Republicans blatantly attempting (and succeeding) to erase the black vote in Georgia

@7437

It’s rural GA, most of the time rural places don’t have money to spare. Traveling 15 miles from the country really isn’t that far. I’m not saying shut them down, I’m asking why, I’m not jumping the gun screaming racism
Lol we should have know rip wouldn’t show any sources of the same thing happening to poor whites. He’s just a closet racist.
I lived in a rural area and I had to take my in-laws over 20 miles 1 way to vote. I would also take any of my neighbors or church members similar distances to go to the store or doctor or to vote. It's what country folk do, they help their neighbors. My in-laws are black and I had both white and black neighbors I helped

Similar thing happened when WI tried to do a voter ID law. Claim was, "If you don't have an ID, just go to the DMV and get one!" Of course one of the first things the GOP did was try to either close or limit the hours (like 12-5pm) at all the DMVs accessible by bus line or in neighborhoods where mostly "Democrats" (if you know what I mean) live...

So consolidating polling stations in a rural county with a small population is going to "erase the black vote"? Has nobody ever been to Atlanta?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Edit: this thread and article just got more laughable. The entire population of Randolph County is 7,000, and that includes children, and 40% of the county is white. Mean travel time to work for people 16+ is 18.2 minutes. Swing and miss with this horse shit, race-baiting article.

Last edited:
@Konquest
Similar thing happened when WI tried to do a voter ID law. Claim was, "If you don't have an ID, just go to the DMV and get one!" Of course one of the first things the GOP did was try to either close or limit the hours (like 12-5pm) at all the DMVs accessible by bus line or in neighborhoods where mostly "Democrats" (if you know what I mean) live...

Living in a rural place comes with natural restrictions, do you expect a fully staffed DMV every day for no one to show up?

You can ask your employer for time off to register and to vote, it’s garunteed under federal law

Yes they are being targeted because they are black and the Republicans know blacks vote 9/10 for Democrats.
So they are just racist towards democrat blacks or do they want to stop all blacks from voting

@ScottE

Did you read the, granted biased, article?

You only have to get two sentences in

This is the second sentence. Are you looking at a different second sentnce because nothing here says they don't have the money to continue offering the polling stations they've been offering.

"A rural, impoverished, and predominantly black county, Randolph has just nine polling locations, all of which were open during the May primaries and July runoffs."

So they are just racist towards democrat blacks or do they want to stop all blacks from voting

They'll paint in broad strokes because as someone already said they have a high degree of certainty as to where those votes are going.

there has never been a more dangerous, less caring, less American party in this country than the modern day republicans.

These people are vile beyond belief

Some people here act as if this hasn’t happened in many other states already. It has.

Sherfront coming out of the woodwork already lol the timing of closing these polling stations is very suspect and the fact that they won’t even give them a chance to fix the so called violation makes republicans look like massive scumbags.

Sherfront coming out of the woodwork already lol the timing of closing these polling stations is very suspect and the fact that they won’t even give them a chance to fix the so called violation makes republicans look like massive scumbags.

...talks like a duck etc

I thought this type of thing only happened in shit hole countries?

Malone has claimed that he chose which polls to close by gauging their compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act. Rather than target certain communities, he merely advised election boards to shutter polling places that are not ADA compliant. Notably, many of these locations are government buildings that should already comply with ADA regulations. (Several polling places selected for closure in Randolph County, for instance, are fire stations.) But rather than direct counties to fix whatever ADA problems they might have, Malone simply suggested these locations be scrapped.

Kemp’s decision to oppose Malone’s proposal, a move he announced via a spokeswoman on Thursday night, represents a marked turn away from his policies of the past. (Abrams also denounced the plan, in much stronger language.) The secretary of state has not, however, disavowed Malone or his handiwork in 10 other counties with similarly diverse demographics. Kemp seems to have perceived the immense backlash spurred by early reports of the Randolph County closures and recognized that the scheme is indefensible.

So a guy suggests to close voting sites that don't adhere to federal law (Americans with Disabilities Act) should be shut down, and the republican secretary of state turns him down.

How many voters were those stations seeing?

On Thursday evening, the election board of Randolph County, Georgia, met to discuss a startling proposal to eliminate three-fourths of the county’s polling places months before the November election. A rural, impoverished, and predominantly black county, Randolph has just nine polling locations, all of which were open during the May primaries and July runoffs. The election board may soon shut down seven of them, including one in a precinct where about 97 percent of voters are black. Its plan would compel residents, many of whom have no car or access to public transit, to travel as much as 30 miles round trip to reach the nearest polling place.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ds-on-erasing-the-black-vote-its-working.html

Republicans are so shameless. How is this not illegal???

Have they not heard of absentee voting?

My mom has worked a polling station before . . . the one she worked at was in a small town in Oklahoma . . . even during a primary some of them aren't as busy as folks like to think.

Back