RIZIN.12: August 12th, 2 AM ET/11 PM PT - Live PBP Discussion Thread

That's a lot of kickboxing (roughly 40%). I wish they were at least apart of the GP. Qualifiers or something.
I was expecting 8-9 mma fights with 3 kickboxing. I don’t like that many striking fights. But still I’ll loose the nights sleep and watch the show lol

wtf, magana's fighting for rizin?

just... why? is rizin actually trying to suck shit? i guess it's because she embodies the japanese fighting spirit... of talking shit and then calling the police.

i wasn't hoping for another pride, i would have been stoked just to have dream-level quality. fuck this shit and fuck rizin.

Shoot Boxing is here to save RIZIN with ready to go stars. KAITO is going for 4 fights in 4 months. He won back in June, last week, now this and Shoot Boxing main event next month. Taiki Naito is another Shoot Boxing champ, only loss the last few years was when he tried to win the title in the division above. Okuyama is another solid young guy.

Sho Ogawa is a former REBELS, WBC Japan, and K-1 Koshien champ.

Hannya is probably the lesser of the bunch. Fought in Ganryujima last year and has fought for HEAT, GLADIATOR (former champ), and recently dipped his toes into Lethwei.

These 2 fights definitely gave the event a bit more oomph to the event for me just for the Shoot Boxing champs being included.

Shoot Boxing is here to save RIZIN with ready to go stars. KAITO is going for 4 fights in 4 months. He won back in June, last week, now this and Shoot Boxing main event next month. Taiki Naito is another Shoot Boxing champ, only loss the last few years was when he tried to win the title in the division above. Okuyama is another solid young guy.

Sho Ogawa is a former REBELS, WBC Japan, and K-1 Koshien champ.

Hannya is probably the lesser of the bunch. Fought in Ganryujima last year and has fought for HEAT, GLADIATOR (former champ), and recently dipped his toes into Lethwei.

These 2 fights definitely gave the event a bit more oomph to the event for me just for the Shoot Boxing champs being included.
Teach me Asurah. Good, good. I really don't know these guys, but KAITO taking that fight on 24 hours notice caught my attention, especially cause he delivered. From the story being told it doesn't seem like he's opposed to getting into MMA eventually. He also said (through the commentators) that he doesn't want any special restrictions put on his kickboxing bouts.

To be honest, combat sports on ppv is never worth the money when compared to the tv offerings of other sports (especially not in the middle of the night). It is just the nature of the business and paying for ppv is supporting the sport, just like buying a ticket to a movie. All these kinds of entertainment can be found on the internet for free and in similar quality. MMA is a niche market and JMMA's English fanbase is a faction of the size. Unlike the UFC, Rizin doesn't run commercials during the ppv. I don't think this one will have long intermissions because it is not airing on FujiTV.

FiteTV Credit - Upload a video and like their facebook/follow their twitter for credit

Luckily I live in Europe so it's a nice way to spend sunday morning and day watching Rizin. Watching UFC live is something I do nowadays only a handful of times a year because of timezones.

just... why? is rizin actually trying to suck shit? i guess it's because she embodies the japanese fighting spirit... of talking shit and then calling the police.

i wasn't hoping for another pride, i would have been stoked just to have dream-level quality. fuck this shit and fuck rizin.
lol

I hate that Magaña is in the card and the worst case for us Latinos is that she more than likely will use the Puertorrican flag. Which is an insult to my country for a bitch like her to live in our island. I hope she takes a beating and retires and moves out of my country lol!!!

I hate that Magaña is in the card and the worst case for us Latinos is that she more than likely will use the Puertorrican flag. Which is an insult to my country for a bitch like her to live in our island. I hope she takes a beating and retires and moves out of my country lol!!!
Magaña es una idiota. Usually, I would root for a Latino but she is an exception

Please make Gomi - Bennett 2 just cause..

Not really
They just need cans for their stars...
After Magana gets wrestlefucked, get ready for a massive twitter spam about how unfair she was treated and how rizin should get exposed

Why everyone hate that chick ?
Lots of stuff

Cyborg quarrel
Twitter rants
Sexist judge screwed her (last) ufc match
More twitter rants
Some more stuff i dont remember (probably on Twitter)

Not really
After Magana gets wrestlefucked, get ready for a massive twitter spam about how unfair she was treated and how rizin should get exposed
She's not getting wrestlefucked, she's getting finished

Not really

it's not just magana, this is basically the straw that broke it for me.

If any of you decide to order this ppv on fite tv, please use my code and we can both get credits back!
vwdo6m6

oaysW3p.jpg

Back