RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 Bantamweight Tournament 1st ROUND - Natsu no Jin - Thread

$

Sick poster !

RIZIN Bantamweight Tournament - 1st Round ~ 2 Rounds x 5 Minutes (Extra Round):
Kyoji Horiguchi (19-2) vs. Hideo Tokoro (34-29-2)​

Has RIZIN confirmed that they're still using that horrible 2x5 shit? I cant be the only one bothered by that retarded format; why would an MMA org do everything they can to limit the amount of actual MMA on their shows?

I think that just leaves Erson's fight announcement to complete the card

Him, Gabi, and maybe Auclair (she's keeping in fight shape training with Leslie Smith atm, they're trying to set something up but havent found anyone yet).

someone knows what finds allow elbows?

i love when rizin allows elbows, is shamed usually their fights don't allow elbows bc "muh pride rules" "muh cuts", when pride rules + elbows this the ideal for MMA.

Currently, the following fights have elbows allowed:

King Reina vs LeiD Tapa

and

Aliakbari vs King

Sakakibara blamed Aliakbari's last performance.
Could be his last fight in RIZIN.

Yeah that was total bs, he got alot of flack for it from the fans on twitter and instagram. If he's unhappy with the fights he should find guys for Amir to fight who are good enough to prevent it. I hope Aliakbari doesnt come out in K1 mode and get dropped.

In other news, Murata finally made her Pancrase debut at 288 after a lot of bad luck with injuries and got a UD without suffering any damage. No word on whether they want to get her on the July card, though.

There is a press conference planned for July 5th, but they havent announced it officially since they're trying to set up at least 1 more fight atm.

Nothing confirmed yet but I assume Gabi tweeting it means that's the fight. Gagloeva is apparently a 220 lbs, 5'10" Russian boxing and arm wrestling champion. Probably explains a bit why Gabi is fighting a washed up 45 year old that's half her size for the Shoot Boxing Girl's S-Cup event, there's only about 3 weeks of time in between it and the RIZIN event.

Last edited:
There is a press conference planned for July 5th, but they havent announced it officially since they're trying to set up at least 1 more fight atm.

Looks like they got everything set up in time, the conference has just been made official for July 5th, 12:00 JST.

Im not so sure. Tapa continued training after the Garcia fight, splitting her time between ATT and a local gym (mainly for S&C), is competing in BJJ tournies and training actual boxing under an actual boxing trainer. Her standup already looks way cleaner than what REINA is doing. Also she seems to have more natural athletic potential; she uploaded some of her beginner boxing drills to her social media and it's clear she has good balance, coordination and physical memory. Finally she's a fit 195 lbs vs REINA's fat 165lbs.

So while I favor REINA mainly due to her experience advantage, if her gameplan is to walk in a straight line through her opponent's punches to get the clinch like she did against Gabert, she's getting knocked out.

Wrong on so many levels I dont know were to start.

King Reina is not fat. She is thick as a tree, but no way can you call her fat. King also has the heart of a champion (and the ass of a black girl). Leid tapa may land a couple of shots but King Reina will win.

And yes. I love her.

They showing alive press conference right now it showed up on my sub box

Wrong on so many levels I dont know were to start.

King Reina is not fat. She is thick as a tree, but no way can you call her fat. King also has the heart of a champion (and the ass of a black girl). Leid tapa may land a couple of shots but King Reina will win.

And yes. I love her.

Shinju auclair truly highly stacked card

Juju Auclair will be fighting a 0-0 pro, 0-7 amateur record fighter, Sheena Brandenburg.

She's a ref and cutwoman mainly, her last fight was in 2014.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back