that... well.... except we have. Multiple times. Well..... its 3rd world. Only people like Kim Jong Un does it today.....well.... except for France, Canada, most of Eastern Europe, Australia etc....

We all know what this is.

That was a short clip without context, but that was about parade to celebrate war heroes, correct?
Which is why the female voice over stated that it was "certainly not unprecedented." That was not what Trump was talking about...

US President Donald Trump wants a military parade, according to the Pentagon.
A military official told the Washington Post he requested a display "like the one in France," after he was French President Emmanuel Macron's guest on Bastille Day last year, and much impressed by the annual show of military might.
He was also much impressed by a troop display put on in his honor during a November visit to China, where massive military parades have become more common under President Xi Jinping.
he move has attracted criticism from some in the US, with retired Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton saying it underscores Trump's "authoritarian tendencies" and any parade would be about honoring Trump, not the military.

While almost all countries host military parades involving troops and veterans, those on the scale of France or China are rare. Rarer still are parades involving high-tech weaponry, tanks and other heavy equipment, which Trump has reportedly requested.

The proposed plan is for the military parade to be on either Veterans Day or Memorial Day, not just some random, irrelevant occasion:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...no-name:homepage/story&utm_term=.3a6035b03d6a
Trump officials had discussed Memorial Day on May 28, and July 4, but the Pentagon prefers Veterans Day on Nov. 11 — in part because it would coincide with the 100th anniversary of the victorious end of World War I and therefore be less associated with the president and politics. “That’s what everyone is hoping,” said the military official.

I get all that, but the guy has a family to support as well. Do you think he'd have made more money by speaking out or keeping quiet and spending another 4 yrs in the military?
It’s a question of values. At what point does the money outweigh your honor and integrity? And after 3-4 years, he would have gotten a pension and benefits for life. So it’s not a terrible deal if he chooses the former.

The U.S. is beyond the point of having to do flamboyant things to show they have a strong military. The public has plenty of pride in their military already.

It does have a 3rd world feel to it.

Racist for reading. Also sexist kkk Russia
They’re purposefully ignoring hat and the multiple videos of other countries doing it.

Yeah but it’s not an annual one
Neither is this

I've learned all I need to know. People are outraged because the US doesn't do that... well.... except we have. Multiple times. Well..... its 3rd world. Only people like Kim Jong Un does it today.....well.... except for France, Canada, most of Eastern Europe, Australia etc....

We all know what this is.
Yeah we know why some of you are on the parade bandwagon, because god emperor (Coulter's moniker for Trump) Trump wants it.

We do not have a tradition of military parades. WW2 victory parade is a special situation.

You think Rob O'Neil is liberal? or anti-Trump for the sake of being anti-Trump?

Yeah we know why some of you are on the parade bandwagon, because god emperor (Coulter's moniker for Trump) Trump wants it.

We do not have a tradition of military parades. WW2 victory parade is a special situation.

You think Rob O'Neil is liberal? or anti-Trump for the sake of being anti-Trump?

Two separate presidents have had them at their inauguration.

I don't care what Rob O'neil is.

Poll finds almost no one thinks Trump's military parade is a good idea

But according to an informal poll conducted by the Army Times, most people don’t support it.

Nearly 9 in 10, or specifically 89 percent, of the publication readers who responded said the parade is "a waste of money and troops are too busy." Another 11 percent supported the idea, describing it as a "great opportunity to show off U.S. military might."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-finds-almost-no-one-231945963.html

America's wars of aggression are what is truthfully "third world shit".

A military parade is a defensive action, a message of "look at how strong we are, don't fuck with us", which is surely why it doesn't appeal to this Navy SEAL. He just want to go out there and randomly kill some more third worlders, with a surprise attack, after playing the pacifist card for a couple of more years.

America needs to learn how to "carry a big stick" once again, instead of looking like a bunch of pussies after their wars, pretending that they're pacifist, then going full crazy with a massive invasion again, to save face.

Crazies like Osama Bin Laden would've been kept in check if he hadn't come to think that America had turned weak and flaccid. A couple of military parades and some tough-talk on the part of the President, goes a long way into solving that problem. That's mostly what is enough to keep third world bandit groups like ISIS from forming. If they had known in the first place that they were going to be squashed like a bug, you would've never even heard of them.

Please tell me you're an American citizen living in Finland. I mean, that has to be the case given how batshit crazy some of your opinions on US policy are. Fingers crossed that you can confirm my hunch.

Even all these years later I don't feel comfortable trashing Napoleon this mercilessly. He didn't really do anything to warrant this level of indignity and disrespect.

I know this is just a karate forum sub forum. But it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Back