Rinse and Repeat Colby Covington

modulus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Gotta hand it to "Cold Sore" Covington -

For his last 3 wins, he gets aging fighters towards the end of their career, after they've lost their last 2 fights, talks a bunch of shit and then gets a title shot!!! - even had a cute costume too like pro wrestlers.

Of course he's going to call out 40 year old Thompson - although Thompson's only lost 3 of his last 4 to fighters with serious ground games (not 2 in a row).
"Cold Sore" will probably get another title shot and fans will eat it up - the BS never ends with this boring AF fighter.

it is no secret on sherdog by now that colby is a coward.

with that said, it says a lot that colby wants nothing to do with #1 ranked usman and avenge the loses to usman seeing how usman is washed up now.

really don’t think anyone has to worry about him getting another title shot. He’ll never put in the work to earn it obviously, but moreover no one alive, including Dana, has any interest or reason to book him in such a high profile fight ever again. There’s talking and not delivering, and then there’s whatever Colby does, which is much more embarrassing

Slappotomus White seems to love him, that's for sure.

I would not be entirely shocked if he heeled himself into another title shot down the road, likely as a replacement, given all the injuries as of late.

I'll still tune in for a Colby scrap. His pressure and game were for shit last outing. Would like to see where his consistency (besides losing) actually is. He is well hated and though not my game he gets what's due in media and fan recognition.

<WhatItIs>

Colby vs Chael in a shit talking contest for UFC 300. Book it Dana.

Shavkat beats Wonderboy and its worthy of a title shot. If Colby beats Wonderboy then Wonderboy is washed and it doesn't count lol.

I mean there's tons of truth in what you're saying but Gilbert has also lived off beating up the same old guys and literally nobody cares.

Shavkat beats Wonderboy and its worthy of a title shot. If Colby beats Wonderboy then Wonderboy is washed and it doesn't count lol.

I mean there's tons of truth in what you're saying but Gilbert has also lived off beating up the same old guys and literally nobody cares.
Shavkat's claim to a title shot is much more than a single win over Wonderboy though.

Belal should be next line. Why not Shavkat vs Colby then? But then again Colby is ducking Shavkat and calling out an easier fight with Wonderboy. Shavkat's title shot wasnt so much based on Wonderboy but beating 3 straight 10 fights in a row

After that last effort all his trash shtick has lost any meaning, if you talk shit like he does you need to back it up.

Slappotomus White seems to love him, that's for sure.

I would not be entirely shocked if he heeled himself into another title shot down the road, likely as a replacement, given all the injuries as of late.

Dana publicly said after his last fight that Colby looked old and slow ... I dont think he loves him. Colby just fits the Trump love + casuals attention, but this might had been very well his last TS.

This is very disrespectful to cold sores. Don't want to be reminded of Colby every winter, we all got em after all.

Back