Ricco was robbed against Nogueira!

4815_eb.png

Sorry, this thread was due again!

Big Nog fan but that shit was fixed

Two year old thread about a 17 year old fight. Why?? Oh yes, this is Sherdog.

Much easier to attack subs when your opponent can’t blast you with elbows on the ground.

Ricco was robbed, and prides no elbows on the ground rule was bullshit.

Elbows are bullshit same like cage, wire and entire bad UFC unified rules.

I really hurt your feelings on the other thread didn't I, so much so that you think that any other person undermining Nog is me lol.

Back to your basement.
oh for sure you amused me...

Bero:"I know what Im talkin´about!! I know about Nog´s career & skill set!!!!

Gono:"Massive...Who was cornerin´him in Pride?Can you name his coaches in that pic?"

Bero:"uh...uh...lol...lmao...uh..uh...[+ 5 lols]..wut?Why are you askin´me this shit? [+ 7 lines rant duckin´the question]"

lol.png loloool.png

PRIDE judge Matt Hume explains why Nogueira won:

1. Effort to finish by KO or submission:
Nogueira wins by a large margin due to his multiple submission attempts and active attack. Based on this, there is no reason to consider any further criteria as they are in descending order, however, for educational purposes we will continue.
2. Damage:
No damage from striking by either party. Possible damage from deep Kimura in round 3 by Nogueira, however, no award given to either.
3. Standing combinations and ground control:
Neither fighter showed superiority in standing skill. Nogueira dominated ground control as he constantly went for submission and gave away neutral position for inferior position, yet he was able to move back to neutral position with relative ease each time. Nogueira also had a forced reversal. Rodriguez had a reversal while Nogueira was passing guard. Forced reversals are more difficult to achieve and more valuable for ground control. Rodriguez was warned many times throughout the match to improve position but chose to stay in neutral guard without damaging strikes or attempts to pass to dominant position.
4. Takedown and defense:
Nogueira scored one clean takedown and defended 2 times. Ricco scored 3 Takedowns. Ricco wins this criteria.
5. Aggressiveness:
Nogueira wins by a large margin due to his many attempts at submission and his forward progression while striking. The referee warned Ricco many times in this area, but did not award a yellow card penalty.
6. Weight difference:
N/A. Ricco had a sizeable weight advantage but was not more than 15 kilos.

Penalties: No penalties were given although Ricco had many warnings to improve position.

Decision: Nogueira

Here is the whole article on Sherdog:

https://www.google.com/amp/m.sherdo...t-Hume-Defends-Nog-vs-Ricco-Decision-1157/amp
Matt Hume was a PRIDE employee lmao

That’s like saying Randleman was robbed vs Rutten.

Just rewatched this for the first time in a decade

Ricco totally won.

Never watched it but this thread apears at least once a year for the last 15 years.

Back