RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Natsu no Jin - Thread

Based on what? gift decisions?

He gasses while being on the gas. That's not very impressive.
Based on being one of the most decorated wrestlers in MMA and smashing several solid regional guys possibly? It's HW, everyone gasses while being on the gas.

Based on what? gift decisions?

He gasses while being on the gas. That's not very impressive.
Tell me a few hw prospects better than him then? Possibly the best wrestler in the division, green as a striker but a dominant beast.

Well i don't know, I think Rizin wanted to take it easy for Erson.

Even if he didn't get a bye, rizin will probably find a can for Erson in the opening round.
I think they are banking more on bellator talent for a bye..erson would be like a last effort to fill a spot. Doesnt make sense when the grand prize is as high as it is to use a bye on essentially not a vet of the sport.

Based on being one of the most decorated wrestlers in MMA and smashing several solid regional guys possibly? It's HW, everyone gasses while being on the gas.

Both his fights in the Rizin GP (Herring and Moladov) could have went an extra round (HH for sure). Herring would have almost assuredly have beaten him as out of shape as the Texas Crazy Horse came into the fight - and Herring almost always struggles against wrestlers.

As far as Olympic creds: Aliakbari isn't any better than Ishii - and Ishii dominated Herring their entire fight after he actually had a proper training camp.

And no. There are heavyweights that don't gas hard like AA does.

If we are comparing juicers. I'll take that Ivan Shtyrkov as a better prospect.

I love having Japanese mixed martial arts back. It makes me feel so happy when I get to see somebody soccer kicked in the face. Forget about that pussy ass UFC stuff... Just kidding but I did miss it.

I love having Japanese mixed martial arts back. It makes me feel so happy when I get to see somebody soccer kicked in the face. Forget about that pussy ass UFC stuff... Just kidding but I did miss it.
:)

I like this card a lot

2 awesome woman's fights

Nice match ups for Ali, Tenishin. Ken etc

Not bad for a mid year card but the GP is going to get in the way a bit

Wish they would have done more woman's fights...I look forward to them more than I do to any other match up Gabi Garcia, King Reina and Lei'D Teipa are more interesting to me than this entire stupid GP

They should have just done a 4 man 1 night tournament to crown Arsen as the king like they did for Kid and JZ in HERO's

I can't stand Gabi Garcia. All she does is beat on old ladies half her size. Where's Mirko when you need him to slay another giant?

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/54632-sheena-brandenburg-starr

3-17 record...fought in 2017' is this crappy fight in Rizin? Christ

Her record is something like 23-17 but most of the fights were in unsanctioned Michigan events. During part of her amateur career, she was recovering from cancer and couldn't train like she wanted. She's known for taking a lot of last minute fights but has been taking her training seriously for this fight. She's been at Fuse MMA with Myles Jury and Bobby Nash in Michigan. She might never be a world champion but she's a badass. People think this fight is going to be a squash match but Sheena could surprise some people in this fight and has way more experience than Juju. It's a good debut for both of them even if it's supposed to be a win for Juju.

https://www.wmmascoop.com/single-post/2017/07/06/Puma-Thoughts-with-Sheena-Starr

Last edited:
DEsB4avUwAE_56g.png:large

Came here to check on card. To be honest it feels thinner then what they put together last time. Also disappointed to find it's only less then half a tournament bracket. Going to be a while just to see this things foundation.

Back