Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (Out Now!)

Resident Evil 1 is legendary for its clunky controls. WTF. Anyone who says they never died because they missed a shotgun blast on a zombie that was an arms length away from them is full of shit.

Last edited:
The dude is frontin, he aint ever played a Resi. Just because he doesn't like the controls instantly means the game sucks. Boohoo.

Resident Evil games definitely have clunky controls.

Hell... the quick turnaround move wasnt even introduced till RE3 I think. so for the first two RE games on the original PlayStation you either retreated slowly or had to fully turn 180 before running and that turn was slllllooooowwww...

I thought the controls could have been more responsive but it added to the tension. I think it was on purpose here honestly..

The gunplay in VR is great. Next level shit aiming with your face

Finished my first run.

Overall a very dope game. The atmosphere and tension are on point. Certain sequences are legit fucking scary.
Story and characters were interesting and I like the way things progressed.
Video tape sections were pretty cool, I liked how certain things were pertinent to playing as Ethan and think there should have been even more of that.

A few minor cons:
The combining of items to get health/ammo could have been a really cool feature had it been developed a lot more with more combinations and options.
I did feel quite short. I would have liked a bit more content.
I appreciated that the combat was designed to enhance the tension but I think they could have made movement a little more friendly. When you're in a fight and you try to run to create some distance it just feels soooooo slow. like you're playing as a 300 pound fatass.

I'm gonna jump straight back in. If the replay-ability is good this could be a GOTY contender.

Finished my first run.

Overall a very dope game. The atmosphere and tension are on point. Certain sequences are legit fucking scary.
Story and characters were interesting and I like the way things progressed.
Video tape sections were pretty cool, I liked how certain things were pertinent to playing as Ethan and think there should have been even more of that.

A few minor cons:
The combining of items to get health/ammo could have been a really cool feature had it been developed a lot more with more combinations and options.
I did feel quite short. I would have liked a bit more content.
I appreciated that the combat was designed to enhance the tension but I think they could have made movement a little more friendly. When you're in a fight and you try to run to create some distance it just feels soooooo slow. like you're playing as a 300 pound fatass.

I'm gonna jump straight back in. If the replay-ability is good this could be a GOTY contender.

The gameplay forces you to move slow so you dont rush in blast, everything in sight and move out. Also has the added "WTF" movements etc. Play madhouse dude, after speedrunning the game under 4 hours to get the saw.

this game went from 10/10 in the first couple hours in the house down to a 7/10 in momma's house straight down to a 5/10 for the last part imo

overall a good game but it seems like they stopped trying after the first part or had a deadline or whatever

RE1 and 2 were all time greats, and they completely departed from that genre.

Weird.

Now we're finally starting to see survival games make a comeback, but who knows.

I've just wrapped up the old house, I believe, and so far I love the game.

It has it's faults, mostly that it's too easy and a little too straight forward. I wish they would have added more nooks and crannies and increased the difficulty in terms of how to get from A to B, but overall it's a fantastic survival horror experience.

In VR I was tense many times

When you are under the crawl space in Mia's VHS tape, and the lights go out and fucking Marguerite pops up in your face got me to lean back n my seat

Even though I'm not finished, I am sold on this being the next step for suvival horror. First person VR is an unmatched experience. I would love to see quality SH games that honor the original REs or Silent Hills, like Evil Within, but if this is the direction Capcom decides to continue on I'm happy about that.

I've just wrapped up the old house, I believe, and so far I love the game.

It has it's faults, mostly that it's too easy and a little too straight forward. I wish they would have added more nooks and crannies and increased the difficulty in terms of how to get from A to B, but overall it's a fantastic survival horror experience.

In VR I was tense many times

When you are under the crawl space in Mia's VHS tape, and the lights go out and fucking Marguerite pops up in your face got me to lean back n my seat

Even though I'm not finished, I am sold on this being the next step for suvival horror. First person VR is an unmatched experience. I would love to see quality SH games that honor the original REs or Silent Hills, like Evil Within, but if this is the direction Capcom decides to continue on I'm happy about that.

Yes difficulty isnt optimal on normal tbh. However one of the bosses is a damn bullet soak, youll see which one. Play madhouse, Im stuck on the first
mia attic fight ffs

@76Knockout @Fraz

How the fuck did you guys do Mia boss fight, its frustrating as hell I cap her in the head 20+ times and bitch gets me in 1 hit.

@76Knockout @Fraz

How the fuck did you guys do Mia boss fight, its frustrating as hell I cap her in the head 20+ times and bitch gets me in 1 hit.

i probably died about 7-8 times, it is a pretty hard fight caught me off guard, i just did my best to run around her dodging her attacks and creating space for headshots, probably exactly what you're doing.

Whenever it was a sure thing that she was gonna hit me i always tried to guard, on the attempt i beat her i ran out of bullets and ran in with the axe after one of her lunges, gave her a few hits and she went down.

@76Knockout @Fraz

Run back into the room where you first got the gun. Without giving too much away, you get more area to work with and it's easier to put distance between the two of you.

Run back into the room where you first got the gun. Without giving too much away, you get more area to work with and it's easier to put distance between the two of you.
Lol you think I never thought to always put her behind the doors etc, she's a bullet sponge it bullshit. Where's my saw that wipes bitches out? Just joking bruh, Ill try another day or something. Just need madhouse + coins for plat then I can be done till free dlc comes out in the spring.

Yes difficulty isnt optimal on normal tbh. However one of the bosses is a damn bullet soak, youll see which one. Play madhouse, Im stuck on the first
mia attic fight ffs

Was the boss you are talking about:

Marguerite? She took a lot of abuse and at times I didn't even know if I was hurting her or not. I just finished that fight last night and loved it.

Inventory management is really rearing it's ugly head now where I'm at (Just got the lantern). I've got a lot of ammo stockpiled and the magnum so I'm feeling ready to unload on these fools.

Was the boss you are talking about:

Marguerite? She took a lot of abuse and at times I didn't even know if I was hurting her or not. I just finished that fight last night and loved it.

Inventory management is really rearing it's ugly head now where I'm at (Just got the lantern). I've got a lot of ammo stockpiled and the magnum so I'm feeling ready to unload on these fools.

Do you kow the very first boss encounter Mia, before Jack knocks you out with the "Welcome to the Family son". On Madhouse its a bitch.

Man the first time I was fighting Marguerite, I was panicked and shook. It felt like years before she went down and I was still shook.

Do you kow the very first boss encounter Mia, before Jack knocks you out with the "Welcome to the Family son". On Madhouse its a bitch.

Man the first time I was fighting Marguerite, I was panicked and shook. It felt like years before she went down and I was still shook.

Yes I've heard that first Mia fight is brutal on Madhouse. I find it hard to evade in this game.

Marguerite fight was panic city. At one point I'm walking around and I don't hear a damn thing looking for her, then I just hear her say "Don't look up" and, of course, I did and the bitch was behind me up in the rafters and wrecked me.

I don't know what it is about her, but she freaks me the hell out.

Yes I've heard that first Mia fight is brutal on Madhouse. I find it hard to evade in this game.

Marguerite fight was panic city. At one point I'm walking around and I don't hear a damn thing looking for her, then I just hear her say "Don't look up" and, of course, I did and the bitch was behind me up in the rafters and wrecked me.

I don't know what it is about her, but she freaks me the hell out.
On a second playthrough its worse, you know what coming and you expect it but you still shook because of the first time. Second playthrough, I was shook but beat her, 3rd playthrough I had the saw and finished in 2 seconds. Madhouse seems maddening too.

@76Knockout @Fraz

Check out the madhouse knife run video on YouTube if you haven't already. The guy seems to have her rhythm figured out.

This game is great. I'm near the end now shortly after the last video tape.

I'm going to be really bummed if sales don't support how good this game is.

With a few key improvements this could turn into a 10/10 game to me.

Back