RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Natsu no Jin - Thread

Kanna Asakura vs Saori Ishioka will happen at DEEP JEWELS 17, winner will be entered into the women's GP. I was expecting both to be in it so hopefully that's a sign that the bracket will be better than expected.

Rizin isn't a legit organization, stop expecting standards from them. The only reason Shinju is fighting for them is so they can pan to her celebrity mom in the crowd and get her reactions. Same as they do with Saiga and his wife. They're going for ratings pops.

It's entertaining. who cares.

Rizin isn't a legit organization, stop expecting standards from them. The only reason Shinju is fighting for them is so they can pan to her celebrity mom in the crowd and get her reactions. Same as they do with Saiga and his wife. They're going for ratings pops.
ROAD has done the same thing. UFC has done it. Bellator has done it. That's MMA.

Juju was going to get can no matter where she fought, she has only been training for a year or two and is making her pro debut. As for Saiga I think you vastly underestimate how popular he was as a kickboxer.

ROAD has done the same thing. UFC has done it. Bellator has done it. That's MMA.

Juju was going to get can no matter where she fought, she has only been training for a year or two and is making her pro debut. As for Saiga I think you vastly underestimate how popular he was as a kickboxer.
My response was more directed at the poster's seeming disbelief that a fight like this is happening in Rizin, as if they should be above that.

As for Saiga, you may be right.

tenor.gif

Let's not act as if this is the first time something like that has happened or the UFC, Bellator or any other praised organization hasn't done it previously...

And btw, this isn't a shot at Punk by any chance, but I just thought I'd put that out there.

tenor.gif

Let's not act as if this is the first time something like that has happened or the UFC, Bellator or any other praised organization hasn't done it previously...

And btw, this isn't a shot at Punk by any chance, but I just thought I'd put that out there.

Those other organizations did it based on the celebrity of the person actually fighting, not the fighter's parent.

Honestly I can't understand why RIZIN is thinking Shinjyu is marketable.
Naoko Nozawa was surely famous comedian in 1980s but young generation don't know her.

Those other organizations did it based on the celebrity of the person actually fighting, not the fighter's parent.
Kimbo Jr seems like a pretty obvious grab for ratings off of his father's name. Nobody would know or care about him, at least not at this point in his career, if not for Bellator playing up that he's Kimbo's son.

Honestly I can't understand why RIZIN is thinking Shinjyu is marketable.
Naoko Nozawa was surely famous comedian in 1980s but young generation don't know her.
She's attractive and seems like she could actually be a pretty decent fighter

Last edited:
Juju Auclair will be fighting a 0-0 pro, 0-7 amateur record fighter, Sheena Brandenburg.

She's a ref and cutwoman mainly, her last fight was in 2014.
Woah. Now that's something.

Woah. Now that's something.

That was wrong, I got it from Sherdog which omitted most of her fights, her record according to Tapology is 3-17 as an amateur. Not that it changes much. It is kinda funny that she has 1 win more than Shinju though.

That was wrong, I got it from Sherdog which omitted most of her fights, her record according to Tapology is 3-17 as an amateur. Not that it changes much. It is kinda funny that she has 1 win more than Shinju though.
Still brutal. Crazy.

My response was more directed at the poster's seeming disbelief that a fight like this is happening in Rizin, as if they should be above that.

As for Saiga, you may be right.
I was just asking if that fight was on the card. 3-17 amateur record is just a shame to appear on a big show like Rizin! I enjoy watching the company but 3-17 is horrible

Kimbo Jr seems like a pretty obvious grab for ratings off of his father's name. Nobody would know or care about him, at least not at this point in his career, if not for Bellator playing up that he's Kimbo's son.

She's attractive and seems like she could actually be a pretty decent fighter

Also Couture Jr who was used by both UFC and Bellator.

I suppose Erson Yamamoto will not be fighting on this event. He says his next fight is on the October 15th card.

I wonder if that means he will not be participatin in the GP.

Back