Republicans blatantly attempting (and succeeding) to erase the black vote in Georgia

giphy.gif

Oh great, another “fake news” trumpster.

You have to get all but two sentences in

Impoverished doesn’t mean wealthy

it's not just Georgia the Republicans have been using voter ID to disenfranchise Democratic leaning voter populations all across the country.

On Thursday evening, the election board of Randolph County, Georgia, met to discuss a startling proposal to eliminate three-fourths of the county’s polling places months before the November election. A rural, impoverished, and predominantly black county, Randolph has just nine polling locations, all of which were open during the May primaries and July runoffs. The election board may soon shut down seven of them, including one in a precinct where about 97 percent of voters are black. Its plan would compel residents, many of whom have no car or access to public transit, to travel as much as 30 miles round trip to reach the nearest polling place.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics...ds-on-erasing-the-black-vote-its-working.html

Republicans are so shameless. How is this not illegal???
In very rural counties where there aren't a lot of main roads, it's not unheard of to drive 15 miles to town. When you choose to live out in the country, you often do it because it's away from everyone else. And you expect to drive 12-15 miles one-way to get into town. This is nothing. These people aren't stuck where they live. They have churches and community to help and pick them up. That's how it is in rural areas.

Republicans already playing mental gymnastics in their head lol. There is no reason to close polling stations in communities that consist of 98% blacks other then making it harder for them to vote.

Good position to take. Sounds more like crappy political games than racism to me
It's both. But race is the vehicle and that's why it's illegal. The justification proffered is ADA non compliance, hilariously.

There's shit for public transportation and a huge number of voters don't own cars.

Piss, leg, raining, etc etc.

In very rural counties where there aren't a lot of main roads, it's not unheard of to drive 15 miles to town. When you choose to live out in the country, you often do it because it's away from everyone else. And you expect to drive 12-15 miles one-way to get into town. This is nothing. These people aren't stuck where they live. They have churches and community to help and pick them up. That's how it is in rural areas.
Bullshit isn't just for the boonies either. You're shoveling plenty here.

Bullshit isn't just for the boonies either. You're shoveling plenty here.
Nope. How far do you drive to work every day? Do you drive 15 miles? That's a 30 mile round trip. You are lucky if you live that close to your work. So you can certainly drive that far to vote once every 2 years.

We saw this garbage in the 2016 election also. Arizona cut down from 200 to 40...

They've largely succeeded in Texas. Voter suppression and gerrymandering are the only things keeping the Texas GOP's stranglehold on the state.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/11/04/report-texas-holds-highest-number-polling-place-cl/

Five Texas counties rank among the top 10 nationwide for closing the greatest percentage of their polling places since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a portion of the Voting Rights Act in 2013, according to a new report released less than a week before Election Day.

And taken together, Texas counties have closed more polling places than any other state, the report found.

According to the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, a civil rights advocacy group, since the high court found Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional — ruling that Texas and other states with history of racial discrimination no longer needed federal pre-clearance when changing election laws — Texas counties have closed at least 403 polling places. This will be the first election in 50 years conducted without the full force of the Voting Rights Act.

Just in case you were wondering, not a fan of that cocksucker John Roberts.

So shutting down due to funding isn’t the case in an impoverished county?

Everyone is so fucking blinded by party, and pay no attention to the facts.

I seriously pray for a large impact, the human race deserves to be wiped off this planet, #ctrl #alt #del

Nope. How far do you drive to work every day? Do you drive 15 miles? That's a 30 mile round trip. You are lucky if you live that close to your work. So you can certainly drive that far to vote once every 2 years.
So close all rural polls? Or just rationalize closures by Relublicans in districts that are black and poor and blue?

But np rrally. It's very Christian of Republicans to show such concern for poor black disabled voters. Who, if lucky, will get to drive hours--along with everybody else--to vote.

So close all rural polls? Or just rationalize closures by Relublicans in districts that are black and poor and blue?

But np rrally. It's very Christian of Republicans to show such concern for poor black disabled voters. Who, if lucky, will get to drive hours--along with everybody else--to vote.
There's a lot more white people that live rurally and drive just as far. If not farther.

In fact, I bet a lot of rural whites drive farther than that. Is that racist?

I seriously pray for a large impact, the human race deserves to be wiped off this planet, #ctrl #alt #del
You are yelling at the dirt when you should be reading about Randolph County voter suppression.

The pretext is ADA noncompliance. Making the solution (targeted closures in a black and blue district) that much more implausible.

Everything is racist now.

I'm in a rural area. I'm currently doing a 30 mile round trip beer run.

I hear you bro. #metoo
It was VERY expensive for my wife and I to sign up to receive mail in ballots too. Pretty sure it cost us a million dollars to be really lazy.

Back