Robbie Lawler surely cannot lose to dos Anjos.

Can you point me to anything similar in Werdum's career?[/QUOTE said:
Dos Santos. Once an awkward BJJ guy on the feet, ALWAYS on awkward BJJ on the feet, that's my motto.

EDIT Oops! Ya get it though lol

That tends to happen once you try to mess with Conor,you go down again and again.
It's all good TS,i disagree on some things with you,but i respect no calculations and going all in.
<Fedor23>
Wish you were right this time.

Unless Robbie has truly evaporated, I cannot see any way that Rafael wins this fight.

Robbie appeared to be at his peak during his recent UFC run. As much as the Hendricks, MacDonald and Condit fights were wars, he still always came out on top and seriously appeared to be nearly indestructible.

Robbie was flatlined by Tyron, but in all fairness he did the exact right thing to do, and that was to take an extended period of time off. The only worry is that his return against Cerrone wasn't exactly great. You look at the performance of Donald against Masvidal and Till and you have to wonder why this walking zombie in Lawler couldn't finish him off either.

With all that said, I cannot see how the much smaller opponent in Rafael dos Anjos wins this fight.

If they stay standing, dos Anjos is doomed. Rafael will not be able to hurt Robbie, and Robbie will definitely be able to test Rafael's chin, that's not even up for debate. Robbie definitely hits way harder than Stephens and Alvarez and primarily boxes, which tends to be Rafael's biggest weakness. I don't even rate Ferguson's boxing with the elite of the division and even he dominated Rafael on the feet.

Can dos Anjos get this to the floor and win? Well if Hendricks and MacDonald can't, I cannot see a Lightweight doing it.

I think a half decent version of Robbie wins this fight. Robbie's fight to lose, and we will see if he still has it this weekend.
And this is why you never say "I don't see how X fighter can lose"
There's always a way to lose.

How much you lost?
<DCrying>

not too bad. i also had good money on makdessi at +160 and and laprise at -150. small flyer glover. i put money on rda last minute because of this thread. there was major movement on the line, which usually means something is up (injury, bad wieight cut, etc). im guessing ppl found out about robbies leg injury coming into the fight.

i ended up losing like 30-35 bucks in the end. i was close to putting a thousand on robbie. thank god i didnt. it was the first major bet i was going to do in a long time.

i honestly thought it would be a lot closer, and the judges would just give him an ugly decision, like they did in many of his other fights. i do believe he should not have even fought, he was def injured before the fight. ive been screwed by robbie so many times. theres a few guys i should just stay away from. rda has done this to me before, too. lol.

i also had a decent flyer on dolph winning the belt last night at clash of champions. i cant freakin believe it hit. but he was at 11 to 1 odds.. are u freakin kidding me

ALSO, i see a parlay with khabib and jimmie rivera gives me a +110 return. this might be a good one to do

Last edited:
That's part of the game.

Sure things are never fun, the whole part of making a bold prediction is the reward when you're right. If you're wrong then you eat the crow, simple.

But its not the same reward if you dont make a bold prediction in here and get it right? So do that make you care, even just a little bit, what your cyber brothers, i mean these unknown entities, think about you?

But its not the same reward if you dont make a bold prediction in here and get it right? So do that make you care, even just a little bit, what your cyber brothers, i mean these unknown entities, think about you?
Let's just keep it real man.

I could close down the account today and not lose one wink of sleep. You guys and gals mean nothing to me, and I mean nothing to you, and quite frankly anything else would be weird. We are all faceless entities on a forum with AV's that aren't ours and fake names, this stuff is all fake to some extent.

I made the cyber-brothers comment because that's essentially what we are. We all have a similar interest in one thing and that is MMA. We very well may differ in every other way, but we all have that in common. At the same time, it's all cyber, it's not real, we don't know each other.

Of course when we make a prediction, conservative or bold, we want some recognition when you get it right. Unfortunately you never really do, and you get a whole lot of grief when you get one wrong - but that is human nature. When you do a great job at work nobody cheers, you spill coffee on a server rack then you're Satan himself.

The moral of the story, I don't really care if you grill me on a thread for weeks on end. None of this matters lol.

Unless Robbie has truly evaporated, I cannot see any way that Rafael wins this fight.

Robbie appeared to be at his peak during his recent UFC run. As much as the Hendricks, MacDonald and Condit fights were wars, he still always came out on top and seriously appeared to be nearly indestructible.

Robbie was flatlined by Tyron, but in all fairness he did the exact right thing to do, and that was to take an extended period of time off. The only worry is that his return against Cerrone wasn't exactly great. You look at the performance of Donald against Masvidal and Till and you have to wonder why this walking zombie in Lawler couldn't finish him off either.

With all that said, I cannot see how the much smaller opponent in Rafael dos Anjos wins this fight.

If they stay standing, dos Anjos is doomed. Rafael will not be able to hurt Robbie, and Robbie will definitely be able to test Rafael's chin, that's not even up for debate. Robbie definitely hits way harder than Stephens and Alvarez and primarily boxes, which tends to be Rafael's biggest weakness. I don't even rate Ferguson's boxing with the elite of the division and even he dominated Rafael on the feet.

Can dos Anjos get this to the floor and win? Well if Hendricks and MacDonald can't, I cannot see a Lightweight doing it.

I think a half decent version of Robbie wins this fight. Robbie's fight to lose, and we will see if he still has it this weekend.

Fuck you and your shitty username, you jinxed Lawler you fuck

You overated robbies power..he isnt the renound power hitter you claimed him to be.recent robbie hurts guys with volume and pressure, i think hes 3 finishes in his last 10 fights.

I said the same thing about rob pre fight

Let's just keep it real man.

I could close down the account today and not lose one wink of sleep. You guys and gals mean nothing to me, and I mean nothing to you, and quite frankly anything else would be weird. We are all faceless entities on a forum with AV's that aren't ours and fake names, this stuff is all fake to some extent.

I made the cyber-brothers comment because that's essentially what we are. We all have a similar interest in one thing and that is MMA. We very well may differ in every other way, but we all have that in common. At the same time, it's all cyber, it's not real, we don't know each other.

Of course when we make a prediction, conservative or bold, we want some recognition when you get it right. Unfortunately you never really do, and you get a whole lot of grief when you get one wrong - but that is human nature. When you do a great job at work nobody cheers, you spill coffee on a server rack then you're Satan himself.

The moral of the story, I don't really care if you grill me on a thread for weeks on end. None of this matters lol.

My Sherdog identity means everything to me, fuck you for belittling my mushroom.

daily reminder that TS was badly wrong

You overated robbies power..he isnt the renound power hitter you claimed him to be.recent robbie hurts guys with volume and pressure, i think hes 3 finishes in his last 10 fights.

I said the same thing about rob pre fight
If Robbie is able to put Condit, MacDonald, Koscheck and many others flat on their ass, I thought he'd be able to do it to RDA.

RDA has not exactly been known as a guy with a rock solid chin, and he's been seen to be "hittable".

Unfortunately as a fan of Robbie and as a man who picked him, none of that appeared to matter in this fight because he couldn't hit him.

Overrated or overestimating his power didn't matter much, you cannot hurt someone if you don't land.

Yeah didn't Clay Guida break his jaw and beat him <GSPWoah>

Between this idiotic statement and you picking Mike Perry to win and then crying and making excuses when he lost, i think you should post your fight picks here from now on so i know go with the other guy.

Back