Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Out Now!)

You are 100 percent correct. For some idiotic reason, RE4 got great reviews and a large group of RE fans absolutely love that game.

And I'd like to smack them all upside the head.

batman-slap-header.jpg

Their idiocy helped propel the franchise away from survival horror and more into an action genre...

I do like RE4 quite a bit, buts it's not a horror game, and for that reason alone it is not my favorite. What I like most about 7 so far is that it feels like RE1. Having a huge mansion to discover and a new story to untangle is what makes RE great.

I'm a big fan of Evil Within as well, though it had a fair amount of action. I really hope they make a sequel to that.

Dying Light is a fantastic open world horror game. The tension is in the story. Side quests can be spooky too.

I have beaten evil within, it was a great ride. I've yet to play dead space. Might give them a go now. I've beaten re7 on madhouse and once under 4 hours. And somehow I've missed one fucking mr everywhere and I am lacking in incentive to get it.

I mean I have infinite ammo, the rotary saw, the wesker pistol the glasses...

I will say this though. On my 3rd play through I was really exploring the house and was creeped out when the granny in the wheel chair popped up in odd places.

I have beaten evil within, it was a great ride. I've yet to play dead space. Might give them a go now. I've beaten re7 on madhouse and once under 4 hours. And somehow I've missed one fucking mr everywhere and I am lacking in incentive to get it.

I mean I have infinite ammo, the rotary saw, the wesker pistol the glasses...

I will say this though. On my 3rd play through I was really exploring the house and was creeped out when the granny in the wheel chair popped up in odd places.
I quit Evil Within at the boss rush at the end, had no ammo and the chainsaw fucker always killed me

Dying Light is a fantastic open world horror game. The tension is in the story. Side quests can be spooky too.
Ill buy this, missed it because I was disappointing in dead island. Hopefully its as good as RE 7. Easily in the running for GOTY and its been only 1 month lol. Cant wait for free dlc in spring. Ill probably buy the pchasable dlc later down the line. I find it a bit too expensive for just a tape or two knowing how short they are in the main game.

Tried madhouse but it felt stupid..
Pumped 30 rounds and swung the axe 10 times or more.... but still got killed by mia with the chainsaw at the start...
too much B.S ...

I have done 4 run throughs and got about 28 medals...
so thats prob enough for me.

Dying Light is what Dead Island should have been.

Tried madhouse but it felt stupid..
Pumped 30 rounds and swung the axe 10 times or more.... but still got killed by mia with the chainsaw at the start...
too much B.S ...

I have done 4 run throughs and got about 28 medals...
so thats prob enough for me.

Apparently hardest boss fight. Imma play again when I find time. One more playthrough, then Im done till the next DLC.

Just got passed the Lucas bullshit at 2:05, having my concerns about finishing in 4 hours

Knife only Madhouse speed run in just 3 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
I'm a couple hours in.

It's a legit spooky experience, and the plot is quite intriguing from the outset.

Looks real nice too.

The combat is kind of dog shit though. Feels clunky and awkward. Frustrating.

I'm a couple hours in.

It's a legit spooky experience, and the plot is quite intriguing from the outset.

Looks real nice too.

That's how I feel about it. The worst is the running. Oh ok, there's a fucker with these huge ass scissors after me. Let me do a happy little jaunt across the room.

I'm a couple hours in.

Looks real nice too.

That's how I feel about it. The worst is the running. Oh ok, there's a fucker with these huge ass scissors after me. Let me do a happy little jaunt across the room.

Looks like you've never played Resident evils before. Its meant to be slow and clunky, it adds to the tension and horror of the game. If you had precision aiming like you do in fps games like cod with the movement, the game wouldnt work.

Its been like this for nearly all of the Resi games, use circle + back to quickly do a 180.

Looks like you've never played Resident evils before. Its meant to be slow and clunky, it adds to the tension and horror of the game. If you had precision aiming like you do in fps games like cod with the movement, the game wouldnt work.

Its been like this for nearly all of the Resi games, use circle + back to quickly do a 180.

Lol. Just no.

I've played every single one, and "it's meant to be slow and clunky and the aiming is supposed to be imprecise" made me laugh.

There are other survival horror games that had good controls and aiming and the tension and horror didn't suffer a bit.

Hey did you know Watch Dogs wasn't a shitty game? All those bugs weren't because it was an Ubisoft game and poorly programmed - it was a hacking game so the glitches made you feel like you were a part of it!" Lol.

Lol. Just no.

I've played every single one, and "it's meant to be slow and clunky and the aiming is supposed to be imprecise" made me laugh.

There are other survival horror games that had good controls and aiming and the tension and horror didn't suffer a bit.

Hey did you know Watch Dogs wasn't a shitty game? All those bugs weren't because it was an Ubisoft game and poorly programmed - it was a hacking game so the glitches made you feel like you were a part of it!" Lol.

Lol, you havent played a single one. Lol, because if you did, you would know how clunky hey were even the more action oriented ones. The games have always had tension added to it because of the clunky controls.

Heck even your quote is all wrong, nice try at being condescending but it just backfired. Your example was shitty aswell. {<jordan}

Dont act like you know programming, you would know how difficult it is to notice bugs. If theres bugs in a software, doesnt always mean its "poorly programmed". Watch dogs wasn't bad by any means if you didnt fall for the hype. It was completely mediocre.

Last edited:
Oh, boy. Another sherdog badass who can't handle criticism of his beloved franchise.

My quote wasn't wrong at all. You just have a shitty memory.

Looks like you've never played Resident evils before. Its meant to be slow and clunky...If you had precision aiming like you do in fps games like cod with the movement, the game wouldnt work.

Worked in Outlast for one, so that argument is retarded.

So because I lamented the fact that the controls are still clunky, I never played a single one. LOL

You sure got activated by my post. But you go on ahead and we'll just have to agree that you're making excuses for the shitty controls. It's ok. You keep on doing that.

talktalktalk.gif

Oh, boy. Another sherdog badass who can't handle criticism of his beloved franchise.

My quote wasn't wrong at all. You just have a shitty memory.

So because I lamented the fact that the controls are still clunky, I never played a single one. LOL

You sure got activated by my post. But you go on ahead and we'll just have to agree that you're making excuses for the shitty controls. It's ok. You keep on doing that.

talktalktalk.gif

Sherdog badass? I just replied with the tone you replied to my comment with.

Your quote was wrong. Here's what you wrote "it's meant to be slow and clunky and the aiming is supposed to be imprecise" now compare to what I wrote "Looks like you've never played Resident evils before. Its meant to be slow and clunky...If you had precision aiming like you do in fps games like cod with the movement, the game wouldnt work." Now your quote is completely wrong compared to what I wrote. FYI, just becuase a game doesnt have precision aiming doesnt mean its "imprecise"

Ive always found the resident evil games to be either a hit or a miss but theyre in no way beloved to me compared to other games

ALSO -------------- You havent played a single one. Otherwise you would know the discussion about the controls has been done to death.

I've played them all but never found any of them to be this unfriendly as far as combat. Certainly not 4 + 5. I recently played RE2 and even that wasn't that bad.

It certainly does add to the tension though. During the Jack boss fight I had my face right up to my monitor screaming at my character "MOVE MUTHUFUCKA!".

I've played them all but never found any of them to be this unfriendly as far as combat. Certainly not 4 + 5. I recently played RE2 and even that wasn't that bad.

It certainly does add to the tension though. During the Jack boss fight I had my face right up to my monitor screaming at my character "MOVE MUTHUFUCKA!".

I dont remeber RE 4 and 5 much but I remember you couldnt move and shoot on 4. Shooting was a whole different ball game as you had to decide if you would risk shooting or running added to the game imo. Remeber 7 isnt a shooting game first and foremost if you had twitch controls like COD etc, the game would be a cakewalk, the molded wouldnt be as scary, the bosses as scary etc.

Back