Elections Republican house: no border deal till trump or republican president

A little update on the border deal. The leader of the house is in no hurry to solve border issue they said was a crisis and is now rejecting any deal till a republican is elected president.

As republicans in the house prepare to reject a deal between senate dems and republicans. A house republican revealed the whole game.

"Let me tell you, I’m not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating,” Rep. Troy Nehls, a Texas Republican, told CNN. “I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I’m not going to do it. Why would I? Chuck Schumer has had HR 2 on his desk since July. And he did nothing with it.”

Meanwhile republicans are gearing up to impeach Mayorkas for wait for it....not doing enough on the border

what fucking retards, wasting time.

Then they can't complain about the border

It's not that both parties don't care. The Dems want a solution that focuses on faster processing times but don't want to spend money on a wall or physical enforcement tools they think are not effective. Some people disagree with them but they've been consistent in their approach for a while now. I used to think the GOP was all in on closing the border to illegals and using the Dems softer stance to bludgeon them to death politically. Now, the GOP is basically saying continue the problem for another year so they can campaign on it.

I don't think anyone can truly say that both parties don't care anymore.

The GOP's alone here. They want to campaign on the existence of the problem rather than campaign on how they solved it. And that tells us that they don't really care about the problem except for how it plays on tv.
Of course they don't care. Alot of them probably own businesses that employ undocumented workers. It's just political bs to rile up their base who are too dumb to actually examine the issue.

Hmm. Do you even understand the point that the creators of this propaganda are trying to make? It's that there's no change in immigration policy. If you were thinking logically, this would undermine your other points. But I think you're only thinking affectively (i.e., this is an insult to Biden, you have a negative affective response to Biden, so you agree).

If it were possible to get through to him, this would have been game, set and match.

But alas.

This isn't already the law? Although I guess deportation doesn't always make sense; sometimes it makes sense to lock them up here.
The House passed legislation on Thursday that would mandate that migrants who enter the country without authorization and are accused of theft be taken into federal custody, as Republicans pushed a messaging bill to attack President Biden and Democrats as dangerously lax on border enforcement.

Looks like even small crimes would have an automatic detention.

if joe biden and democrat care about the border, he will sign this bill immediately.
Biden asked for a bill and now he has a bipartisan one.

"Let me tell you, I’m not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating,"

Its so blatant

Its a non issue for traditional (wealthy) conservatives, infact they benefit from it.

They have always pandered to the intellectually week whos biggest fear is "the foreigners"

Happens in EVERY society.

Back