Rizin' want to make Fedor vs Brock Lesnar or Wanderlei Silva.

Who would you rather see Fedor fight at Rizin?

• Total voters
Off the forums for some time, so bare with me if its old news.
Have people seen the over priced signed products from the Rizin event? Signed posters by Fedor are asking $2000 for example.
His signed shorts from the event are an asking price of $10,000.
Is this the promoter/company trying to fund their next event and squeeze every penny off using Fedors name?
I hadn't seen this, but that's pretty absurd, but not surprising. I think they're really overselling Fedor's popularity.

You should have made a neither option... Wand is a bum can and Brock has no intestines and would give up after one punch/kick to the gut

You should have made a neither option... Wand is a bum can and Brock has no intestines and would give up after one punch/kick to the gut

Wanderlei is well past his prime but he hasn't been as bad as his UFC record indicated.

He was 3-2 in his last 5 with 2 top 10 wins during that period (Bisping and Stann)

One of his losses was in a fight in which he blew his gas tank after coming as close as you can to finishing the fight.

His only really bad loss in the UFC was to Leben after a long layoff.

He lost close decisions to Liddell and the 2 Franklin fights. (He should have gotten the nod in the 1st Franklin fight actually)

Broc would literally kill current Fedor I feel like it's just continued bull rush until apeman freaky strength pounding

Can't Rizin get any heavyweight with a pulse? All their options are mw and lhws. I want to see Fedor vs a top 20 HW dammit and see what he can still do

Wanderlei - Fedor is the fight that sakikabara is going for. Said he's going to the states next month and will sit down and have a talk with Wand.

Here's the source to the statement Andrey Kamensky made above:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/9...effort-to-deliver-fedor-vs-wanderlei-mma-news

Several weeks ago, the UFC released Wanderlei Silva from his contract with the promotion after he publicly retracted his previous statements about fixed fights in the UFC.

Now free to pursue other opportunities outside of North America, many assumed that Silva would be destined to join upstart Japanese promotion Rizin Fighting Federation. That appears to be the case, as Rizin CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara revealed that he would begin negotiations with Wanderlei later this month.

"This month, I will visit the United States, where I will meet with Wanderlei," Sakakibara told Tass.ru. "This is a fighter, which is not only interesting to Rizin, but for fans of combat sports in general. And our job is to answer the wishes of our viewers."

Sakakibara added that the promotion will aim to set up a potential clash between Fedor Emelianenko and Wanderlei Silva if they sense that it is a fight that fans are interested in.

"If we talk about the fight between Fedor and Wanderlei Silva, there is such a possibility. If the number of those wishing to see the fight between Fedor and Wanderlei Silva will be really great, we will make efforts to ensure that the fight takes place."

I am king of liking the possible options for Fedor; Couture, Brock, Silver, Bigfoot, Overeem if he doesn't resign are all fights I would be hyped for.

Broc would literally kill current Fedor I feel like it's just continued bull rush until apeman freaky strength pounding

Can't Rizin get any heavyweight with a pulse? All their options are mw and lhws. I want to see Fedor vs a top 20 HW dammit and see what he can still do

I don't think he is ready for a top 20. Lashley or Jordan are the logical next steps up.

I'd rather see Brock, but I don't think that's even remotely realistic.

I think Wanderlei is not only possible...but I'd give it a better than 50% chance of happening.

Fedor and friends have seen Wanderlei get KO'd enough times in recent years that they'll feel safe fighting him. And it will still be a fun fight.
it will for sure be a crazy BRAWL

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-5_19-7-28.png
    upload_2016-3-5_19-7-28.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 5
Last week, the UFC released Wanderlei Silva from his contract with the promotion after he publicly retracted his previous statements about fixed fights in the UFC. The contractual release means Silva is free to pursue other opportunities outside of North America, where he remains indefinitely suspended. One of the promotions interested in his service is Japanese upstart Rizin Fighting Federation.

According to the promotion's vice president Jerry Millen, Rizin is very interested in signing Silva, a Pride FC staple and one of the most popular foreign fighters amongst the Japanese audience.

"It's Wanderlei Silva, of course I'd love to see Wanderlei Silva in Japan," Millen told Submission Radio. "He's a warrior. Wanderlei Silva is one of my favourite fighters in the world because Wanderlei Silva brings it. Every fight, win or lose. Wanderlei Silva is a warrior and he brings it. Either you're going to kick his ass or he's going to kick your ass and he's a great - I love Wanderlei Silva. Very good friend and I would love to see Wanderlei in Japan, so we'll see."

Millen was also open to the suggestion of a potential match between Wanderlei and Fedor Emelianenko.

"Sure, I think it be a great fight. I mean we'll see if we can make it materialize, but I think it'd be a huge fight. I think people would love to see that. I'd love to see it even though I'm close to both of them. I'd hate to see friends fight, but hey, it's a sport and friends have to fight because that's just the way the business is."

Asked if he would pursue other fighters for Fedor like Brock Lesnar, Millen once again explained that he would happily entertain the idea if it were a realistic option.

"If Brock wants to fight, we would definitely entertain it. I know Fedor, you know, we've talked about it. I know Brock is wrapped up in the WWE, I just don't know what his...I'm sure he still has a contract, I think he still has a contract in place with the UFC. So I don't know. They would never, never allow that to happen. So if he doesn't have a contract with the UFC, sure it could happen. You know, the WWE, Stephanie's over there running a great show and Vince, and I know they were big Pride fans, and Shane McMahon was actually a huge Pride fan and also like a bigger Fedor fan. And so yeah, it could happen if Brock says he wants to come out. But yeah, I think he's under UFC contract. But we'd definitely take him."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/1/2...p-fedor-vs-brock-lesnar-or-wanderlei-silva-if

Jerry Millen is clueless. Brock has a million dollar WWE contract where he can come out and work, whenever he wants to instead of being on the road 24/7... he hates getting hit in the face and why would he risk that to get injured fighting the greatest when he could barely handle Carwin and spun cartwheels for Cain?

So by Brock being contracted to WWE still mean that he's "ducking" Fedor, given Fedor was apparently "ducking" Brock in the UFC when he was contracted to M-1?

I'd rather see Brock. Why? Because if Fedor and Wandy go at it, a legend COULD get tarnished. However, if Fedor fights Brock, Fedor WILL land a heavy shot, causing Brock to turtle, therefore Fedor wins. Just my opinion.

Voted Brock, but that's gonna be impossible unless they actually fix the fight. Seriously, the WWE isn't about to allow their star they just re-signed to fight against Fedor unless they know he's going to be safe to come back and work for them when they need him. He turned down a lot of money not to fight in MMA with UFC already, he's done with MMA either way.

Voted Brock, but that's gonna be impossible unless they actually fix the fight. Seriously, the WWE isn't about to allow their star they just re-signed to fight against Fedor unless they know he's going to be safe to come back and work for them when they need him. He turned down a lot of money not to fight in MMA with UFC already, he's done with MMA either way.

Exactly, there is no way Vince allows Brock to do MMA and get injured or knocked out while under contract I think Vince learned his lesson doing the brawl for all and then having Mike Barton get knocked the f*ck out by Butterbean in a shoot boxing match.

It will make WWE look bad and give Rizin legitimacy and notoriety.

Idk if brock wants to fight & silva would be a weird match but you never know in Japan, they love crazy fights

Special kind of stupid to believe the Brock fight even has a remote chance of happening.

Since they're already having Wanderlei vs. Sakarabu in a tag team grappling match they should go full on WWE and have Fedor, Wanderei , and Lesnar in a triple threat match. Can't wait til its around Thanksgiving and they have the 1st MMA royal rumble. Picking Giant Silva to win it lol.

Back