PBP Rizin 45: Sun. 12/31, 12 AM ET/9 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

good event to close out the year, good finishes, good fights. overall gave it a solid B+ event. Kai / Gucci's win keeps things interesting. Rizin got a solid base of japanese champions. masenori kanehara vs chihiro should be fun. hopefully pacquiao vs mayweather is full MMA ruleset, or at least in MMA gloves/boxing ruleset. make it interesting. sad to see Miyuu retire, she could have been a solid champ a decade ago, or at least with way more submission awareness. hard to believe that never really improved at all. looking forward to 2024. I think next NYE, going to have to go in person. if any other sherbros want to go, let's make it happen.

good event to close out the year, good finishes, good fights. overall gave it a solid B+ event. Kai / Gucci's win keeps things interesting. Rizin got a solid base of japanese champions. masenori kanehara vs chihiro should be fun. hopefully pacquiao vs mayweather is full MMA ruleset, or at least in MMA gloves/boxing ruleset. make it interesting. sad to see Miyuu retire, she could have been a solid champ a decade ago, or at least with way more submission awareness. hard to believe that never really improved at all. looking forward to 2024. I think next NYE, going to have to go in person. if any other sherbros want to go, let's make it happen.
As far as I know, I'm not allowed in, else I'd make going a yearly thing. Like the sickest joke life could have played on me lol. C'est la vie.

As far as I know, I'm not allowed in, else I'd make going a yearly thing. Like the sickest joke life could have played on me lol. C'est la vie.
i feel like their is a story behind that one. you never know until you try? last time i went to japan i missed a rizin event by a week. i have to go.

i feel like their is a story behind that one. you never know until you try? last time i went to japan i missed a rizin event by a week. i have to go.
I'm a felon, that pretty much bars you from entrance. Even performers like The Beatles had trouble playing Japan bc of their records, and idk that any of them were actually felons, just had simple drug charges or whatever. People here telling me that I should still be able to get in, but that is a long way to travel based on some randos' suggestions on a karate forum, just to be turned away. My trusted sources (simple Google search) tells me that my buds here are full of shit, and I can never stay in Godzilla hotel in Shinjuku.

I'm a felon, that pretty much bars you from entrance. Even performers like The Beatles had trouble playing Japan bc of their records, and idk that any of them were actually felons, just had simple drug charges or whatever. People here telling me that I should still be able to get in, but that is a long way to travel based on some randos' suggestions on a karate forum. My trusted sources (simple Google search) tells me that my buds here are full of shit, and I can never stay in Godzilla hotel in Shinjuku.
was it a legit felon? misdemeanor? that's too bad man. you might be able to get in as long as you mark no, they have no way of knowing, but yea that is quite the trip/risk to take. shinjuku/kabukicho pretty cool area.

was it a legit felon? misdemeanor? that's too bad man. you might be able to get in as long as you mark no, they have no way of knowing, but yea that is quite the trip/risk to take. shinjuku/kabukicho pretty cool area.
A true felony. It's a lot of time and money to risk and bank on them just not following up with my info.

yea that'll make it harder for sure. maybe far down the line rizin will do a US show. mad that i never went to any PRIDE event. need to experience some JMMA live once.
Now, I'm thinking that I could go to shows in the Caspian region, but no Godzilla hotel there, so kinda cheap stand in situation. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Any idea where I can watch this event replay? Thanks in advance

Any idea where I can watch this event replay? Thanks in advance
It's on Fite for $20. Idk where you could snag a torrent or whatever. If you wait like 2 or 3 weeks it will probably be on RIZIN's official YouTube account.

Back